Glastonbury "hacks" 2022

Cheesey

51 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

The good old Glasto water carrier (the steel ones) for peeing into during the night (dont worry I have one for drinking and one for peeing!) They have a wide 'girth' so ideal for peeing into during the night, dont hold a great deal so you have to cut yourself short a bit (so to speak) but means you dont have to stumble out of you tent looking for a toilet at 4 in the morning. Then take it to the nearest bog in the morning and pour it away

... makes a great hand warmer if your cold during the night as well!

I am surprised noone has developed a pee bottle for people in their tents. Just needs to be the same as the Glasto water bottle, just bigger, I am sure it reduce the number of people peeing on the land

Capacity two wees from middle aged man https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07MFQZC45

Edited by clarkete

5 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

The good old Glasto water carrier (the steel ones) for peeing into during the night (dont worry I have one for drinking and one for peeing!) They have a wide 'girth' so ideal for peeing into during the night, dont hold a great deal so you have to cut yourself short a bit (so to speak) but means you dont have to stumble out of you tent looking for a toilet at 4 in the morning. Then take it to the nearest bog in the morning and pour it away

... makes a great hand warmer if your cold during the night as well!

I am surprised noone has developed a pee bottle for people in their tents. Just needs to be the same as the Glasto water bottle, just bigger, I am sure it reduce the number of people peeing on the land

Peebol is the way to go. Bags that when you pee in to them turns the pee in to gel. Can't spit it, nice and hygienic, and each one holds about a litre. You just thrown them away when they're done. Better than a bottle because the opening is large enough that they can be used by men or women.

4 minutes ago, essjay2009 said:

Peebol is the way to go. Bags that when you pee in to them turns the pee in to gel. Can't spit it, nice and hygienic, and each one holds about a litre. You just thrown them away when they're done. Better than a bottle because the opening is large enough that they can be used by men or women.

Not very green though, throwing away plastic bags of solidified piss. 

A reusable Lenore or other plastic bottle will do you many, many camping trips if you wash it out well afterwards. I use a she wee with it so no issues with the opening or a mess. 

5 minutes ago, essjay2009 said:

Aren't they an environmental disaster?

2 hours ago, Sky_Fly said:

Not very green though, throwing away plastic bags of solidified piss.

Not only not very green, but extremely unpleasant for the volunteers in the on-site recycling centre who have to deal with them.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 3:33 PM, Radiochicken said:

What is the hacks for the piss and shit covered seat on the long drops? Every time I needed number 2 I went for the safety of the compost toilets.

Way of the road

if you must have clener LDs

- pick drugs your're adrema;inewith

- enjoy re food e-peicalluy;

9 hours ago, clarkete said:

I don't use lenor and I never like the idea of pouring it away, plus whilst being more expensive it does come with a mimsy attachment 

Other fabric conditioners are available 😄

Just don't do what my mate did. He had a 5l water bottle he was using, but lost the lid. For 3 days that thing was like having an unexploded bomb in the camp.

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Just don't do what my mate did. He had a 5l water bottle he was using, but lost the lid. For 3 days that thing was like having an unexploded bomb in the camp.

Reminded a bit of this scene from Still Game

6 hours ago, Quark said:

Hmmm delicious. 

Mine did the job, given that there was no way I'd make the ten minute walk to the loo.  Shining the phone light to keep an eye on the level with the second wee though 🫣

On 6/30/2022 at 4:32 PM, scarletmist said:

Most useful bit of new camping kit I've bought is a sponge.

I take a plastic lunchbox, flannel and a bar of soap.  Pour some water into the box, use it as a little sink for a proper strip wash in the tent.  On a baking hot afternoon there is little more refreshing than popping back to the tent, having a decent wash and change into clean evening clothes for the cooler times ahead.

21 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

The good old Glasto water carrier (the steel ones) for peeing into during the night (dont worry I have one for drinking and one for peeing!) 

In a world where people put savlon on their toothbrushes in their morning befuddlement what could possibly go wrong?! 😅

54 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I take a plastic lunchbox, flannel and a bar of soap.  Pour some water into the box, use it as a little sink for a proper strip wash in the tent.  On a baking hot afternoon there is little more refreshing than popping back to the tent, having a decent wash and change into clean evening clothes for the cooler times ahead.

That's what I was doing, collapsible bowl instead though. Soap and a flannel leaves you feeling actually clean. The dry shower gel does a job, but a good scrub was better.

On 7/1/2022 at 4:36 PM, Levitz said:

If worried about bacteria just put some hand gel on a tissue and wipe it. Job done. No need for rings of bog roll, wet wipes, hovering or squatting over the seat. 

People are so weird. 

If you're worried about "bacteria" on your arse cheeks you need a basic lesson in microbiology.

Agreed. People are weird (and massively illogical).

Edited by dulcificum
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:06 PM, clarkete said:

I don't use lenor and I never like the idea of pouring it away, plus whilst being more expensive it does come with a mimsy attachment 

We don’t use conditioner either. I donated the contents to a neighbour that does. I have no need for a Mimsy attachment so it did me. 

On 7/1/2022 at 11:59 PM, essjay2009 said:

Lenor bottle is better, imo, as others have suggested (decant it into empty bottles though, don’t put it away). Those packs are a good idea but it’s just yet more landfill we don’t need. 

Not sure it’s a hack, but possibly a lesson. Learn that guy lines are adjustable and don’t have to be set out at full extension! 😂 Also, a peg knocked in only 1.5” ain’t doing shit! 

The amount of bad tent set ups was giving me some small amount of stress. 

1 minute ago, PassingCloud said:

The amount of bad tent set ups was giving me some small amount of stress.

Hah hah one of my mates was winding me up ‘cos I couldn’t help commenting on badly pitched tents 😂 

“Oooh they’ll be regretting that if it rains…”

Plenty to comment on at Glastonbury!

• Upvote 1