**** Fleetwood Mac (Glastonbury 2023)****

mike99

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

You can argue about the songwriters sure but in terms of a live show? 

It's hard to be impartial as I am a massive Neil Finn fan but the band with Stevie and Christine and Neil Finn I found better than when it was Stevie and Lindsay (without Christine). You'll be very pleasantly surprised. 

It's all a big lie when Lindsay and Stevie are there because they fucking hate each other and you can feel it. 

Lindsey Buckingham can do things with a guitar that with respect, Finn & Campbell can’t. 
He’s a massive loss to the live show but I’d still go and see them if they headlined. 
I presume that the younger Fleetwood Mac fans who are in their late 20s and early 30s for example would mainly be there to see Stevie and sing along to the pop hits of Christine; Little Lies, Everywhere etc.

I do think that they’d draw a bigger crowd than McCartney because you’d have more youngsters going to see them who possibly weren’t interested by McCartney. 

I wouldn’t put it past them to get Buckingham back involved for one last hurrah. Especially after his own tour is due to finish before then.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, misterplow said:

Why are they so popular in here? Of course they’re massive but nowadays (and I’m talking about the last 20 years), FM aren’t the best live band around. 

Saw them twice and was massively disappointed both times.

Their back catalogue is just legendary. Some of the deep cuts are some of my favourite records.

17 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Fleetwood Mac without Buckingham isn’t the same. I’m sure people who haven’t seen them before will pretend to themselves that it is but he is undoubtedly the driving force behind their best songs and their live show. Probably means they’re a cheaper booking mine so maybe Mike is right.

Agreed.

15 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

It's hard to be impartial as I am a massive Neil Finn fan but the band with Stevie and Christine and Neil Finn I found better than when it was Stevie and Lindsay (without Christine). You'll be very pleasantly surprised. 

It's all a big lie when Lindsay and Stevie are there because they fucking hate each other and you can feel it. 

Maybe, but not as good when the three of them are together, which I've had! 

I don't think they'd have as big a crowd as Macca which by most accounts the biggest ever. They'd have a bloody big one though, just don't think the wave of excitement and buzz would be as big. It was all everyone was talking about. Even if people were going elsewhere, Macca was usually in the conversation with a tinge of regret (bar those saying he was shite, voice has gone, but you'll get similar comments for FM).

54 minutes ago, misterplow said:

Why are they so popular in here? Of course they’re massive but nowadays (and I’m talking about the last 20 years), FM aren’t the best live band around. 

Saw them twice and was massively disappointed both times.

Part of it is that they're the last massive act that hasn't played or died. Who else is there? Madonna?

Fleetwood Mac are obviously a bit all over the place as a band and usual doubts will be put forward, but let’s be real. They are an absolutely legendary booking for the festival if true. It just needs to happen at this point. I’m sure the festival is a bit exhausted at pursuing them, and will be quite happy to tick the box off.

If you think they won’t be up to it you can see someone else, but I think this will be a Macca situation where all the doubters about his voice were pretty quickly shut down. The Glastonbury crowd amplifies the performance on stage in special ways.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think the Rolling Stones were paid 2 million as a one off

if they wanted two, Michael would lay it on thick about the good causes who would get less.

Fleetwood Mac would be an amazing booking. I'm happy to see them without Lindsay (in fact the only time I have seen them he wasn't there) I'd rather see a group of people who all want to been stage together, I want to have fun and if the band are then that only increases.

Lindsay is a phenomenal guitarist and not having him play I'm So Afraid would be a huge loss, but one I can live with.

Bloody hell FM and Taylor my T-Day anxieties are now going through the roof!