Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

Just now, Baggins7 said:

@monkeystour on twitter is at the show and tweeting out the setlist as it comes. Nothing new in first 10 songs but potion approaching played for first time in a long time 

Imagine if they just don’t play anything new and it’s like half AM stuff again. 

3 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

Actually setlist.com is also being updated quicker than this tweeter, 12th song was a new one called nutmilk sushi

Apparently somebody’s clowning over at setlist.fm and it’s not very reliable. Following on Reddit and latest song was Pretty Visitors. Still nothing new.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

AM Reddit having a meltdown that this just another AM tour setlist

Tbh if I was a mega fan who was waiting to hear some new material I probably would be too. I mean, it’s more or less a greatest hits set, but them persisting with it being AM heavy for the third tour in a row is pretty lame, even if it is kind of understandable given their distaste for their early albums/it being their most popular overall.

edit: actually suppose it isn’t that AM heavy so far… but it just looks exactly the same as the setlists they’ve been playing for a decade now. Same album tracks etc. Only Potion Approaching is a real surprise/left field choice. 

Edited by FloorFiller

Well regardless of it being incredibly safe to the point that you wouldn’t suspect they have a new album just a couple of months away, it’s sure to go down very well with the Reading/Leeds crowd. Guess they just want to wait for the album to be out before they play anything from it (unless they’re planning on dropping something in the final few songs).

12 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

A couple of surprises, new stage setup and some kind of disco style walk on track which might hint at AM7 sound. No major surprises but it’s bloody good to have them back. 

Feels like they didn't really left actually. They do really love One For The Road din't they. 

54 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

1A6556F4-BCE7-4518-A338-7449F92E6F4D.jpeg

Nah. I’m out. Feels like they’ve been wheeled out on tour against their will. Complete cookie cutter setlist and not far off what they did at T in the Park in 2014 which I thought was boring as hell.

Still opening with Do I Wanna Know? Nearly 10 years of opening with the same track. Come on.

• Downvote 2

Jesus. Do you really get upset about a 10 year old track? Ive seen the stones do satisfaction etc the who doing pretty much everything, the kinks , primal scream doing loaded. Pretty much every band doing stuff older than 10 years.  I dont get why that's a problem 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Jesus. Do you really get upset about a 10 year old track? Ive seen the stones do satisfaction etc the who doing pretty much everything, the kinks , primal scream doing loaded. Pretty much every band doing stuff older than 10 years.  I dont get why that's a problem 

Because AM aren't even playing their greatest hits. They are (as it looks) cashing in on another lap of the AM tour.

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Because AM aren't even playing their greatest hits. They are (as it looks) cashing in on another lap of the AM tour.

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Nah. I’m out. Feels like they’ve been wheeled out on tour against their will. Complete cookie cutter setlist and not far off what they did at T in the Park in 2014 which I thought was boring as hell.

Still opening with Do I Wanna Know? Nearly 10 years of opening with the same track. Come on.

I think you are being harsh, its not necessarily a cash-in to re-tour old material. 

For the 2013/14 AM Tour, it's actually comparable. The Album came out on 9 September 2013.

They kicked off the tour on 22 May 2013, and played only 2 tracks from AM (R U Mine and Do I Wanna Know), one of which was already out as a single. in July, 2 months into the tour they were still only playing those 2 tracks from AM - stayed that pretty much until album release.

This time there's been no singles, and it's literally one gig into the tour, so when the album releases the setlist will change significantly. The AM setlist literally went from 2 AM tracks, to 10. In 2013 tour kick off they played 1 new song, in 2022 they have played 0 new songs, So I think you are being reactionary.

Shit one for those fans at the start of the tour (maybe, I saw them in August 2013 and loved it), but it was the same in 2013.

Edited by MaxPower

Yeah it’s not too strange for a band to be playing a few festivals pre-album release and railing off the hits. Obviously we all expected one or two new songs for a taster of the new album, but I can understand why they’ve chosen not to, especially if the new album is another slow burner like the last one - not something that’s gonna get a festival crowd particularly excited. 

Maybe/hopefully the setlist will change dramatically once the new album is out and this is just them giving some of these songs a last outing in a while/their fans a chance to hear them before they go heavy on the new material post October. 

Part of it is that when you're that big, people are so excited about the new stuff, that if you do it live *that* becomes the first version lots of people hear. Recorded on a shitty camera phone with bad sound. 

If they played a new song it'd be all over YouTube in hours. That's not the way you want to get your new stuff out there.

22 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Part of it is that when you're that big, people are so excited about the new stuff, that if you do it live *that* becomes the first version lots of people hear. Recorded on a shitty camera phone with bad sound. 

If they played a new song it'd be all over YouTube in hours. That's not the way you want to get your new stuff out there.

Yeah this, and same with what @FloorFillersaid. They're also probably easing into it as well so I don't think the first date is indicative of anything. 

Its a prefect setlist for a festival imo. I remember seeing Green Day headline Leeds fest in 2004, they'd just released American Idiot as a single so we all thought the set would be heavy on the new album and songs we didn't know, they played American Idiot and then it was a greatest hits set, it was fantastic. 

Imagine being at Leeds, you've been on it for days and then AM close the festival with a set where you know every song word for word, sounds class. 

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

It's literally what they do every album and it will be done again this time. Single is september, album late october and they will play a new tune live first in August. Same as they have done for the TB tour, AM tour etc etc 

They could really take the piss and start with summat like Still Take You Home or if they wanna start of steady but powerful (like DIWK esque), start with My Propeller, just to surprise a few, given they didn't play anything new and it shouldn't replicate the last 8 years worth of gigs!

It is however, an incredibly strong standalone set list. I expect it to be fairly different for R&L. I'd be a little disappointed if they started with those 3. 

Buzzing for the new stuff!