Is it usually okay to get tickets if determined

O'Doyle Rules

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

It really won’t … unfortunately we have a cost of living crisis that will price many out …. Not saying it’s going to be easy but unfortunately other things will become a priority for some and that will inevitably reduce the numbers trying 

I think cost of living crisis will affect gigs and festivals but of those Glastonbury will be the least affected because it is the best value for money. If you normally go to lots of gigs and festivals you might cut back but still keep Glastonbury as your way of seeing lots of live music and enjoy a festival experience. It’s smaller festivals that will fall first. 

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I think cost of living crisis will affect gigs and festivals but of those Glastonbury will be the least affected because it is the best value for money. If you normally go to lots of gigs and festivals you might cut back but still keep Glastonbury as your way of seeing lots of live music and enjoy a festival experience. It’s smaller festivals that will fall first. 

Yes this - I saw 24 acts so for 300 quid that would be pretty good value given the individual price of a gig these days. 

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Not long till we find out …. Not forgetting Glastonbury doesn’t just have its ticket price to pay out for …. It’s not cheap by any means …. I agree on value for money though 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Not long till we find out …. Not forgetting Glastonbury doesn’t just have its ticket price to pay out for …. It’s not cheap by any means …. I agree on value for money though 

Given that most people I know who went to Glastonbury also went to multiple gigs and other festivals this year I think it’s fair to say that all of those would go by the wayside first. 

11 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Given that most people I know who went to Glastonbury also went to multiple gigs and other festivals this year I think it’s fair to say that all of those would go by the wayside first. 

I guess it’ll be different for different people how they choose to do it … over £1000 for many for Glastonbury weekend … could be 10 gigs spaced throughout the year …. Or people might just have to stop all that fun stuff regardless . Anyway not long till oct 

3 minutes ago, Larraht said:

Isn't it always the first Sunday of October...I bloody hope so as in America for the following one.

It'll be the one after, dates/days fell the same in 2016 for the 2017 sale and it was the 9th. Allows the Thursday coach sale to be in October as well.

I haven't read the whole thread, but before SEE sorted out their server capacity then definitely yes, perseverance would pay off, it literally took all day to sell out because no one could get on the site 🤣 I think I miss that, at least you knew if you stuck with it you'd get them and anyone who gave up probably wasn't that bothered 

3 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

I haven't read the whole thread, but before SEE sorted out their server capacity then definitely yes, perseverance would pay off, it literally took all day to sell out because no one could get on the site 🤣 I think I miss that, at least you knew if you stuck with it you'd get them and anyone who gave up probably wasn't that bothered 

yeah that was better than 30 minutes and done, nothing worse watch the clock get to that half an hour mark knowing the game is up

Just now, august1 said:

yeah that was better than 30 minutes and done, nothing worse watch the clock get to that half an hour mark knowing the game is up

Yep! The pressure is too much! We used to set everything up so we could sit in bed all morning with the laptops 😂

32 minutes ago, august1 said:

Absolutely horrendous feeling , I got through at 9.07 am last time and was buzzing my nut off thinking this is a piece of piss , fast forward 15 minutes and I can't for the life of me submit all our registrations and get on to the next page ,9.30 am and I'm ticket less and missing Glastonbury for the first time in 5 years , soul destroying 

12 minutes ago, Steel city camper said:

Absolutely horrendous feeling , I got through at 9.07 am last time and was buzzing my nut off thinking this is a piece of piss , fast forward 15 minutes and I can't for the life of me submit all our registrations and get on to the next page ,9.30 am and I'm ticket less and missing Glastonbury for the first time in 5 years , soul destroying 

From nearly there to absolute despair.... remember that happening to quite a few. Wouldnt accept registration numbers, saying already used or payment wouldnt authorise.

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I guess it’ll be different for different people how they choose to do it … over £1000 for many for Glastonbury weekend … could be 10 gigs spaced throughout the year …. Or people might just have to stop all that fun stuff regardless . Anyway not long till oct 

I reckon the resale is where the cost of living will show up . With the half a year before parting with the majority of the money and the likelihood the cost of living will bite harder after October (comparatively), people might think things will get better by April and go with the deposit and decide later. Clearly they'll be vastly wrong so a big resale most likely!