Rewind

Pinhead

Is it heresy to say that I'd have spent Saturday evening watching a load of other stuff instead of hanging around at Noel G getting a spot for Macca, and then showed up at half 10 or so in time for him to roll out the big songs? As much as I enjoyed his set. 

34 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I'm not being judgemental but.......you forgot your fucking tent?????? 😆

Yeah we had a mare. Bought all our stuff up in my car, but transferred everything over to the car we were borrowing as it was much bigger and we were car-sharing with friends. Turns out that the tent got missed when we moved everything over to the big car. Had a right stinker.

Probably Saturday. But just all based around Paul.

would have picked a better spot. Was just in front of the repeaters so got shit sound and not close enough to front to really feel the great atmosphere people are talking about. I also would have had a few more drinks to give me a bit of a buzz and would have taken a piss in a cup as he came on rather than miserably held onto it for 3 hours, which genuinely took my attention away from macca. I timed my booze well though and would have forced my group to stay out an hour later as it was the only night I was well up for it. 

17 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Would have done Waterboys if it wasn't for McCartney clash. Anyone else go - haven't heard anyone mention the gig tbh.

We saw half The Waterboys set after I took my wife to see The Egg and she didn't like them. The Waterboys were good, better than last time I saw them on the Pyramid, they finished at 22:45 though so still got a fair bit of Macca's set in too.

Stayed in bed a couple extra hours instead of Libertines so I had more energy for rest of Friday. 

Committed to trying a new Shangri-La / Silver Hayes venue Saturday night/Sunday Morning as was too busy.

Really clutching here though, had one of the best weekends of my life with the best people in my life. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 7:12 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sunday... I'd go to Bicep instead of Kendrick.

I had a good time at Kemdrick, but I'd have preferred Bicep

This! Also would have forced myself out of bed before 3pm. 

On 6/30/2022 at 8:01 PM, Quark said:

I think the only change I'd make is on Friday I'd bomb it from Supergrass to the park to see Arlo Parks. Would still have left me time to get to Sam Fender. I'd also have taken a hoody out with me earlier in the day so I didn't have to do a tent run after H&A, and then I could have seen Chainska Brassika.

Apart from that, nada.

EDIT: Thursday I'd have swung up to the Crows Nest after Nova Twins for a bit for some drinks and shenanigans with my whatsapp group before heading to Greenpeace. Could have been done with hindsight.

We caught Chainska Brassika on Small World but were too tired to really enjoy it. Friday was our “early night” in bed by 2am. Felt the benefit on Saturday - so much so that we wrote ourselves off for Sunday 🤦‍♂️ 😂 

Edited by blutarsky