Has anyone who came back +ve tested -ve yet?

MrZigster

9 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

Still positive today! Also still have the cough, and getting tired out easily.

Same here. There’s no sign of my cough shifting a week later. Tested yesterday to see if it was safe to go back to the office and still showed a strong positive line. 

Tested +ve on weds, wife on Sat, daughter on Sun, so full house from glastonbury.

Cough had subsided over the weekend so thought I'd test today to see if I could go out in the world and do stuff...oh no, still bloomin +ve. Online shopping it is.

Bloody taste and smell gone too, didn't think they were symptoms of these omicron variants.

The group my gf and I went with started reporting Covid positives Sunday night/Monday morning. 

I tested positive last Wednesday and basically had 'flu' for 5 days (sore throat, cough, some aches and really knackered). I tested negative yesterday - only got an infrequent cough now and ongoing tiredness.

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I definitely think there’s multiple variants in play. Some people are fine and getting back on with life. A few of us have lingering symptoms. 

People have had different reactions to the same variant throughout… it’s just utterly bizarre and how it’s always been , who it hits badly and who it doesn’t . 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

We are surely now out of the range of a direct Glastonbury positive aren’t we ?  Secondary infections from family or mates that attended will be happening now ? 

Not at all, I think I caught it on the Monday coming back (nobody else in my family is positive), then tested positive on Saturday, about 5 days later, which is about right.  Now I'm on the mend, but I'm pretty sure I still have it, although to save tests I'm not going to stick anything up my nose again until tomorrow.

50 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not at all, I think I caught it on the Monday coming back (nobody else in my family is positive), then tested positive on Saturday, about 5 days later, which is about right.  Now I'm on the mend, but I'm pretty sure I still have it, although to save tests I'm not going to stick anything up my nose again until tomorrow.

Yeah we are now on the Tue so 3 days later than that .. 

4 hours ago, Porcelina said:

Tested negative today after just over a week, but I have absolutely horrific joint pain which started in the lower back and is now in my left ankle.

Anyone else had this? Seems to be fairly common with Omicron. Was barely able to walk Thurs to Sat.

I had back pain. But I just thought it was my 'standard, I've got osteo-arthritis in my lower 4 discs' pain 😊

I've had symptoms, but i haven't tested myself, since i have run out of tests and the government decided to stop giving them out. So if i do/did have it, and i have unwittingly spread it around, then its the government's fault rather than mine. 

I am hoping however the feeling shit was just a comedown, which is likely true since i had Covid last in January which means my immunity should be strong enough. 

19 hours ago, Chip Batch said:

Just a feint line on my test for the first time yesterday afternoon. I'll probably do another tomorrow morning and hoping to be clear. That was after testing positive last Monday afternoon after getting back. 

Clear test this morning. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 9:34 AM, deepkittycaz said:

Still positive today! Also still have the cough, and getting tired out easily.

Tested on the Thursday after as feeling unwell and tested positive.  Been so ever since. Mainly fatique, cough is abiding , no sore throat but lost taste. Starting to feel a bit better but blimey it's a long process. Lots of sleep!! Fingers crossed I'll be ok by the weekend. Won't bother testing until then, at least not at £2.95 a test you have to pay the chemist now!.

• Like 1

First positive test Wednesday night, today I am almost feeling like my old self. Test has a faint line but as per the local rules (5 days + 24 h healthy), I am going to do a walk outside tonight, away from people. Not going back to the office in the next two days though. Will double check on Sunday before I go to a craft beer festival. (Luckily no taste/smell issue)