**** Fleetwood Mac (Glastonbury 2023)****

mike99

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Famously haven't up till now.

Just like the Stones famously wouldn't - until they did.

But unlike the Stones, Fleetwood Mac are  the ones I've often seen mentioned in articles about fees such as this ... 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/how-much-glastonbury-headline-acts-7273207.amp

No Lindsey Buckingham no fleetwood Mac as far as I’m concerned. Saw them in 2015 at IOW and they were epic, a proportion of the songs lose their bite without Buckingham either dishing them out or being on the receiving end. 

• Upvote 1

I think the Stones did it to get themselves into the shop window for a younger audience.  In fact Jagger even said if you enjoyed yourself then come and see them again.  They might have made a loss on the night but they are no mugs and it has probably paid for itself several time over since.  Reading his book Springsteen and the E Street Band were seeing more empty seats at their concerts then they would like - more so in the US - so did several festivals to get some new fans in (although jetting over to play with Macca suggests he enjoyed it).

Not sure Fleetwood Mac need that, especially if they aren't planning to tour much more.

On 6/30/2022 at 9:58 AM, 504329lt said:

AC/DC would be superb

This isnt the place to have this discussion really, but ac/dc are really spectacularly specific about their sound and image rights - when they played download they had their own stage (not set-up, i mean actual stage) that no other band were allowed on, with their own PA etc etc - and they even negotiated so that Download couldnt use the ac/dc logo on the tshirts/hoodies etc. Kind of part pointless nonsense, and part creating spinal tap style hilarious demands . . . . i'd be hugely surprised to see them playing glastonbury. While it'd draw the kind of headlines they want, it would mean them sharing the limelight, and thats not really their thing. plus $$$

Edited by balti-pie

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

This isnt the place to have this discussion really, but ac/dc are really spectacularly specific about their sound and image rights - when they played download they had their own stage (not set-up, i mean actual stage) that no other band were allowed on, with their own PA etc etc - and they even negotiated so that Download couldnt use the ac/dc logo on the tshirts/hoodies etc. Kind of part pointless nonsense, and part creating spinal tap style hilarious demands . . . . i'd be hugely surprised to see them playing glastonbury. While it'd draw the kind of headlines they want, it would mean them sharing the limelight, and thats not really their thing. plus $$$

Yeah, that had crossed my mind too. Very vociferous about how they farm their brand out.