Non Music Highlights

Ortiz34

Apologies if a thread already exists on this topic.

What were were your non music highlights, eg, comedy, theatre, talks, films etc

To start it off mine was

Coldwar Steve interview at the Crows Nest on Friday morning. Honourable mention to Oxide Ghosts documentary in Pilton Palais on Thursday night.

Also saw Cold War Steve and really enjoyed it. On a side note did you get one of the postcards he was giving out? They are selling on his website for £15 and we have signed ones! He was really nice and actually signed an extra one for me for one of my friends who wasn't at the festival who is a huge fan. 

Had seen Oxide Ghosts just a few weeks ago or would definitely have been there.

Circus headliners Cirque du Vulgar / Circus Funtasia were great and on a scale I've not seen before: three motorbikes riding around inside a sphere was not something I'd expected to see there!

8 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

I thought the Glastonbury On Sea area was really good. Id heard a few 'meh' comments about it from before but I liked it. A lot of effort in it and a cool place to check out, I thought.

In 2019 it genuinely seemed unfinished. Went along for a wander this year and found it to be a really nice spot - came away with candy floss for £2.50 and a stick of rock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo_l said:

Alice in Wonderland routine in the circus tent. The girl climbed a free-hanging rope with her feet! Could not work out how that was done! Properly jaw-dropping moment

Agreed, loved the whole performance and a stand out circus act! 

Also really enjoyed Siegfried and Joy and glad I made the effort across site to see their show first thing. 

I really regret the fact that I didn't do much non-music, the weekend just seemed to fly by!  I saw the Black Eagles in Astrolabe and they were really entertaining.  And a bit of mini tennis tournament but there didn't seem to be so much wandering stuff as usual.  That said, I probably only spent an hour or so there.  And I didn't realise the Circus finished early on Sunday.  

Probably the tent outer cover that got caught in the wind on Wednesday as people  were setting up and flew high in the sky across South Park from Paines possibly. Felt a bit sorry for whoever had to chase it, but the crowd was highly amused. 

Edited by Reckoner