Is it usually okay to get tickets if determined

O'Doyle Rules

16 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I think cost of living crisis will affect gigs and festivals but of those Glastonbury will be the least affected because it is the best value for money. If you normally go to lots of gigs and festivals you might cut back but still keep Glastonbury as your way of seeing lots of live music and enjoy a festival experience. It’s smaller festivals that will fall first. 

Its these overpriced stadium shows that will fall first once everyone and their nan has stopped touring! Ed Sheeran giving out free tickets is just the start, so much seatfilling going on this summer e.g. at Lytham festival. APE is going to have loads too no doubt. Festivals will hopefully do well, especially ones with a niche, as they are just so good value for money as gigs get more expensive at such a fast rate.

Whether you get through on each individual refresh, and whether the payment pages behave themselves once you're through, is luck.

Everything you build around that increases your chances beyond that is a mixture of organisation (working in a group, roping in friends and family, having reg numbers and payment details ready to go) and, let's be honest, a level of affluence or a certain job/profession that gives you access to multiple devices.

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Far from being safe its maybe the most precarious moment.

I've reached this point 2 of the last 3 sales, only to be dumped out.

Heartbreaking stuff. 

(Luckily I've had mates with better luck). 

My personal track record is success every year from 1994 to 2016, failure in 2017 and 2019, success again this year. But you'll be competing with one less person next year as we're going to go to other festivals for the next three years before giving it another try. 

Our attendee numbers have dropped off from double figures a few years back to three people this year. So I'd say that if there are still plenty of you planning to go and you coordinate your ticket day strategies, odds are still good. 

22 minutes ago, Quark said:

Whether you get through on each individual refresh, and whether the payment pages behave themselves once you're through, is luck.

Everything you build around that increases your chances beyond that is a mixture of organisation (working in a group, roping in friends and family, having reg numbers and payment details ready to go) and, let's be honest, a level of affluence or a certain job/profession that gives you access to multiple devices.

Yeah, the last part helps us if I'm being honest. I connect to my work VPN, to my home broadband via another laptop, and to my mobile provider through my phone. Which unlike just having multiple devices on a single connection does actually increase the chances. 

5 minutes ago, DTichborne said:

Yeah, the last part helps us if I'm being honest. I connect to my work VPN, to my home broadband via another laptop, and to my mobile provider through my phone. Which unlike just having multiple devices on a single connection does actually increase the chances. 

Yup.  I think we like to kid ourselves that everyone has the same chances and it's all down to organisation, but it's not just that. If (for argument's sake) I've got a home laptop, my work laptop, Mrs Q's work laptop, my phone and my work phone then I've automatically got 5 times as many chances to get through to the registration page as someone who just has a phone.

13 minutes ago, DTichborne said:

My personal track record is success every year from 1994 to 2016, failure in 2017 and 2019, success again this year. But you'll be competing with one less person next year as we're going to go to other festivals for the next three years before giving it another try. 

Our attendee numbers have dropped off from double figures a few years back to three people this year. So I'd say that if there are still plenty of you planning to go and you coordinate your ticket day strategies, odds are still good. 

Must have been tough to miss out in 2017 after such a prolonged attendance!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Isn't this the cardinal sin of Glasto ticket buying?

Yup. Nothing worse than getting through to registration page and finding that one number has already been bought for. Fucks up 5 other people at the same time. Sometimes it's a lack of understanding about how the system works, which is forgivable, but people who spread themselves across groups knowing what the impact is can get in the bin.

19 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yup. Nothing worse than getting through to registration page and finding that one number has already been bought for. Fucks up 5 other people at the same time. Sometimes it's a lack of understanding about how the system works, which is forgivable, but people who spread themselves across groups knowing what the impact is can get in the bin.

There's a special place in hell for people who do that. I like to think that if hell exists those people get dunked in long drops repeatedly and for eternity. 

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

If you manage to get through to the ticket ordering, does that mean you’re safe, or do you have to be very quick and press complete before you can relax?

Got through at 9.07am last year put all our registration details in and could get no further,it would not submit the page ,i didn't get the tickets 😑 

10 minutes ago, Steel city camper said:

Got through at 9.07am last year put all our registration details in and could get no further,it would not submit the page ,i didn't get the tickets 😑 

Gutted. Although you got one step further than me. I was very lucky that someone got though and secured my ticket. 

10 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Not a sniff since October 2014 (for 2015) here. Hoping for more success this time 🙂 

I am setting up a group so PM if you’re trustworthy (🤣) and interested. Wish it don’t have to be this way. I’d like to be able to buy my ticket from HMV / pay a dodgy geezer to roll me in a carpet and sling me in back of van (true story). 

1 hour ago, DTichborne said:

This is what I did on the coach resale, got through on the work vpn after 5 minutes. 

It does seem to be easier to buy coach tickets. I don’t have any figures to back this up but when I’ve tried for coach tickets I’ve got them pretty quick. I’d have thought they are less popular as it limits what you can take and when you can go. 

4 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

I am setting up a group so PM if you’re trustworthy (🤣) and interested. Wish it don’t have to be this way. I’d like to be able to buy my ticket from HMV / pay a dodgy geezer to roll me in a carpet and sling me in back of van (true story). 

I got my first ticket from HMV 2 weeks before the festival, less stress then, and a lot cheaper!

12 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Thank you, appreciate that, will be in touch

On 6/30/2022 at 8:42 AM, crazyfool1 said:

71/73 got tickets from our spreadsheet over the resales with a few people taking the work option … the best thing to do is try and up chances by increasing numbers helping  … unfortunately this seems the way to go now 

Out of interest how do you communicate when someone gets through? Is there an order to whos tickets get bought first? 

Just now, e_p said:

Out of interest how do you communicate when someone gets through? Is there an order to whos tickets get bought first? 

You and your team go for your group first . We had a watts app group and would mark them off once done . You would then go for another group that hadn’t been marked green on a spreadsheet 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Yup.  I think we like to kid ourselves that everyone has the same chances and it's all down to organisation, but it's not just that. If (for argument's sake) I've got a home laptop, my work laptop, Mrs Q's work laptop, my phone and my work phone then I've automatically got 5 times as many chances to get through to the registration page as someone who just has a phone.

Do you connect each device through a VPN too? Feel like common sense would dictate that chances are greater this way.

1 minute ago, Mark Greensmith said:

Do you connect each device through a VPN too? Feel like common sense would dictate that chances are greater this way.

Nope, although that might be better. Generally have the phone running on their 4g and the laptop(s) on the home wifi.

In theory I could connect my work laptop to our VPN but that slows it down and I'd be worried about a security protocol popping up and blocking access to part of the process.