Let Me Roll It

BlackZeppelin

I never start threads as I'm usually too shy.

I'm really struggling this morning, and I'm sure it's part of the post festival blues, but I'm interested in other people's experiences.

Paul McCartney did something to me on Saturday night, and I haven't been quite the same ever since.

When he played that Wings classic Let Me Roll it To You, (my heart is like a wheel , let me roll it baby), something opened up in me after all this COVID period, and today I just keep feeling emotional , about the state of the world, about my kids, my family, and about Sir Paul himself.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, thought it was easier to put in some words to you good folk on efest today than keep on pretending I have just got terrible case of hayfever and that's why my eyes are watering 

Anyone else got something like this happening?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I thought I’d be really emotional before Macca but actually I was just super hyped and buzzing when he actually came on. Although I did start properly crying at Golden Slumbers and never really stopped after that. Watching it back, Blackbird has got me the most so far (haven’t rewatched in full though). 

Occasionally I’d have this sudden realisation that I was watching ACTUAL PAUL MCCARTNEY FROM THE BEATLES and I couldn’t get my head round it. His music has been such a constant in my life  

I feel simultaneously so privileged to have seen him do that gig, and also sad that it’s probably the last time I’ll see him. I can’t let myself think about a time when he’s not around anymore. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, moho79 said:

I thought I’d be really emotional before Macca but actually I was just super hyped and buzzing when he actually came on. Although I did start properly crying at Golden Slumbers and never really stopped after that. Watching it back, Blackbird has got me the most so far (haven’t rewatched in full though). 

Occasionally I’d have this sudden realisation that I was watching ACTUAL PAUL MCCARTNEY FROM THE BEATLES and I couldn’t get my head round it. His music has been such a constant in my life  

I feel simultaneously so privileged to have seen him do that gig, and also sad that it’s probably the last time I’ll see him. I can’t let myself think about a time when he’s not around anymore. 

That last part is the one that has got me going.

Sort of end of an era vibe.

What do we do when Macca, David Attenborough and the Queen pass on?

It's a perfectly natural feeling. If you had as good a time as I had, you have been on an emotional high for 5 straight days with the relevant serotonin levels. Back in the real world and reverting to normal, there is going to be a comedown which will manifest itself as a low mood and emotional sensitivity. Couple this with physical exhaustion and that is the post-Glastonbury blues in a nutshell. It will pass soon enough.

Glad he played Let Me Roll It. A great jam. Used very well in the film Liquorice Pizza.

Bit of an odd one for me as it was Sunday night at around 1:30am where most of our gang were outside Williams Green singing along with the Power Ballads, all tired, drunk, feet/legs in agony but still beaming like crazy.  I had a real end of an era feeling and I'm fairly confident that this may be the last Glasto for a fair few of us - me included.  Made me tear up a bit.  I may go back, but it won't be the same without the whole gang even if I do.

1 hour ago, BlackZeppelin said:

That last part is the one that has got me going.

Sort of end of an era vibe.

What do we do when Macca, David Attenborough and the Queen pass on?

And of course Michael Eavis. Have posted in another thread about his appearance in Chris Diffords’ set - much of the emotion surrounding a very poignant performance was a similar sense that we are inevitably drawing towards an end of an era. We must savour these precious moments.

• Upvote 1