Who are you hoping for in 2023?

LinvoyPrimus

Jimmy Somerville (somewhere, anywhere = big appreciative crowd)

DJ Shadow

Jethro Tull

Cat Stevens 

Royksopp/Robyn

Tony Blackburn (DJ set - because he would play the Cowsills The Rain, Park and Other Things. Perfect!)

And have a new afterhours space like Lost Vagueness which isn't a promoted oneway system heaving attraction

I am starting to loose track of who I would like.

One definitely out of the mix because their last European tour has touched down just this week is Midnight Oil, though I would be curious to know where the hell they would land. Massive in Australia, naturally, as an arena-turned-outdoor gigs band - remember them playing two shows on The Domain in Sydney, to a combined number just shy of six figures - but you can still get tickets for their only UK show at the Roundhouse next Saturday when I last checked.

The Dead Heart
Blue Sky Mine
Rising Seas
Put Down That Weapon
Truganini
Power and the Passion
Only the Strong
Read About It
Dreamworld
King of the Mountain
Beds Are Burning
Forgotten Years

Probably low - maybe even sixth - on the Pyramid on Saturday. That slot might be best given to somebody with fresher blood, but would struggle to see where else they might go.

On 6/29/2022 at 8:26 PM, K2SO said:

Taylor Swift, Arctic Monkeys, Harry Styles, Kasabian, The Mysterines, Christine and the Queens, Damon Albarn (in any form), The Vaccines, Miley Cyrus, Jesse Jo Stark, Dua Lipa, Baby Dave

Some might be a bit ambitious there but it's a wishlist so let me wish!

The only one I didn't know - The Mysterines, pretty awesome!

Jamie XX, Arcade Fire, Ezra Furman, Phoenix, Wet Leg (bigger stage), YYYs, Fred Again..., TEED, Daphni, George Fitzgerald, Tourist, Jon Hopkins (live), Honey Dijon. 

Missed loads of E&D this year due to shifts/not paying enough attention to the lineups so happy for lots of the core to come back... Overmono, Haai, Four Tet, Batu etc etc. 

Be a while before we see US artists dates for a lot of 2023 but Buddy Guy is "out" of America. In Australia in April. Hopefully Europe to follow. 

https://www.buddyguy.net/

3 hours ago, moogster said:

Fiona Apple. Just the one. Once.

Cannot think of anyone better. 

Just insane talent. She did say she wanted to tour the album after covid. 

Edited by The Nal

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Cannot think of anyone better. 

Just insane talent. She did say she wanted to tour the album after covid. 

If Fiona Apple plays, I'll be the one camping in front of the stage as soon as security allows and start crying like a baby when she hits the stage.

1 hour ago, moogster said:

If Fiona Apple plays, I'll be the one camping in front of the stage as soon as security allows and start crying like a baby when she hits the stage.

Did you see her announcement about why she can’t tour at the moment. It’s a real tearjerker https://ew.com/article/2012/11/20/fiona-apple-cancels-tour-dog/

Edited by gigpusher
Added link

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

A curveball booking that, by default, would probably have to be somewhere on the John Peel stage...

Coheed and Cambria.

I’m sure they played the Other in about 2015? Very leftfield booking! 

5 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

2010, apparently! Blimey.

Shitbags, I was there that year, I thought it was a year I wasn’t there! I have no excuse for not going then 🤣 I’ll have to have a look at the lineup and see what I was doing . .