Who are you hoping for in 2023?

LinvoyPrimus

Genuinely, first thing that comes to mind is Green Day… But only for the group who made our day on Thursday, and really hoped Green Day would be at the festival… That one’s for you. 

As for me, it’s NEVER going to happen but can you imagine Rammstein headlining the pyramid? It would be absolutely mental! And I’m not even into metal / NDH.

Edited by Alvoram
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Genuinely, first thing that comes to mind is Green Day… But only for the group who made our day on Thursday, and really hoped Green Day would be at the festival… That one’s for you. 

As for me, it’s NEVER going to happen but can you imagine Rammstein headlining the pyramid? It would be absolutely mental! And I’m not even into metal / NDH.

Green Day or MCR would surely be a good booking to get some interest back from the very large portion of ex/current-Glasto goers who think it's gone too poppy. 

A run of Green Day / My Chemical Romance / Fall Out Boy / Sum 41 / Paramore / Blink 182 / A Day to Remember type bands would be great - all American sadly but that's just the way sometimes. 

Taylor Swift, Arctic Monkeys, Harry Styles, Kasabian, The Mysterines, Christine and the Queens, Damon Albarn (in any form), The Vaccines, Miley Cyrus, Jesse Jo Stark, Dua Lipa, Baby Dave

Some might be a bit ambitious there but it's a wishlist so let me wish!

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Bjork

Andre 3000

Fleetwood Mac

RTJ (following RTJ5)

Taylor Swift

Sigur Ros 

The Roots

Dua Lipa

Elton John

ABBA (legends)

Abdominal / DJ Format

Nitin Sawhney 

Silk Sonic

Make it an outkast reunion and play mostly Stankonia and I'll go f***ing mental... That Album was one of my all time favourites growing up!

Bombs over Baghdaddddd!

• Nine Inch Nails
  • Pearl Jam
  • Depeche Mode
  • Elton
  • Pat Metheny
  • Porcupine Tree
  • Chvrches
  • War on Drugs
  • Tears for Fears
  • Nick Masons Saucerful of Secrets
  • Aerosmith
  • Duran

all seem at least plausible.

would like some metal so Mastodon or Opeth

Would like some US jam scene - latest iteration of Grateful Dead or Phish seem unlikely, but I’d be happy with Goose.

I’d like Extreme, but honestly cannot see it happening.

Just now, K2SO said:

Taylor Swift, Arctic Monkeys, Harry Styles, Kasabian, The Mysterines, Christine and the Queens, Damon Albarn (in any form), The Vaccines, Miley Cyrus, Jesse Jo Stark, Dua Lipa, Baby Dave

Some might be a bit ambitious there but it's a wishlist so let me wish!

You really think the people who went to see The Black Crowes in 1993, Primal Scream in 1998, David Bowie in 2000 or Gorillaz in 2010 are going to be lapping up a Taylor Swift / Harry Styles / Arctic Monkeys billing. 

1 minute ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Unironically want Harry Styles to headline as I genuinely believe he'll pull the biggest crowd in Glasto history.  It will be absolute carnage on the ground and I cannae wait to see it.

No, he wouldn’t. Too many people see him as an X factor boy band drone. Never going to rival Adele or Sheeran in terms of popularity.

personally have no objection to him, but I’d be elsewhere.

Just now, willgooneday said:

You really think the people who went to see The Black Crowes in 1993, Primal Scream in 1998, David Bowie in 2000 or Gorillaz in 2010 are going to be lapping up a Taylor Swift / Harry Styles / Arctic Monkeys billing. 

Nope, but this year they had Billie Eilish and Kendrick Lamar on the lineup. I'm sure they can cope woth Harry and Taylor.

Besides, it's my wishlist and I can wish for whatever the hell I wanna wish for 🤷🏻‍♂️

25 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

What day would she be on?

seriously though, no. Far too many novelty acts this year tbh.

She isn't a novelty act, she releases generally good hyperpop nowadays. Not most people's thing but she's been nominated for decent indie music awards.

Edited by serendipitous