If unsuccessful - where do you go?

AngryLama

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Do something else completely. Visit a new country.

Exactly this. Sziget is my go to for years I miss Glasto depending on the line up. I’m also considering the summer solstice festival in Iceland as well. A few days of partying where the sun doesn’t go down. 

Well my husband and I are really hoping to go to Vegas for the F1 GP, AND get re-married by Elvis while we’re out there etc. We’re likely to only go their once in our life time, so may as well be next year…can’t do that and Glastonbury realistically, so we won’t be trying for tickets. 

29 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Go to Cornwall for a few days with some friends. We can watch some of the sets in a pub/wherever we're staying and still have a good time together

That’s exactly what I’m going to do when it’s on next year anyway, it has already been decided ☺️

Dunno yet, I'll figure it out come October! I've got a big one coming next year with the rugby world cup in France, so I might just end up saving the cash. Alternative would be Beautiful Days again (this year will be #3) or maybe something earlier in the year like Bearded Theory.

EDIT: having thought about it, might well end up taking a long weekend to go walking / camping somewhere different. Was almost an option instead of BDs this year, so can see that idea getting resurrected.

Edited by Quark

Rock Werchter or Down the Rabbit hole. Nothing compares to Glastonbury but Werchter's line up tends to be good and I like the atmostphere at DTRH.

I am quite interested in End of the road, but then would make it a longer holiday as traveling to the UK is a bit more than a couple of hours drive over here.

12 hours ago, Chip Batch said:

I go to End of the Road anyway. Might add Green Man. 

These would be my 2 alternatives without going as far as Europe. 

Sziget could be a good option. Budapest is a great city and the lineup can be decent. We went in 2013.

You also have the likes of Mad Cool, which tends to get decent lineups, Primavera and Pukkelpop.