Stock on the rise...

FuzzyDunlop

5 hours ago, faymondo said:

Everyone I know who encounters Confidence Man for the first time comes away a fan. 

I love them. Even their slightly contrived, not actually very good, dance routines are entirely endearing. When they each let loose, they’re actually great movers. 

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, henry bear said:

May sound nuts as he was obviously huge already, but I reckon demand for any future Macca dates will be immense 

Will be apocalyptic in its demand. I actually remember the 2015 run of dates still have tickets floating around up until showtime. I can only assume I thought I'd catch him down the line as to why I didn't go - though it was more likely the fact he didn't come close enough to my patch to justify it.

Surely Bicep have earned themselves some credit? (Haven't been back in the outside world yet to check, not allowed to work with the C word.) People knew their songs before but couldn't name them. Hoping that will change now. 

6 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It's hard to separate the live experience in the field to the TV experience - but after venturing out into the real world & talking to people who only watched the TV broadcasts I have found:

Stock has gone up...

Sam Fender. Lots of people asked me if I saw him. From people at work who are into him to my mum who had never heard of him. After the headliners, easily my most asked about act.

Olivia Rodrigo. "There was a girl on called Olivia who was brilliant". I got that in work yesterday. A few other people who are into her asked me if I saw her cos of how good she was.

Supergrass. Admittedly this is an age &  demographic thing, but "Supergrass were mint weren't they?". Had that a lot.

What about anyone else?

Where do you work and what do you do?

Another up for Confidence Man. A forty something, three 50+ and an 80 year old who saw the full gig blew them away! Hearing and seeing isolated tracks doesn't do them justice. All wanted to see them tour and just missed them 

15 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

Surely Bicep have earned themselves some credit? (Haven't been back in the outside world yet to check, not allowed to work with the C word.) People knew their songs before but couldn't name them. Hoping that will change now. 

They did with me who watched it back on telly.

15 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

Where do you work and what do you do?

I work in Manchester City Centre... why?

3 hours ago, willgooneday said:

Turnstile and Idles of the more rockier type bands on this years bill seem to have gone down great. Yungblud as well. 

I had a blast at IDLES. Wasn’t familiar with Turnstile but just watched their set and wish I’d gone to it. Got dragged to Lorde instead 😂 🤦‍♂️ 

I don’t know but no tickets for the last two festivals and gradually pulled into the live streams this year in iplayer I had a great time with no queuing or long drops or crowd crushes or sleepless nights or …………😀 still want a ticket next time though 😉

7 hours ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Have had way more people than in previous years ask how they can get tickets for next year.  So festival stock on the whole is 📈

My stock is also up this year, with only a handful of my group having a go at me or calling me a c*** during the festival. Compared to last time, I'm on the up.

The guy in my local chippy was very impressed by my Glastonbury T-shirt. 

Shame it was the one from 2013.

1 hour ago, Talcroft said:

They’ll follow in Disclosure’s footsteps and headline Other come their next album 100%.

1 hour ago, Talcroft said:

They are already pretty big and still on that upwards trajectory. Headlining everywhere, sold out 1 night of ally pally straight away and probably will again when their next night goes on sale. Only a matter of time before they do Other!

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

They are already pretty big and still on that upwards trajectory. Headlining everywhere, sold out 1 night of ally pally straight away and probably will again when their next night goes on sale. Only a matter of time before they do Other!

In certain circles they're definitely already massive, their blog has been around soooo long. But my yard stick for really making it is if the girls at work (who listen to Heart FM) can name it. That's when you know you're big. 

People have recognised the songs for years. Hoping now they'll recognise the artist now. 

2 hours ago, Talcroft said:

In certain circles they're definitely already massive, their blog has been around soooo long. But my yard stick for really making it is if the girls at work (who listen to Heart FM) can name it. That's when you know you're big. 

People have recognised the songs for years. Hoping now they'll recognise the artist now. 

I think the girls at work are never going to cross Bicep 😂 maybe if they get tiktok and hear glue on that perhaps

Confidence Man are back with UK dates in November apparently!

I was looking forward to Supergrass, thought it would be a nice opportunity for a sit-down, noddy head chilled hour or so. Didn't factor on a full-on dance party with everyone hugely into it, hit after hit, top-up-the-bloody-mary situation. Also maybe it's my age/hormones but my word those guys are aging like a fine wine 🤣

Self Esteem and Amyl were both brilliant, glad they're getting wider recognition. 

11 hours ago, ilovelanegan said:

Confidence Man are back with UK dates in November apparently!

I was looking forward to Supergrass, thought it would be a nice opportunity for a sit-down, noddy head chilled hour or so. Didn't factor on a full-on dance party with everyone hugely into it, hit after hit, top-up-the-bloody-mary situation. Also maybe it's my age/hormones but my word those guys are aging like a fine wine 🤣

Self Esteem and Amyl were both brilliant, glad they're getting wider recognition. 

Supergrass have to be one of the most consistent live acts out there. Have seem them 15 or so times over the years and they knock it out the park every time!

• Like 1