Glastonbury "hacks" 2022

Cheesey

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

i didnt eat there but walked past it a few times, think it was called The Green Bus.

They went for the imaginative name then 😂

I'd definitely go back there, was nice to have a relatively normal world breakfast option.

6 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Is this real??

Absolutely love brew York and now I'm fuming I didn't get a can if those were available instead of the piss in the bars

We didn't find it, between us we must have asked at a dozen bars. We were just greeted by blank looks. Once I've recovered from COVID, I'll call them in at the tap room and ask. They also did this one in honour of the legend slot.

image.thumb.png.f99b8eda19917b65bf03ef3b12c246f3.png

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Its not wet. Im talking about a very light dab. Like droplet at each end. A tiny amount to help the bog roll stay in place.

I think the point is, why do you need to sit on bog roll, what's wrong with the plastic toilet seat? Do you do this with all public toilets or just glastonbury?

Edited by Levitz

22 minutes ago, Levitz said:

I think the point is, why do you need to sit on bog roll, what's wrong with the plastic toilet seat? Do you do this with all public toilets or just glastonbury?

Just Glastonbury. Im not "one of them" at all but theres some nasty business on those seats

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Just Glastonbury. Im not "one of them" at all but theres some nasty business on those seats

The seats themselves don't bother me much as long as they're wiped dry. Piss is fairly inert, and in any case I don't go around touching my bare buttocks afterwards so I'm not too bothered if any small traces of nastiness are on them.

The thing that disgusts me most is when you're sat on the composter toilets and your knob touches the inside of the large black tube that extends down from the hole. Sends shivers down my spine. I now make a point of wiping that part of the toilet as well.

Also, I was in a toilet in Wicket Ground this year, mid-shit, when a baby came crawling underneath the divider from next door and looked up at me before it was pulled back by its mother. Who lets their baby crawl around on the floor of any public toilet, let alone a Glastonbury toilet!

There were definitely some horror show toilets early in the morning... Went in to one and someone had shit all over the wooden bit to the right of the seat and just left it.

I thought in general though the toilets were grand. If you have ever used toilets in central Asia the long drops are like a luxury!

36 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

The seats themselves don't bother me much as long as they're wiped dry. Piss is fairly inert, and in any case I don't go around touching my bare buttocks afterwards so I'm not too bothered if any small traces of nastiness are on them.

The thing that disgusts me most is when you're sat on the composter toilets and your knob touches the inside of the large black tube that extends down from the hole. Sends shivers down my spine. I now make a point of wiping that part of the toilet as well.

Also, I was in a toilet in Wicket Ground this year, mid-shit, when a baby came crawling underneath the divider from next door and looked up at me before it was pulled back by its mother. Who lets their baby crawl around on the floor of any public toilet, let alone a Glastonbury toilet!

Urgh FFS. 

Yeah with you all the way on the knob business. Trick is to do a whizz first and then rest Captain Winky on the bog roll on the seat you've just laid down while you do a poop show.

27 minutes ago, dulcificum said:

How is this "nasty business" any better through a ply of bog roll?! Just clean it up properly and sit on it normally, what exactly is the issue?

The bog roll is clean, the seat isn't

Antibacterial wipe around the seat to make extra sure and away you go. Obviously disposed of afterwards in a bin, not chucked down the hole.

I too am not sure of the benefits of a loo paper ring… Sounds like a lot of faff to me. 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Antibacterial wipe around the seat to make extra sure and away you go. Obviously disposed of afterwards in a bin, not chucked down the hole.

I too am not sure of the benefits of a loo paper ring… Sounds like a lot of faff to me. 🤷‍♂️

If worried about bacteria just put some hand gel on a tissue and wipe it. Job done. No need for rings of bog roll, wet wipes, hovering or squatting over the seat. 

People are so weird. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

Yeah, just my experience is the opposite. If you mean the really thin ones I’d agree, but the one I have is about 5” thick and it’s a dream to sleep on. 

Agree mine is 10cm - self inflates in about 15 mins (zero blowing up) and is a dream to sleep on! We use it as a spare bed at home a lot (with the decathlon base)

7 hours ago, ravermum said:

I really missed the Shepees this year. Made such a difference in previous festivals. I don’t understand why they got rid of them

I agree! They were well used as well. Perhaps because of all the disposable cardboard but it’s not the worst thing to throw away. Squatting frankly involves more undressing/balancing. 

The good old Glasto water carrier (the steel ones) for peeing into during the night (dont worry I have one for drinking and one for peeing!) They have a wide 'girth' so ideal for peeing into during the night, dont hold a great deal so you have to cut yourself short a bit (so to speak) but means you dont have to stumble out of you tent looking for a toilet at 4 in the morning. Then take it to the nearest bog in the morning and pour it away

... makes a great hand warmer if your cold during the night as well!

I am surprised noone has developed a pee bottle for people in their tents. Just needs to be the same as the Glasto water bottle, just bigger, I am sure it reduce the number of people peeing on the land

Just now, dingbat2 said:

The good old Glasto water carrier (the steel ones) for peeing into during the night (dont worry I have one for drinking and one for peeing!) They have a wide 'girth' so ideal for peeing into during the night, dont hold a great deal so you have to cut yourself short a bit (so to speak) but means you dont have to stumble out of you tent looking for a toilet at 4 in the morning. Then take it to the nearest bog in the morning and pour it away

... makes a great hand warmer if your cold during the night as well!

I am surprised noone has developed a pee bottle for people in their tents. Just needs to be the same as the Glasto water bottle, just bigger, I am sure it reduce the number of people peeing on the land

Like a Lenor bottle you mean?

• Like 1