Has anyone who came back +ve tested -ve yet?

MrZigster

Both my wife and I tested negative on the Tuesday, but she had a strong positive by Thursday after symptoms (cough & temperature) kicked in.

By Friday morning I felt pretty crock, very slight cough - but I’m mostly suffering from general fatigue, bit of a temperature and random aches/pains everywhere. 

We’re down to the last 2 LF tests, so I can’t confirm if what I have is actually Covid. We don’t need to be anywhere as we’re both WFH’ers - so saving the tests for now to confirm we’re clear of it next week.

I had to pull over and sleep in a layby on the way home, and also felt rough the next day. I tested negative though, so assumed I  just had a cold. I was meeting some at-risk people Tuesday, so for their safety did another test which was also negative. Emboldened by that, I've just been carrying on as normal.

However, yesterday  I heard one of our group had tested positive, so I used my third test of the week which revealed the bad news with a thick, almost black line.

I am supposed to be driving a group to Devon right now (3/7)) for a walking holiday (nobody else can drive), so that's around £900 on accommodation down the drain. I'm just thinking that if I hadn't taken that test yesterday I would have set off with a totally clear conscience, spreading germs wherever I went.

17 minutes ago, Stevie P-alike said:

I had to pull over and sleep in a layby on the way home, and also felt rough the next day. I tested negative though, so assumed I  just had a cold. I was meeting some at-risk people Tuesday, so for their safety did another test which was also negative. Emboldened by that, I've just been carrying on as normal.

However, yesterday  I heard one of our group had tested positive, so I used my third test of the week which revealed the bad news with a thick, almost black line.

I am supposed to be driving a group to Devon right now (3/7)) for a walking holiday (nobody else can drive), so that's around £900 on accommodation down the drain. I'm just thinking that if I hadn't taken that test yesterday I would have set off with a totally clear conscience, spreading germs wherever I went.

One of the biggest behaviour changes, that we're still struggling with, is spacing out plans. We went to a gig yesterday as we somehow managed to avoid the Glastonbury covid so far, but that was a rescheduled one from last year. I wouldn't have booked it now. 

Ahead of Kendal Calling we're selling our Phoebe Bridgers tickets for the Sunday before. In the past it wouldn't even cross our minds but its too much of a risk and like you say, lots of money lost if we catch it then.

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

One of the biggest behaviour changes, that we're still struggling with, is spacing out plans. We went to a gig yesterday as we somehow managed to avoid the Glastonbury covid so far, but that was a rescheduled one from last year. I wouldn't have booked it now. 

Ahead of Kendal Calling we're selling our Phoebe Bridgers tickets for the Sunday before. In the past it wouldn't even cross our minds but its too much of a risk and like you say, lots of money lost if we catch it then.

This is exactly what I was thinking about earlier today, that I should've considered the possibility of catching Covid when I planned a move from Argentina to Spain, attending a massive festival and then flying to the Netherlands, all within a 3 week period, one week each event which means I got over jetlag during Glasto and now instead of unpacking and assembling furniture in Valencia I'm recovering from Covid hoping I'll test negative before my flight to Amsterdam on Thursday. 

Should we all now buffer at least a 7 day gap between events just in case? Forget about spontaneous plans with others? Or maybe just go back to wearing a mask everywhere? 🤔

Edited by Gabi_says

30 minutes ago, Stevie P-alike said:

It's a tricky one, but if I were in that situation I'd let the group know the situation and ask them to make the call.  If they were prepared to take the risk, I'd wear as good a face covering as possible (but not an FFP3 type thing which tend to have exhalation valves) and keep the windows open all the way down - not disastrous given the current weather forecast.  So long as they don't consider themselves to be in a high-risk group, then the cost/benefit analysis of that one would be about the same as I made about going to Glastonbury, i.e. I thought there was a very real chance I'd catch it, but I judged it worth the risk.  Depending on the length of the walking holiday, the worst outcome might be the same as many seem to have had with Glastonbury - a thoroughly good time being had, with the price being paid after you get back home.

Obviously, this doesn't factor in the possibility of your own symptoms getting worse, but if you think your symptoms started on Monday, then that's now a low probability which will be reducing dramatically each day.  There are a lot of reports above from people whose tests are now showing strong positive lines after the bad symptoms have passed.

41 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

It's a tricky one, but if I were in that situation I'd let the group know the situation and ask them to make the call.  If they were prepared to take the risk, I'd wear as good a face covering as possible (but not an FFP3 type thing which tend to have exhalation valves) and keep the windows open all the way down - not disastrous given the current weather forecast.  So long as they don't consider themselves to be in a high-risk group, then the cost/benefit analysis of that one would be about the same as I made about going to Glastonbury, i.e. I thought there was a very real chance I'd catch it, but I judged it worth the risk.  Depending on the length of the walking holiday, the worst outcome might be the same as many seem to have had with Glastonbury - a thoroughly good time being had, with the price being paid after you get back home.

Obviously, this doesn't factor in the possibility of your own symptoms getting worse, but if you think your symptoms started on Monday, then that's now a low probability which will be reducing dramatically each day.  There are a lot of reports above from people whose tests are now showing strong positive lines after the bad symptoms have passed.

I think I may have had symptoms on Monday morning because I was fucking freezing in my tent after Bicep.

47 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

I think I may have had symptoms on Monday morning because I was fucking freezing in my tent after Bicep.

I was the same actually - really shivery - was a strange temperature as it was a bit too cold out the sleeping bag but too hot in it. That has happened to me before though 

9 hours ago, Talcroft said:

My symptoms almost exactly! Tested daily on my return (due to my work), only symptom a sore throat/no voice. Negative Wed night, strongly positive Thurs morning. Then had the cold sweats last two nights. Still have a niggly sore throat but other than that, I basically feel entirely well. Haven't retested yet, waiting till tomorrow. Earliest I can go back to work is Tues. 

I take this back - am negative this afternoon, so only 3 days positive in total. Hurrah for a short and mild dose! (Although, it's my third time and the last time was only Feb, so I think I earned the easy ride.)

Didn't test +ve til Thursday, and even then only a thin line.  Has ramped up steadily since tho the cough has now subsided...  But today's test is the thickest reddest line I've seen across the whole last 2 years. Don't think I'll be back in the office for a few days yet!

Negative test today.. out of the 5 day recommended also. Still not getting too close and not going to the office in the morning. 
my symptoms were a lot less than the 1st time. Tired and sore throat. Which is usual after a week on the piss. 

So I am hoping my strain has ended with me. 

I was negative the Tuesday after returning and positive when trying again Thursday. Positive again today (Sunday). My cough is slowly subsiding and my nose is much clearer. Dunno when I can expect a neggy? 

I tested positive last Tuesday, but today I'm now negative. 

I remember feeling a bit cold at night on both the Saturday and Sunday at the festival, despite having a thick duvet. I guess that was a fever starting to kick in. Last week was just sniffles and a bit of a cough, so thankfully no serious symptoms.

Bad news, my wife who was not at GFes is now testing positive.

Stay Safe.

On 7/2/2022 at 3:12 PM, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Still negative, been negative for the whole pandemic despite living in London, going to gigs, going to work, being around housemates and family who had it, and being generally out and about all the time. Legitimately starting to think I'm invincible.

I was thinking the same as you!  Never knowingly had it and zero positive tests, until...

Symptoms came on late Wednesday night, positive test Thursday morning.  Missed LCD Soundsystem on Friday night 🤬  Felt like shit all weekend, still positive yesterday, but feeling ok today.  Still a bit tired / foggy.

Husband got covid at Glasto and I somehow managed to escape it. Kids both got it off him. I’ve now managed to get it off the kids. Silver lining is that at least he’s now feeling better so he can deal with the kids while I try and sleep it off.

Tertiary Glasto-rona? 

On 7/2/2022 at 12:31 PM, deepkittycaz said:

I started getting an occasional cough late on Thurs 23rd (I came on site on Tues 21st), but was assuming it was hay fever at first. I'm now pretty sure that was the first symptom.

Tested positive immediately when I got home on Monday 27th. Still positive yesterday Friday July 1st 😞 And still feeling crap.

Still positive today! Also still have the cough, and getting tired out easily.