Has anyone who came back +ve tested -ve yet?

MrZigster

At the risk of this thread being derailed by the same idiot trolls (you know who you are)...

As per the title.

Had a very thin line this morning. Hopefully clear tomorrow. Reckon I must have caught it on the Wednesday or Thursday given the ten day thing.

Felt rough on Monday but no worse than I'd normally feel on a festival comedown after a week of boozing fun with my mates.

Woke up Tuesday with a groggy throat, hadn't cleared by Tuesday lunchtime so I did a test and it was instantly positive, went downhill pretty quickly that afternoon and by Tuesday evening had the full experience of high temperature, shivering, sweating, aches etc.

Just noticed this thread, wasn't planning to test again today as I assumed i'd still be positive and there would be no point. Tested and although still positive, it's a very faint line, getting there!

I’m hopeful for a nego test tomorrow. 

Started feeling under the weather (in retrospect) on Saturday night, cough developed Monday. Tested Tuesday and BAM red line super strong super quick. 

Have felt like shit all week but am on the mend now. Bored of watching TV which is a good sign and did a half decent day of work today. 

4 hours ago, phil the shrew said:

Developed a sore throat on Monday on the way home, and coughing Tuesday, but actually only tested positive on Thursday, when the test went full on two bars as soon as the test liquid hit it - which was a bit unexpected as I was feeling better by that point! 

When I had it in March I literally went from positive (similar to you - immediate) to negative in a few hours as I started to feel better. 

Was working on one of the very noisy main stage bars and, despite spending the festival with customers shouting/spraying their orders right into my ear, I've tested negative ever since, unlike most of my fellow volunteers.   To my knowledge, I've never once had Covid despite being in the middle of a few outbreaks where pretty much everyone around me has caught it.  I'm now telling myself that I've got some magical immunity to it and, although I secretly know that's probably a load of bollocks, it still makes me feel better.

Still happy to do tests whilst I've got a few of the free ones left - exactly the same as if there'd been an outbreak of chicken-pox and there was such a thing as instant chicken-pox test available: it's just interesting/helpful to know.  And if I discovered I'd got any type of infectious disease, I'd change my behaviour appropriately - avoid going near people or wear a face covering or verruca sock or whatever -  because I'm not a conspiracy-theorist dickhead.

Surprised to see the amount of slack being given to Barry Fish and his fellow 'face nappy'/'enough is enough' dickheads on here.  They've been infesting this forum throughout the pandemic and really ought to have fucked off a long time ago.  If Covid-related discussions turn to shit, then ban the usual suspects that derail them - don't stop the discussion.  Barry's a joke: a semi-literate bloke who's been trying to present himself as a hot-shot businessman, despite spending every waking hour postng shite on this forum - almost as much as 'Steviewevie.'  Face coverings were only ever a means to prevent dickheads from coughing/sneezing over each other, but Barry reckoned he was on a moral crusade against them because his nipper found them distressing.  The jury's out on whether Barry actually has a child, but  (using language that I wouldn't normally stoop to, but which Barry would understand) if he's raised a snowflake kid, then he's got no right to expect us to give up sensible infection precautions to humour him - lock him up in the same cellar that Barry demands the clinically vulnerable be confined to.

As to the original question: I'm aware of at least 5 people that I went to Glastonbury with who subsequently tested positive.   None of them have yet tested negative.  But no - none of them have had serious illness, which confirms my understanding that we were saved by the Omicron variants which out-competed the earlier, more hazardous variants.  I expect I'll be hearing they're testing negative imminently.

• Upvote 4

Started feeling something Wednesday, fat red lines Thursday morning and now at day 3 of an array of symptoms, luckily no taste loss. Ordered groceries online as I don't see how I could get green lighted before Tuesday/Wednesday. 

One of the most interesting symptoms: I cannot do a funny little dance while having the Glasto BBC coverage on. I will get dizzy. I will lose balance. (OH found it hilarious though...)

Still testing positive this morning. First test was Monday evening. 
I am out of the recommended 5 days isolation at midnight tonight.

2nd time with covid and this has not been as bad as the first time.

It’s funny how the ones claiming that you should be free to just get on with your own life don’t offer the same courtesy to those who still want to use the available checks to do the same but just in a different way to them.. 

Edited by redrobrob