Is it usually okay to get tickets if determined

O'Doyle Rules

3 hours ago, Quark said:

It's truly bizarre. I don't know if it's actually a thing, or if the accent is so recognisable that it just stands out and gives the impression of loads of people around the site. But yep, for as long as I've been going!

A combination of accent thing and we love a good party.

We talk about this and all "southern" accents tend to blend into one for us. South West you can tell a bit more.

The difference in accent between us and Manchester 30 miles away is stark.

Oh and we can be loud on occasions (See above about partying) 

Our group split up into singles is in a partnership going to other houses Eg in-laws.

Also put bounties out to our mates to try EG case of ale if you get them.

More people trying the minuscule increase in odds.

Oh and 4 of us volunteer for the coach to lower the main sale stress.

Edited by faymondo

4 minutes ago, faymondo said:

We talk about this and all "southern" accents tend to blend into one for us. South West you can tell a bit more.

Our group split up into singles is in a partnership going to other houses Eg in-laws.

Makes sense! There was a group camped next to us in Lime Kiln and one of them had what I can only describe as the strongest, thickest Liverpool accent I have ever heard.  Like, the kind you would assume someone was putting on as a parody. They were definitely there for a good party 😄

• Like 1

I know full well my luck will end one day. That's eight I've done now, and never missed out when I've been trying for tickets. Still give myself the best chance I can with organisation and all the other bits that knock up the chances, but one day I just won't get through to that ticket page. And I'll deal with it when it comes 🙂

6 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

What’s the consensus on refresh or be patient? 
I was speaking to someone who had read some good reason for not refreshing (I can’t remember why), which is what she did and was sent to the booking page after 3 minutes. 

We use auto-refresh extensions across all browser types at 3 second intervals. Always got tickets.

Detection of refreshing at anything that isn't bot levels is a myth.

6 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

What’s the consensus on refresh or be patient? 
I was speaking to someone who had read some good reason for not refreshing (I can’t remember why), which is what she did and was sent to the booking page after 3 minutes. 

I refresh, but I'm working from a laptop with 3 different browsers open (not multiple tabs within browsers) and a phone, so by cycling through the 4 windows I'm working from I generally find I'm hitting a reasonably sweet frequency of refreshes. Seems to have worked so far.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm not confident in my ability to deal. Not after how good this one was.

I think I'd find it harder after a shite one, because I'd feel like I had unfinished business. Can't go out on a shite one!

I think it'll be much harder to get tickets for 2023 than before.

I don't think media coverage this year in itself will have much of an impact, as there is always huge media coverage, and people wishing they'd be able to go.

But it is now a much broader festival than ever with much wider appeal - for instance, it now has a credible breadth and depth across more genres especially this year for urban/grime/rap (e.g. Megan Thee Stalion, AJ Tracey, Kendrick Lamar headlining), and teen-friendly pop (Olivia Rodrigo, Sigrid, Holly Humberstone, Billie Eilish headlining).

Also, there was 2 consecutive "fallow" years due to COVID. And given what seem like more complaints about over-crowding than usual, I think they'll keep the capacity smaller.

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

I think if you really want to go, there is always a way. 

Outside of bagging a regular ticket, there are always other options, such as working, or blagging your way in......

Over and above the music and weather this year what really made it the GOAT was the team we've assembled. Everyone was firing on all cylinders.

Difficult to replicate that via the ways and means methods.

23 minutes ago, faymondo said:

To be fair I'm pretty good at telling the subtle differences between the Northern accents and I ended up sending a message to my dad saying Liverpool City Centre must be empty this weekend😂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, gfa said:

We got our 2020/22 tickets on a first gen iPad 🙂 we almost didn't bother using it as well!

iPad strat confirmed!

I've got a theory that Safari on an iPad was, until recently (with the new ARM based laptops), pretty much the fastest way to browse the internet so gave an ever so slight advantage. But that's probably my ape brain trying to find a pattern in something that's purely coincidental.

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

I refresh, but I'm working from a laptop with 3 different browsers open (not multiple tabs within browsers) and a phone, so by cycling through the 4 windows I'm working from I generally find I'm hitting a reasonably sweet frequency of refreshes. Seems to have worked so far.

Was sure I read somewhere that refreshes were per IP not per session? I like your method more than my single browser method because I'm far too trigger happy with F5 and probably hit the limit

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, mobfant said:

I think it'll be much harder to get tickets for 2023 than before.

I don't think media coverage this year in itself will have much of an impact, as there is always huge media coverage, and people wishing they'd be able to go.

But it is now a much broader festival than ever with much wider appeal - for instance, it now has a credible breadth and depth across more genres especially this year for urban/grime/rap (e.g. Megan Thee Stalion, AJ Tracey, Kendrick Lamar headlining), and teen-friendly pop (Olivia Rodrigo, Sigrid, Holly Humberstone, Billie Eilish headlining).

Also, there was 2 consecutive "fallow" years due to COVID. And given what seem like more complaints about over-crowding than usual, I think they'll keep the capacity smaller.

It really won’t … unfortunately we have a cost of living crisis that will price many out …. Not saying it’s going to be easy but unfortunately other things will become a priority for some and that will inevitably reduce the numbers trying 

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Over and above the music and weather this year what really made it the GOAT was the team we've assembled. Everyone was firing on all cylinders.

Difficult to replicate that via the ways and means methods.

Oh for sure. 

Option one is always to bag a ticket in October with a grade A squad. 

But even option two is going to be better than not being at Glastonbury at all. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Same browser, different windows or different browsers? 

1 minute ago, PassingCloud said:

Same browser, different windows or different browsers? 

Different browsers. One Chrome, One IE, One MS Edge, a single tab running on each browser. Window for each, size adjusted so I can see all three on a single screen at once. Easy visibility if one gets through. 

• Like 1

It being "pure luck" is a myth

The inconvenient truth is that you can 'pull yourself up' - in life as in Glasto.

Keep trying, keep open to opportunities, and you will go.

Press F5 3 times on a Sunday morning and you won't.

1 hour ago, essjay2009 said:

I've got a theory that Safari on an iPad was, until recently (with the new ARM based laptops), pretty much the fastest way to browse the internet so gave an ever so slight advantage. But that's probably my ape brain trying to find a pattern in something that's purely coincidental.

It's definitely not due to your fastest browser theory - if it were then obviously someone on a macbook would be doing better than you, as they would have better hardware. 

I've certainly known others do well on ipads and phones too (both apple and android) but no idea why. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

It really won’t … unfortunately we have a cost of living crisis that will price many out …. Not saying it’s going to be easy but unfortunately other things will become a priority for some and that will inevitably reduce the numbers trying 

You don't think that as in many things it will price some people out? If there's a couple of million registered there are still tons for whom 285 quid for several days of fun with pals is a good deal and their finances won't be restricted.