Pet shop boys - missing bottom left graphic?

turricandan

I noticed this at the time - I think it might be based on where you were stood.  I think the front screen (or something on the front of the stage) was blocking part of the screen for a song or two, if you were looking at it from a certain angle.  After that, I think I noticed the top half of the rear screen was further forward than the bottom half, so that could have added to the confusion as well.

What a great set though! I had only a passing interest in PSB, but it turned out to be a perfect end to a terrific festival.

Yeah, the start threw me a bit. When it was just Neil and the empty console to his left, I did wonder what had happened and I suddenly worried that was gonna be the extent of the stage show - basically that and a backing track. It threw me so much I actually had to check Wikipedia that Chris was still touring with them. Was so happy when he came out (albeit briefly) and then the stage came up. Rest of it was magic 🙂

Yup, we were watching from a far right angle and there seemed to be a malfunctioning screen throughout. People closer and TV didn't seem to have that. Couldn't make out a lot from the big screens either, lots of complex images, again maybe the angle. Wasn't a patch on their 2010 set consequently, even if it was still a great sing and dance along. 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah. Who gives a fiddlers about a screen. It's all about the setlist and last week's knocks 2010's into a cocked hat.

I discovered they had albums and B-sides in 2010. Imagine hearing King's Cross for the first time ever at Glastonbury. 

Just now, timespeedsup said:

I discovered they had albums and B-sides in 2010. Imagine hearing King's Cross for the first time ever at Glastonbury. 

Yeah - I saw the show (albeit at Balado). But of the two, last Sunday was the prize-winner.

Definitely assisted, it must be said, in the evolution in audience garb and behaviour in the interim. Glastonbury is a good 1000% more glamorous and camp than it was 12 years back - and I for one love to see it.

• Upvote 1

On 6/29/2022 at 5:01 PM, foolsgold1981 said:

Yeah, the start threw me a bit. When it was just Neil and the empty console to his left, I did wonder what had happened and I suddenly worried that was gonna be the extent of the stage show - basically that and a backing track. It threw me so much I actually had to check Wikipedia that Chris was still touring with them. Was so happy when he came out (albeit briefly) and then the stage came up. Rest of it was magic 🙂

Took me ages to decide between them and Bicep. 2 songs in I’m thinking watching Neil do karaoke is the wrong choice but it’s too packed to change my mind. Thankfully it got a lot better, highlight of my weekend. 

On 6/29/2022 at 5:01 PM, foolsgold1981 said:

You could see Chris emerging through the screen early on in the set. I think it was all just a bit of fun.

Must admit when I seen no Chris I thought he must have Covid and they are ploughing on with Neil.

Then I could see him playing though the malfunctioning screen and thought it must be a big reveal.

Then I thought well this is weird and then he eventually appeared. 

Sad I never got to see him with an accompanying mask that Neil had on at the start which they use on their current tour promo stuff. 

Was there something wrong with the camera feeds during most of the set?  What was being shown on the side screens looked like it was mainly coming from the mixing desk cameras which were hamper by flags (and mr blobby) until the encore when we seemed to get better shots from the pit cameras etc.  

It kind of detracted from the experience a bit I thought. Not being able to see Neil clearly at all until the end.  Obviously was fine on the BBC feed all along. 

I really enjoyed it, but having seen them in Glasgow a few weeks ago there were oddities. Obviously the technical hitch with Chris was noticeable. I thought maybe he’d got Covid last minute and they decided to carry on anyway. It was actually really unbalancing not having him there.

Plus while the set list generally was great, there were huge misses-What Have I Done to Deserve This and Se A Vida E. They did them in Glasgow (Se A Vida E in a mash up with Single Bilingual) but had to restart WHIDTDT because of a technical hitch, I thought maybe that played a part. I read somewhere that Self Esteem was due to sing Dustys part so I wonder what happened.

Re.the 2010 comparisons. WHIDTDT was a big high in ‘10 with the Dusty projection onto the stage. That was definitely a better ‘show’ but while it had WHIDTDT and Se A Vida E it didn’t have the masterpiece that is Rent, or Can You Forgive Her/Domino Dancing/Opportunities/Love Comes Quickly. So I think 2021 just shades it, especially with the addition of Vocal, far more of a banger than anyone in their 60s should be capable of.

Edited by MEGABOWL
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pipine said:

Was there something wrong with the camera feeds during most of the set?  What was being shown on the side screens looked like it was mainly coming from the mixing desk cameras which were hamper by flags (and mr blobby) until the encore when we seemed to get better shots from the pit cameras etc.  

It kind of detracted from the experience a bit I thought. Not being able to see Neil clearly at all until the end.  Obviously was fine on the BBC feed all along. 

Exactly this. But it only seems to have afflicted some of us. Still great though. 

Agreed re Vocal Megabowl, but add in Burn too. They've had a good few bangers these last ten years. 

I'd last seen them in 2000 when they brought on Cerys for What have I done to deserve this, would have loved it if it were included (not like there is a dearth of potential ladies to guest) but that aside it was pop perfection from start to finish.  

I've seen some great gigs at the other stage over the years, some of which are amongst the best gigs I've ever attended but I can honestly say that it has never, ever sounded as amazing as last Sunday night.

I still loved the gig despite not being able to see Neil much.. the lights, lasers and sound were all amazing.  
Interesting that Self Esteem was rumoured to be doing Dustys part.. that would’ve been the cherry on the cake for me after Ollie already making an appearance.