**** Fleetwood Mac (Glastonbury 2023)****

mike99

7 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Bloody hell FM and Taylor my T-Day anxieties are now going through the roof!

I think what I need to do is prioritise getting a ticket for Taylor’s tour. I will swerve FM’s tour, but I need to basically double book Taylor next year to minimise any damage.

Hopefully she plays in the UK after Glastonbury.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think what I need to do is prioritise getting a ticket for Taylor’s tour. I will swerve FM’s tour, but I need to basically double book Taylor next year to minimise any damage.

I’m hoping she does Mad Cool and I’ll keep that in my back pocket in case we don’t get tickets. Big bonus there is that it’s a piece of piss to get to the front at Mad Cool. 

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I'll be all over the tour. However seeing Swifty at the farm would truly be special. If I miss out the tour will be the consolation prize.

Maybe it's just me but I kind of hope they never get to do it for being greedy so and so's. If they only see it as a pay day I don't think it would be as special anyway. Anyone who really wants to see them can go and see them tour but I'm not sure with their attitude to the festival that they'd be bringing any magic to the farm. 

13 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

I'll be all over the tour. However seeing Swifty at the farm would truly be special. If I miss out the tour will be the consolation prize.

Exactly. It won’t come close to seeing her on the farm but it will make it less painful.

• Like 1

FM would be amazing. I was lucky enough to see them at the O2 in 2013 and they were incredible.. although I was all the way up in the gods 😄 

Lindsay would be a huge miss though.. although Stevie is the must-have for me. 

AM / Fleetwood Mac and someone I don't care about so I can be elsewhere that night for '23 please! 

21 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Pretty sure in 2013, they gave the Rolling Stones more and negated that extra spending by asking someone shit to close the Sunday. Mumford and Sons would've done it for peanuts.

Maybe it’s just down to my personal taste but I do remember thinking the Pyramid lineup overall looked slightly weaker than what had come before/what we were expecting and I assumed that was down to the Stones eating up some of the budget. I’d always thought they got paid a flat million though, but I might’ve just made that figure up. 

Having seen FM with Lindsay I’d happily see this version of FM not headline, especially if it meant that we got Elton instead. That said if this version of FM played I’d be there and would undoubtedly be a massive crowd/booking. 

Any talk of Elton John not headlining is absolute nonsense. He’s the king of pop ffs. 

Just now, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Any talk of Elton John not headlining is absolute nonsense. He’s the king of pop ffs. 

Don’t think anyone seriously thinks Elton isn’t a headliner, but his tour makes it look like Glastonbury isn’t in contention again.

• Upvote 1

Saw FM in Dublin about 10 years ago and was very much expecting Stevie to be the star of the show. Had always disliked Buckingham and thought of him as a bit of a leech for whatever reason. Anyway he was undoubtedly the star of the show by some distance. Stevie was a bit meh.

1 minute ago, gherkin8r said:

Saw FM in Dublin about 10 years ago and was very much expecting Stevie to be the star of the show. Had always disliked Buckingham and thought of him as a bit of a leech for whatever reason. Anyway he was undoubtedly the star of the show by some distance. Stevie was a bit meh.

Opposite of my experience, albeit maybe influenced by Mrs CG who took an irrational dislike to LB early on and got the red mist anytime he was the focus rather than SN or CM.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He seems to have been the one who d@bbed down the inclusion of Peter Green era material from the setlist. I think they did some in the last tour with Neil and Mike.

In which case I'm on #teamfinn