Glastonbury "hacks" 2022

Cheesey

Not so much a hack, but in the family campsite, there was a place serving all-day breakfast. When I say all-day, I'm talking 24 hours.

They had actual chairs and tables to sit at whilst you eat, and the food was decent. They served bacon, sausage, egg, hash browns and beans for £9 as well as some more afternoon/evening food such as burgers. Their milk was also only £1.50, compared to the £2 everywhere else.

The name of the actual place escapes me now, but I stopped in there on Saturday after a shower at Kidz Field on the way back up to my tent. It was possibly the best thing I'd eaten all week. Felt like having an actual meal.

22 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Not so much a hack, but in the family campsite, there was a place serving all-day breakfast. When I say all-day, I'm talking 24 hours.

They had actual chairs and tables to sit at whilst you eat, and the food was decent. They served bacon, sausage, egg, hash browns and beans for £9 as well as some more afternoon/evening food such as burgers. Their milk was also only £1.50, compared to the £2 everywhere else.

The name of the actual place escapes me now, but I stopped in there on Saturday after a shower at Kidz Field on the way back up to my tent. It was possibly the best thing I'd eaten all week. Felt like having an actual meal.

The white tent?

image.png.5252c8ca794a27a2d09ff5e3818956f3.png

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Aha no then you were in Cockmill. This was over near Gate A

It was a white tent, and I've gotta be honest I can't remember the colour schemes for the tent stages. That red and blue one, which I assume is John Peel, was possibly the Acoustic in my brain!

43 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Pretty sure this is the Divers Diner?

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

That's the one!! Great staff, decent food, reasonably priced.

I saw on its signage it’s run by a local sub-aqua club hence the name. 🙂 Guess it’s a good fundraiser!

Despite being in Cockmills myself I never managed to eat there - shame cos it did look good. 

Just now, jimmillen said:

I saw on its signage it’s run by a local sub-aqua club hence the name. 🙂 Guess it’s a good fundraiser!

Despite being in Cockmills myself I never managed to eat there - shame cos it did look good. 

Interesting, that's cool to know! Definitely give it a go next year! It's obviously not 5* food, but I'd argue it's probably the best breakfast food I've had at the festival since The Growler!

Can't remember what it was called, but there's a green open top double decker bus at the pyramid-side entrance to the woods that did decent breakfast as well. Got some seating upstairs, and did a decent breakfast. I had avo on toast with scrambled egg, mates had a full english.  Was good!

9 hours ago, dulcificum said:
On 6/29/2022 at 3:11 PM, The Nal said:

Wetting toilet paper a tad before putting it on the seat so it doesn't blow away. Just a blot. 

What on earth is the deranged logic behind doing that? If the seat is dirty then clean it and you can sit on it. Why would you want to sit on a precarious construction of toilet roll that you then need to pick up and bin afterwards?

I don't really understand this either. Especially sitting on wet bog roll.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dulcificum said:

Just sit down like normal and it's impossible to get piss or shit on the seat. If some twat has pissed on the seat choose a different one or clean it up and sit down like a civilised human.

If we can convince people that hovering is never acceptable we instantly cut out 99% of shit-covered seats. 

Agree with this so much. 

If people used the toilet the same as they would use a mates or family members toilet then they would stay clean. 

People are scared of using them. I didn’t notice any shockers this year though so on the whole it wasn’t a bad toilet experience. I’ve seen toilets at places like Leeds fest where it looks like you’ve followed an elephant into a portaloo. 

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Agree with this so much. 

If people used the toilet the same as they would use a mates or family members toilet then they would stay clean. 

People are scared of using them. I didn’t notice any shockers this year though so on the whole it wasn’t a bad toilet experience. I’ve seen toilets at places like Leeds fest where it looks like you’ve followed an elephant into a portaloo. 

The ones at Beautiful Days last year looked like someone had taken a shit into a propeller. Didn't see any nasty ones this year.

10 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I didn’t notice any shockers this year though so on the whole it wasn’t a bad toilet experience. I’ve seen toilets at places like Leeds fest where it looks like you’ve followed an elephant into a portaloo. 

The toilets are so much better than they used to be overall. The portaloos in hot weather back in the day were diabolical.

That said, one of the long drops at the Other Stage smelled incredibly bad at one point (on Saturday I think?) - an extremely intense ammonia smell. I think it just needed emptying.

The worst toilets I've ever seen were next to the main stage at Phoenix 96. Piles of shit literally coming out through the holes by about two feet.

Edited by Cheesey

Just now, Cheesey said:

The toilets are so much better than they used to be overall. The portaloos in hot weather back in the day were diabolical.

One thing I do miss is the peace of a nighttime campsite being occasionally shattered by the scream of someone opening a portaloo in the dark and shining a torch in there. Like they'd discovered a murder scene.

• Upvote 1

On 6/29/2022 at 4:02 PM, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Bring back the wateraid female urinals! The new squats in the stone circle had a longer queue than the composts 

I really missed the Shepees this year. Made such a difference in previous festivals. I don’t understand why they got rid of them

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Can't remember what it was called, but there's a green open top double decker bus at the pyramid-side entrance to the woods that did decent breakfast as well. Got some seating upstairs, and did a decent breakfast. I had avo on toast with scrambled egg, mates had a full english.  Was good!

i didnt eat there but walked past it a few times, think it was called The Green Bus.

3 minutes ago, ravermum said:

I really missed the Shepees this year. Made such a difference in previous festivals. I don’t understand why they got rid of them

A very disposable product aren't they, not very green.