Stock on the rise...

FuzzyDunlop

It's hard to separate the live experience in the field to the TV experience - but after venturing out into the real world & talking to people who only watched the TV broadcasts I have found:

Stock has gone up...

Sam Fender. Lots of people asked me if I saw him. From people at work who are into him to my mum who had never heard of him. After the headliners, easily my most asked about act.

Olivia Rodrigo. "There was a girl on called Olivia who was brilliant". I got that in work yesterday. A few other people who are into her asked me if I saw her cos of how good she was.

Supergrass. Admittedly this is an age &  demographic thing, but "Supergrass were mint weren't they?". Had that a lot.

What about anyone else?

• Upvote 2

I work with young people and yesterday a 14 year old asked what Glastonbury was (after asking where I'd been the week before) and when I explained a bit about it and a few of the acts I'd seen, she expressed surprise that Billie Eilish was "still performing" 🫠

Turns out though, that the youths love Mitski, which is cool. Big on Tik Tok.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I work with young people and yesterday a 14 year old asked what Glastonbury was (after asking where I'd been the week before) and when I explained a bit about it and a few of the acts I'd seen, she expressed surprise that Billie Eilish was "still performing" 🫠

Turns out though, that the youths love Mitski, which is cool. Big on Tik Tok.

Sheesh at 20 she’s so past it 😂😂 I haven’t been out since we got home so no idea what the outside would thinks! 

14 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It's hard to separate the live experience in the field to the TV experience - but after venturing out into the real world & talking to people who only watched the TV broadcasts I have found:

Stock has gone up...

Sam Fender. Lots of people asked me if I saw him. From people at work who are into him to my mum who had never heard of him. After the headliners, easily my most asked about act.

Olivia Rodrigo. "There was a girl on called Olivia who was brilliant". I got that in work yesterday. A few other people who are into her asked me if I saw her cos of how good she was.

Supergrass. Admittedly this is an age &  demographic thing, but "Supergrass were mint weren't they?". Had that a lot.

What about anyone else?

Supergrass we’re indeed “mint”! Fontaines we’re fantastic as well, set just built and built in intensity. If Wet Leg’s 2nd album hits the highs of the first, then they are nailed on for a bigger slot. Interested to see where they go (there’s some less interesting parts of album 1, but the high points are great). Yves Tumor was one I didn’t know beforehand, but I thought he was fantastic. Conversely, I love Crowded House, but thought they were a bit flat (though I missed the start as it took ages to get back from the Park), 

Sam Fender will headline at some point in the future. Maybe 3 years time when he has another successful record out.

Elsewhere, i think AmyL & the Sniffers, Katy J Pearson and First Aid Kit had excellent performances away from the big artists. 

IDLES had a huge impression on our group, 2 of them had never listened to them before and said it was one of the best sets of the weekend, they loved the energy and how that went through the crowd. For me, it was one of the best sets I've ever been at!

1 hour ago, PedroPete said:

IDLES had a huge impression on our group, 2 of them had never listened to them before and said it was one of the best sets of the weekend, they loved the energy and how that went through the crowd. For me, it was one of the best sets I've ever been at!

Just realised I've read the OP wrong.....

Same as previous years for me.

People are naturally jealous as it looks great on TV, even though you only see a tiny portion. I tend to find that the one's who say "I'll definitely be there next year!" often don't follow it up - be it a lack of commitment (organisation/pissed up the night before the sale) or just opting for other things.

Time will tell.

49 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Same as previous years for me.

People are naturally jealous as it looks great on TV, even though you only see a tiny portion. I tend to find that the one's who say "I'll definitely be there next year!" often don't follow it up - be it a lack of commitment (organisation/pissed up the night before the sale) or just opting for other things.

Time will tell.

I had a colleague who lives in Czechia, who told me after the 2019 festival, that her friend had tickets booked for them in 2022. I didn't have the heart to tell her that was bullshit.

2 hours ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Have had way more people than in previous years ask how they can get tickets for next year.  So festival stock on the whole is 📈

My stock is also up this year, with only a handful of my group having a go at me or calling me a c*** during the festival. Compared to last time, I'm on the up.

Was that once you stopped warning them about the apocalyptic weather and just enjoyed yourself?  😉