Glastonbury "hacks" 2022

Cheesey

1 hour ago, dulcificum said:

If you're worried about "bacteria" on your arse cheeks you need a basic lesson in microbiology.

Agreed. People are weird (and massively illogical).

Yes, just use a tissue to dry off the seat and sit down. Was really responding to the idea you need to use anti-bacterial wet wipes that then go in a separate bin. 

4 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Seems to be done to try and occupy more space in my experience rather than any practical benefit.

We had people in our campsite tying them between different tents to try and stop people walking through ‘their’ camp.

On 7/1/2022 at 6:39 PM, dingbat2 said:

The good old Glasto water carrier (the steel ones) for peeing into during the night (dont worry I have one for drinking and one for peeing!) They have a wide 'girth' so ideal for peeing into during the night, dont hold a great deal so you have to cut yourself short a bit (so to speak) but means you dont have to stumble out of you tent looking for a toilet at 4 in the morning. Then take it to the nearest bog in the morning and pour it away

... makes a great hand warmer if your cold during the night as well!

I am surprised noone has developed a pee bottle for people in their tents. Just needs to be the same as the Glasto water bottle, just bigger, I am sure it reduce the number of people peeing on the land

Get that bottle on Ebay ASAP

37 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Those guy rope w*nkers can go in the bin with the flag w*nkers and the chat-through-gig w*nkers. 

Honestly, if I’d had a knife or some scissors on me, they would have been taken down on my way back from a late-night pee!

Guy ropes should be used to a minimum and only as required. The design of my tent means I have to use them to stop it collapsing on itself, but I keep them as short as they'll go.

Running them between tents is grade a twat behaviour.

On 7/1/2022 at 7:30 PM, clarkete said:

Capacity two wees from middle aged man https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07MFQZC45

We used this one... 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aidapt-Unisex-Portable-Urinal-Eligible/dp/B015FOPNXO/ref=sr_1_6?crid=G5NC04VK8X31&keywords=she+wee+bottle&qid=1656977839&s=drugstore&sprefix=shee+wee+bottle%2Cdrugstore%2C116&sr=1-6

Held a she and a he wee if needed... But I didn't need it as I was up before the queues formed. Cara on the other hand, had to use it most mornings, getting up at 10, she wouldn't have been able to hold it for the queues that formed around then on Sticklinch. 

28 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

We used this one... 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aidapt-Unisex-Portable-Urinal-Eligible/dp/B015FOPNXO/ref=sr_1_6?crid=G5NC04VK8X31&keywords=she+wee+bottle&qid=1656977839&s=drugstore&sprefix=shee+wee+bottle%2Cdrugstore%2C116&sr=1-6

Held a she and a he wee if needed... But I didn't need it as I was up before the queues formed. Cara on the other hand, had to use it most mornings, getting up at 10, she wouldn't have been able to hold it for the queues that formed around then on Sticklinch. 

Ah, cheaper and it has a nice flat base, both good features. 

I'm in my 50s so if I've had some fluids I wake up thinking "do I need a wee? " and if yes no way I'm doing a 5 minute walk in the cool night air. 

This simple purchase filled the gap for the most important feature I missed from staying in a van and indeed it was nice not having to empty a van cassette and fill the water roll, even if you only do it once it twice.