Is it usually okay to get tickets if determined

O'Doyle Rules

The best advice really is to be organised. You might think your big group has a good chance without realising you're the one who is doing it properly and everyone else is just sat there letting it refresh, or using too many devices on the same wifi etc. 

What I do is write out a really clear and detailed doc on the steps required, including tips and tricks and share that with everyone trying so that everyone knows what they are doing.

With the exception of one year when I volunteered I haven't missed one since 2008. I really do think if you're organised you have a much greater chance. Obviously the forum can help you there too.

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

What’s the consensus on refresh or be patient? 
I was speaking to someone who had read some good reason for not refreshing (I can’t remember why), which is what she did and was sent to the booking page after 3 minutes. 

Refreshing failed miserably for me at the last ticket sale day.  had about 4 devices on the go, 1 got through but when i put my details in got the sold out message.

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

What’s the consensus on refresh or be patient? 
I was speaking to someone who had read some good reason for not refreshing (I can’t remember why), which is what she did and was sent to the booking page after 3 minutes. 

Refreshing worked for us. If you don't refresh it auto refreshes every 30 seconds, vs every 1-2 seconds. Far more chances of getting through - although if theres reason not to i'd like to know i guess

30 minutes ago, gfa said:

Refreshing worked for us. If you don't refresh it auto refreshes every 30 seconds, vs every 1-2 seconds. Far more chances of getting through - although if theres reason not to i'd like to know i guess

There was chat in the past that too many refreshes would flag you as a ddos attack and block you/send you to a different page that would not let you through, but who knows. I've always refreshed and works out fine. The key is to have multiple devices in different networks, so on your normal WiFi, feathered to 5g, and multiple vpns. At least it's worked for me so far...

1 hour ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Have you all thought about coming to Liverpool for ticket day? Would seem to exponentially increase your chances for tickets. 🤣 

Haha I would love some evidence pointing towards this. Scousers everywhere!

Has this always been the case? Only been the festival twice myself (2022 just gone and 2019). Met alot this year.

49 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

Haha I would love some evidence pointing towards this. Scousers everywhere!

Has this always been the case? Only been the festival twice myself (2022 just gone and 2019). Met alot this year.

It's truly bizarre. I don't know if it's actually a thing, or if the accent is so recognisable that it just stands out and gives the impression of loads of people around the site. But yep, for as long as I've been going!

1 hour ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

Refreshing failed miserably for me at the last ticket sale day.  had about 4 devices on the go, 1 got through but when i put my details in got the sold out message.

Whereas not refreshing failed miserably for me, but thankfully someone else succeeded. 

3 hours ago, matichin said:

There was chat in the past that too many refreshes would flag you as a ddos attack and block you/send you to a different page that would not let you through, but who knows. I've always refreshed and works out fine. The key is to have multiple devices in different networks, so on your normal WiFi, feathered to 5g, and multiple vpns. At least it's worked for me so far...

That's only if you do more than 60/min (1/sec). Its the same on most ticketing website.- and yes as you said different networks. VPNs are likely to be blocked by seetickets by the way - to avoid touts getting stacks of tickets on normal events. I had like 3 devices, just kept going across my table refreshing each one (although i feel like after a few mins / sales you develop an idea that one device is lucky due to better internet / past success!)

3 hours ago, matichin said:

Nah, you're not going to hit a rate that would flag you as a potential DDOS participant from your laptop or phone.

It's usually just the Mrs and I getting tickets for ourselves so we set up a few laptops and tablets and just hit refresh as much as we can. I usually set at least one laptop up to auto refresh as well and play a sound when the content on the page changes, just for an extra chance.

We've got tickets every time we've tried since 2015. Weirdly, it's always been on the iPad and not the laptops / phones. Every single time. Just coincidence I think, not some magic recipe for success. We do have very fast internet (symmetric gigabit) and a very good network running on mostly enterprise kit because I'm a nerd.

I've always used one device one browser and just refresh, keep it simple. It's worked most times 09/10/11 were pretty easy, 15 was resale on my phone, 16 coach sale on phone, 17 coach sale at home, 19 regular sale at home, 20-22 regular sale at home. One device one browser each time. I'm giving the credit to sheer flipping luck. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, essjay2009 said:

Nah, you're not going to hit a rate that would flag you as a potential DDOS participant from your laptop or phone.

It's usually just the Mrs and I getting tickets for ourselves so we set up a few laptops and tablets and just hit refresh as much as we can. I usually set at least one laptop up to auto refresh as well and play a sound when the content on the page changes, just for an extra chance.

We've got tickets every time we've tried since 2015. Weirdly, it's always been on the iPad and not the laptops / phones. Every single time. Just coincidence I think, not some magic recipe for success. We do have very fast internet (symmetric gigabit) and a very good network running on mostly enterprise kit because I'm a nerd.

We got our 2020/22 tickets on a first gen iPad 🙂 we almost didn't bother using it as well!

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Especially if you live localish.

My view on this is somewhat distorted by having grown up locally / living about 40 mins away but I don't see any sort of circumstance whereby if I want to go I won't be able to get in somehow regardless of getting a ticket in the general sale or not.