Is it usually okay to get tickets if determined

O'Doyle Rules

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

How do you keep the refresh pace up on multiple devices with one pair if hands? Won't an auto-refresh plug-in have refreshed again by the time you've noticed it's struck gold?

Basically have them set up in an arc around the desk. Keep a steady rhythm, usually in time with whatever I'm listening to. Start left to right and work across. I F5 manually, don't use any plugins so I've only got the 20s limit set by the See page, and unless I get distracted I've not reached the point where it's refreshing before I get there. I've certainly never refreshed or had an auto refresh lose me a place on the registration page.

I've had some bought for me, but over the last few years I've had a pretty decent strike rate for myself and others, so guess I'm doing something right!

The nightmare year was 2017, was so determined to get tix I was even using IE on my Xbox360. Luckily I connected on something else, but the though of entering reg details using the xbox controller was giving me the sweats.

In our house I go old school with manual auto refreshing and my husband does all the technical wizardry he can muster. I do use vpn so that what I do doesn't affect what he does and vice versa. I am also usually responsible for comms in our house to the rest of the group. 

I know that before going in I shut every window and app apart from the spreadsheet with all the necessary details, browser and whatsapp. Usually mute all chats apart from the ticket group.

Removing as many barriers / potential fuckups as possible is the key.

Personal T-Day bugbear. People using the whatsapp group for inane chatter. 

"I haven't got in yet" - great, thanks for letting me know.

"This is mental LOL" - no shit, it's Glastonbury T-Day

"Look at this picture of my kid eating a cake" - I hate you and your child.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

We had a policy of absolute radio silence from 5 minutes before T day for the resale after that only message allowed were I have bought x 

1 minute ago, Mark Greensmith said:

if you do use auto refresh plugins, do you just stop them as soon as you get through? I would imagine refreshing would bring you straight back to the booking page anyway, but does this not fuck you over? Are you better just not using them?

This was my experience the one time I tried them. Too much of a fiddle.

Just now, Mark Greensmith said:

if you do use auto refresh plugins, do you just stop them as soon as you get through? I would imagine refreshing would bring you straight back to the booking page anyway, but does this not fuck you over? Are you better just not using them?

This is one of the reasons I've never bothered. I've got enough to worry about without having to remember to turn it off once I'm through and kicking me out.

The anxiety is real.

Thanks guys, I only went for the first time in 2019 with intention now to go every year of my life where possible. My friend managed it both times previously but i've only ever gotten through to the booking page once for my girlfriend in the resale this year (and she didn't get a ticket as my friend already had one allocated when i tried to get them both... v annoying haha)

Edited by Mark Greensmith

7 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

There are more sophisticated ones now that will auto refresh until they detect that they have reached the page. 

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

There are more sophisticated ones now that will auto refresh until they detect that they have reached the page. 

Are there any advantages to refreshing do you think? I would imagine if it's going to route you through it will on the see tickets refresh, is it just you get to that page just that bit quicker?

Had a google chrome auto-refresh plugin going for every 3 seconds for last ticket sale, zero luck until it had sold out.

Seem to remember you go to seetickets.glastonburyfestival.com which is the first barrier, if you get through that and not just a white screen, you're then into a second level and thats when F5 comes in. 

either way, its an awful, horrible feeling watching the clock tick and your heart beat is increasing as you get just a blank page again and again.

2 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

This is what I did on the coach resale, got through on the work vpn after 5 minutes. 

It does seem to be easier to buy coach tickets. I don’t have any figures to back this up but when I’ve tried for coach tickets I’ve got them pretty quick. I’d have thought they are less popular as it limits what you can take and when you can go. 

I used to think this but had no joy at all for coaches in 2017 and 2019. 

12 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

Are there any advantages to refreshing do you think? I would imagine if it's going to route you through it will on the see tickets refresh, is it just you get to that page just that bit quicker?

The main advantage is how often you can do it and whether you can set it up for a range of devices. 

Auto refresh is every 20 seconds

Manually refreshing (depending on how many devices you have will be say roughly every 2-3 seconds)

Autorefresh extensions you can specify how often they do it (although more than once a second will likely get you blocked) If you have 2 or 3 devices that you can monitor then auto refresh will theoretical give you most chances for least effort during the actual sale (they can be a faff to set up) 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Lolzing here.

Focus on the fucking task guys!

I've had a 100% success rate the last 4 ticket sales. My plan is to have 1 device with 1 window/tab per internet connection. So laptop with 1 Chrome tab connected to home wifi, Android phone connected via 4g and work laptop connected via VPN to the office - and keep refreshing all of them. My theory is that having multiple tabs or browsers via the same internet connection is just going to slow all of them down. Seems to work for me.   

Edited by Johnnyseven

1 minute ago, Jay Pee said:

Lolzing here.

Focus on the fucking task guys!

Boils my piss. Especially when radio silence has been agreed and the parameters for acceptable messaging have been clearly set out.

8:59 - radio silence unless successful, agreed? Good luck everyone.

9:02 - anyone in yet?

image.jpeg.38beff215bdf8df4e8881f4a25fa216a.jpeg

18 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

The main advantage is how often you can do it and whether you can set it up for a range of devices. 

Auto refresh is every 20 seconds

Manually refreshing (depending on how many devices you have will be say roughly every 2-3 seconds)

Autorefresh extensions you can specify how often they do it (although more than once a second will likely get you blocked) If you have 2 or 3 devices that you can monitor then auto refresh will theoretical give you most chances for least effort during the actual sale (they can be a faff to set up) 

I guess my question was more about refreshing in the first place auto or not. Does that really increase chances, or is it just you get through to the booking page that little bit quicker?

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

In our house I go old school with manual auto refreshing and my husband does all the technical wizardry he can muster. I do use vpn so that what I do doesn't affect what he does and vice versa. I am also usually responsible for comms in our house to the rest of the group. 

How does auto-refresh work? What if you land the page, it won’t auto-refresh you off it?

edit: it’s ok, I saw that you already answered this. 

Edited by PassingCloud

3 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

I guess my question was more about refreshing in the first place auto or not. Does that really increase chances, or is it just you get through to the booking page that little bit quicker?

Well every time you refresh is an attempt to connect to the page so if you do it 60 times a minute vs 3 times you’ll have 20 times more chances to be successful. 

2 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

How does auto-refresh work? What if you land the page, it won’t auto-refresh you off it?

Depending on the auto refresh you use some are sophisticated enough to stop when the page changes! 

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Boils my piss. Especially when radio silence has been agreed and the parameters for acceptable messaging have been clearly set out.

8:59 - radio silence unless successful, agreed? Good luck everyone.

9:02 - anyone in yet?

I have an 8.58am "hang on a sec just waiting to hear back if xxx wants a ticket" text before.

the-office-michael-scott.gif

Groups etc arranged weeks before.