What do you do with your wristband and ticket after the festival?

moogster

18 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

I have absolutely no idea. I have to keep a list of acts seen this year to remind myself let alone past years! Old age....you'll find out one day

I've already found out! Have every act for every Glastonbury I've been to. I'm relieved I'm not the only one.

20 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

same system, but was not so organized in 87/89/90 so nothing but some very hazy memories from them. I think the program from at least one of them is somewhere in the house, but no idea where!

Aye some of those memories are so hazy! At least with digital photography I can trace my movements more easily with loads of photos and their timestamps 🧓

A friend that was with us in 1990 had a camera and took some pics. He sent them off to Bonusprint at the time and got back somebody else’s pics, a wedding! Ours included some that we definitely didn’t want shared. Anyway, he sent them back and the other people did too and a couple of months later we got the actual pictures back, phew 😮💨 

here’s one that’s shareable, look at those old tents ️ 

24AA1B2B-2ED9-47F2-ACC1-F96C83566D53.jpeg

I always throw wristbands away, I hate having anything, jewellry, or wristbands etc around my wrists and neck.

Instead I like to write a diary of all the bands and funny/interesting/disappointing things I did or saw. It helps with remembering line-ups, bands I've seen, stories I have with my friends, random people I met, and things like that. They're the things I'm worried about forgetting, not the physical wristband. I do it for any festival I go to.

Some of the ideas to make them into artwork are lovely though, wish I'd thought of that idea about twenty years ago!

On 7/2/2022 at 6:26 PM, Neville Street said:

A friend that was with us in 1990 had a camera and took some pics. He sent them off to Bonusprint at the time and got back somebody else’s pics, a wedding! Ours included some that we definitely didn’t want shared. Anyway, he sent them back and the other people did too and a couple of months later we got the actual pictures back, phew 😮💨 

here’s one that’s shareable, look at those old tents ️ 

24AA1B2B-2ED9-47F2-ACC1-F96C83566D53.jpeg

Like a boyscout convention 😛

The most recent Glastonbury band gets taken off in one piece and put onto my bunch of keys as a keyring, while the one it replaces goes onto my hat, courtesy of my Mam’s millinery skills.

This hat is a big and beautiful cowboy-style tarp hat, and as it’s quite so big and unsuitable to be rolled up and bunged into a pocket, it’s saved for special occasions only. It lives on top of my wardrobe in the meantime, looking ace. 

9 hours ago, Larraht said:

I think I'll take the ideas of people here and put on my keys. On a side note, my wristband was so loose this year I could easily slide it on and off so no cutting necessary! 

They're really sturdy so you don't even have to worry the wristband will wear out. Quality wristbands!

Makes it super easy to grab your keys  as well AND lighter than a keychain.

9 hours ago, paulshane said:

tidied 🙂

image.png.391377c2cafbc8ad931fd3fb4cfba8a5.png

also, good shout on putting the wristband on a keyring, I cut this years off, but my 2019 band was loose enough to slide off, so got a festival reminder with me everyday now 🙂

Have to say, I quite like this. Alas, no idea where those of mine I still have are!

Take it off. Throw it in a draw with all the others because im not a meff. 

Think about all the shit particles welded into the wrist band from being around those long drops... 😄 especially if you put it on your wiping arm.... haha 

wristband stays on my wrist til it falls off naturally - at the moment i still have the past six festivals plus worthy pastures, although one of them is barely hanging on by a thread...

no idea about tickets... now and again i find one somewhere that i presumably put and just forgot about... 

3 minutes ago, idb said:

Anyone binning Glastonbury related items should think about putting them on eBay. Especially the week after the festival some items go for silly prices.

Holy cow, the wristbands are going for £25-£35 and that's actual completed sales too... Madness.

Lanyard, bag and program are going for around £20 a set... We were given four spare sets on the last day so have 6 in total...

Guardian bags going for £35 to £100!!! per set! (or £13-£30 individually!) 

Could make 2023 very cheap.. 🙈😂 I'm not the sentimental type, I was there, I experienced it, that's enough for me. (I didn't even take many photos!) 

3 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Guardian bags going for £35 to £100!!! per set! (or £13-£30 individually!) 

It's the Guardian Bags that sell well. I have sold a set in previous years, but not bothered since. With very little outlay you could make a fair bit of profit.

1 minute ago, idb said:

It's the Guardian Bags that sell well. I have sold a set in previous years, but not bothered since. With very little outlay you could make a fair bit of profit.

Yep, just calculated that we could sell the stuff we amassed (at the lowest selling prices) for £370... And we weren't even 'trying' to collect stuff!!! That's most of our ticket price.