Spider / crane debate ..... Arcadia the future ?

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Apologies if i've missed it elsewhere but why did Pangea get removed and replaced with the spider after keeping it up for the last 3 years and painting it green?

My understanding is that the giant crane was a permanent structure and therefore needed planning permission. The application was denied.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

Are you kidding me! Lonely Hearts was awesome and the larger Sonic was brilliant and allowed for some bigger names to play, the lighting in Wow was great. Silver Hayes stepped up massively this year and you want to bin it all off! 

I thought the new Sonic was good too. Allowed a much bigger space for bigger names. 

4 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

My understanding is that the giant crane was a permanent structure and therefore needed planning permission. The application was denied.

That's right - it stayed up until just before the festival because presumably it was cheaper for Arcadia to pull it down and erect the Spider in more or less one hit of work, with one crew on site. 

I only popped along Friday night after Foals - Now, I was pretty wasted, but I had a great time at GA and C&S+CC.. visuals and lasers were great and no issues with the sound.. I may have been around the edge where the speakers are.

I agree with it not needing big names.. gutted to miss KuruptFM for Macca though

Also think it has become just another 'stage' to watch acts on... as opposed to thing in itself 

20 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

Horses for courses...I found it dull and lacking in imagination, particularly compared to the rest of the site. The sound at LHC was terrible, for me it had absolutely nothing on the Blues. 

Well stay on your course then and stop trying to ruin mine 😉

Sound on LHC was hit and miss - for Sherelle it was great, for Wilkinson it was awful. 

I liked the look of the Gully Blues but the new layout of the whole space works so much better with each stage having a bit more space of its own. 

LHC needs work, sound was iffy, couldn't get near enough to hear properly for Wilkinson's set.

Sonic was an improvement on previous years but still needs to be bigger / better - steal "king tut's tent" from TITP or something bigger

Rest of Silver Hayes was pants

I used to like the Blues/Gully pity it's gone

San Remo was great - much better location than Beats hotel

Pangea was great space and sound wise, Spider looks great but isn't big enough or loud enough anymore

Pity no tower block in block9 (I understand it got ruined in storage) but great lineup & sound

IICON was great, be interesting to see some more heavy D&B on there.

• 2 weeks later...