Is it usually okay to get tickets if determined

O'Doyle Rules

5 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

First year was 2019 yeah. I didn't even think about the co-op this year and paid through the nose for cans of coke at the festival shops (2.50 a can). Anyone know what the co-op were charging?

£6.50 for a pack of 10 x 330ml. Full fat.

Just now, incident said:

£6.50 for a pack of 10 x 330ml. Full fat.

Damn, I spent a fortune on cans of coke at the shops, what an idiot. Never crossed my mind to go to the co-op, probably because I never walked past it once the whole festival so sort of forgot it existed.

5 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Damn, I spent a fortune on cans of coke at the shops, what an idiot. Never crossed my mind to go to the co-op, probably because I never walked past it once the whole festival so sort of forgot it existed.

Yeah, they're a bargain by comparison. We paid 2 or 3 quid for cans of soft drinks from food stalls, but only cos Co op didn't have, although split a can of sprite so the mixer in your drink is a quid and it's not so bad. 

In relation to click and collect aren't there three issues? 

1. Discussions recently about the carnage when they used to flog 2 litre bottles of cider on site and folks would get banjaxed. 

2. Seems the opposite direction to their slight suggestions in the past that people should only carry and consume smaller quantities of booze

3.  Spending in the bars helps the festival and thereby the charities they support

18 hours ago, Pinhead said:

More like they wouldn't want coop undercutting the bars on booze price.

But isn't that something that contributes to the annual revenue and therefore goes towards the two million quid a year which goes to charities? 

In that 50th documentary Michael mentioned that contribution a couple of times and it seemed clear that's one of the reasons he's happy for the festival to happen. 

People really sleep on the co-op at glastonbury, never queued more than a few minutes. Reading has effectively the same co-op, if not a bigger one and has a half hour queue all day long with half the festival capacity! I guess it does sell alcohol but there are also loads of supermarkets not too far from the festival so booze is less of an issue etc.

Was very shocked that they didn't even have a big queuing area too, if there was a rush on the co-op it would be carnage!

14 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Re coach tickets - what's to stop you creating two registrations at different addresses (e.g. family etc) trying in both sales and then cancelling the coach ticket if successful in general? 

Obviously against the t+C's but would they actually spot it?

Zero if done well with all unique details bar name i reckon. they wouldn't cancel just incase there were two people with the same name - even better if your name is John Smith etc

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

But isn't that something that contributes to the annual revenue and therefore goes towards the two million quid a year which goes to charities? 

In that 50th documentary Michael mentioned that contribution a couple of times and it seemed clear that's one of the reasons he's happy for the festival to happen. 

The bar contribution? Yeah most likely - where's it come from tho - the cost of the pitch or some %age of sales - dunno. Presumably coop pay a fee for being there too?

21 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

The bar contribution? Yeah most likely - where's it come from tho - the cost of the pitch or some %age of sales - dunno. Presumably coop pay a fee for being there too?

co-op similar, they also built the store in Pilton as part of their contract to being allowed to operate at the festival i think (not sure if it was a written contract, but it was 100% related)

3 minutes ago, sophiemarie said:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already on this thread... What is stopping someone from hiring a bunch of random people from PeoplePerHour or Fiverr to help them buy tickets? Or using something more sophisticated, like a bot?

(To clarify: I wouldn't do this.)

Nothing. As long as one of the parties are ok with coughing up the CC details.

On 7/4/2022 at 9:54 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

If anyone schedules a wedding on Glastonbury weekend, it is a no from me, Clive. Ruins my television schedule.

I missed a friends wedding in 2015 that was held in York because it clashed with Glastonbury, as did 5 other mates.

TBF to the groom he said 'She wanted it on that weekend and I said its a risk most of the lads won't come' 

I think the reception was a fairly tame affair as a result of most of the heavy drinkers being in Somerset that weekend. 🙂 

• 4 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 2:00 AM, clarkete said:

I think I've been to more than the other responders to your question thus far (every one since 1985) and from my point of view I'd say no, these days it's never a reasonable probability.  With say 2.5  (ish) million people registered, it's clear there will always be far more applicants than tickets - so hundreds of thousands of us have to be disappointed every year.  The last few festivals have had good weather and tbh even after 2016 which got a lot of TV coverage for mud that didn't put applicants off.

I've had a number of times when I failed in the sale (and didn't even get a sniff), several of which were saved in a resale and one in a secret resale (but they no longer happen).

The secret resales don’t happen now? 

On 6/29/2022 at 10:54 PM, O'Doyle Rules said:

Hi all,

After each festival I get the fear that it may be my last for a while following a difficult ticket day.

I’ve been nearly every year since I started going - usually trying to get involved in as many groups as possible and trying furiously on the day.

Do other regulars think, with a bit of determination and planning, that getting a ticket is a reasonable probability? I can’t help but feel next year will be the quickest sellout year due to massive media coverage of this year’s festival. However, there are a lot of regulars here so I wonder if there is a common theme why everyone is relatively successful.

Best!

So did you manage to get tickets? 

4 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

The secret resales don’t happen now? 

No, I got one of those, but it's quite a few years back now sadly. 

I think a few are expecting that with line up announcements and some poor folks having to tighten belts after winter the resale may be OK for those who are primed.