I’ve had a few pints and I have something to say..

Mark H

It’s my last night in the UK before a 30 hour trip home. I’m a few pints down and I feel the need to declare that The festival was utterly brilliant.

There has been way too much moaning on here. Yes, it was busy and some things weren’t as smooth as they should have been (international ticket collection, looking at you). But it’s still the greatest party in the world and I feel very privileged to have been here.

I’m sure that the organisers would have faced a million problems in staging the festival at this time that we will never known about. But it was brilliant!

Yet the views on here have seemed generally negative. I hope when the post Glasto blues lifts you all reflect as positively about the experience as I am.

I’m not drunk, you’re drunk.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 21

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It was certainly one of the best - if not the very best of all. I was loving every minute of it.

Vintage year for me also. Must be chance that none of the problems here affected me bar not being able to dash over to IDLES after TLC. 

One for the ages, acts and crowds that never disappointed and time well deserved and spent with friends on the farm.

A third of the posts on here are being written by people experiencing their worst comedown/hangover since pre-pandemic. 

A third of the posts on here are being written by people who weren't at the festival and are typing with utter jealousy in mind.

The last third are being written by people who actually went and are still enough on this planet too not over-egg all the bad stuff from the weekend and forget the 90% good.

It's no wonder it's a bit negative round here. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Great post, and I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment around many of the posts and threads on here, which just don’t give a true, balanced or fair reflection of the festival I’ve just been to. 

Probably something in the old adage about people who've had a negative experience being more voluble and telling more people than those with no complaints at all.

• Like 1

It was great and I had no issues with crowds or queues all weekend. 

I got to see pretty much most things I wanted to and had a massive sesh.   13th time and loved it as usual. 

Monumental feat to put on a festival of that size amount of punters workers and volunteers and lucky to have got a ticket.

Edited by brendan84

100% with you! There seems to have been so much discussing on what wasn't good, and so little celebrating what was and always is a magical 5 days! 

It wasn't perfect (though the weather got close!) but it was exactly what was needed. I cried as I set foot through the gates and I was crying at the end as the lotus went up in flames. Its not a music festival - it's a festival of life and being alive!! 

Can't wait for next year, to bring some new friends to the fest for their first time, to explore more of the hidden corners, to push myself to the limits of endurance in a cathartic dance once again, to celebrate everything we have and everything we've lost!

2 hours ago, Mark H said:

It’s my last night in the UK before a 30 hour trip home. I’m a few pints down and I feel the need to declare that The festival was utterly brilliant.

There has been way too much moaning on here. Yes, it was busy and some things weren’t as smooth as they should have been (international ticket collection, looking at you). But it’s still the greatest party in the world and I feel very privileged to have been here.

I’m sure that the organisers would have faced a million problems in staging the festival at this time that we will never known about. But it was brilliant!

Yet the views on here have seemed generally negative. I hope when the post Glasto blues lifts you all reflect as positively about the experience as I am.

Well said and safe journey home. 👏 

3 hours ago, Mark H said:

Amen Brother! Awesome festival. We live in the age of whiners. Safe travels. X

Perhaps this will cheer them up…

Edited by PassingCloud

For the record 2022 will take some beating for me. Had an amazing time all round and I don't care to try and find things to moan about. Life is too short.

The only thing I need to remember next time is to check just how hot the Sweet and Sour Chicken is that I will inevitably consume in the early hours of the morning. My mouth still hasn't recovered and the only relief was to drink even more beer (shame).

Safe travels.

At the end of the day, it is indeed the greatest party in the world, and for me being there is enough on its own without a note of music being played - but I figure the discussion of which bits didn't work or aren't the same now, which sets were disappointing etc doesn't mean those people aren't recognising that? 

I'm more of an occasional forum lurker than a regular poster but I get the impression the people posting about negatives are still doing it from a position of a lot of love for the festival.