**** Fleetwood Mac (Glastonbury 2023)****

mike99

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

is @mike99a reliable poster around these parts? 

I’ve always thought of him as an eFestivals meme. Been about forever on here, never remember having read any exclusive info from him but happy to be proven wrong. (I think my initial account on here was 2009 - so my memory may not be accurate on him.)

Would any Fleetwood Mac line-up be the An Evening with... selection then? Complete with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell?

Because as setlists go, it isn't too shabby. (Bring back Seven Wonders, ya cowards.)

The Chain
Little Lies
Dreams
Second Hand News
Say You Love Me
Black Magic Woman
Everywhere
Rhiannon
I Got You
World Turning
Gypsy
Oh Well
Don't Dream It's Over
Landslide
Hold Me
Man of the World
You Make Loving Fun
Gold Dust Woman
Go Your Own Way

Free Fallin'
Don't Stop

That would likely play... quite well.

1 minute ago, Cooter said:

Didn't they get told where to go a few years back when they asked for a ridiculous amount of money? Don't think they or their management quite understood.

I believe Michael implied they were badly represented by more than one party, and the asking fee spiralled out of control. They’ve alluded that Glasto is one of the only places they’d love to play but haven’t, so there’s genuine desire on both sides but the festival isn’t blinking so it’ll be down to whether the band are prepared to take the hit to get the tick. 

1 minute ago, Cooter said:

Didn't they get told where to go a few years back when they asked for a ridiculous amount of money? Don't think they or their management quite understood.

I could see the festival raising the fee for them much like they did the Stones as I really do think they’d want to get them before they inevitably call it a day in the next few years, but that amount probably still pales in comparison to what they’d usually receive so it really depends on if they want to do it (which at least some of them seem to) and if they’re willing to budge on being such greedy bastards. 

19 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Would any Fleetwood Mac line-up be the An Evening with... selection then? Complete with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell?

Because as setlists go, it isn't too shabby. (Bring back Seven Wonders, ya cowards.)

The Chain
Little Lies
Dreams
Second Hand News
Say You Love Me
Black Magic Woman
Everywhere
Rhiannon
I Got You
World Turning
Gypsy
Oh Well
Don't Dream It's Over
Landslide
Hold Me
Man of the World
You Make Loving Fun
Gold Dust Woman
Go Your Own Way

Free Fallin'
Don't Stop

That would likely play... quite well.

Not a single song from Tusk means Drop Me Out

The moment you decide to make an exception and pay someone more, others are starting to expect it as well. A very dangerous path to take and I'm sure bookers know that as well. 

Why should I come and do the gig if you're paying me less than you paid X? These agencies represent loads of acts and know very well what kind of amounts are going around..