BBC cutting songs from sets...

turricandan

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

hmm..  live you don't often pick up on the overall sound quality and issues...

Its always more evident from a recording what was really going on.  Too many variables live.

Yes but when you can hear somebody's vocals loud and clear on the day, but not on the recording... something is clearly wrong is it not? 

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Your mind can play tricks on you to be honest.  Youre in a totally different head space in the middle of the action at a festival. 

Yeah can't totally discount it.  Some truth in both our view points here probably.

Probably is, I'd generally agree with what you're saying tbh. But there are some sets where it actually seems that the lead mic is turned down / off on the recording mix, which definitely wasn't the case live.

17 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Fuck You missing from O-Rod too

They also blanked out any swearing in her set, so I assume it's because they want it to be "family friendly".

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In Spite Of All The Danger was missing from King Macca

What? Ok, I'm cancelling my TV licence.

15 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I'm gutted that Ziggy Marley's set isn't available to watch - that was one of my favourite bits of the festival. First set back in front of the Pyramid stage - I shed some happy tears! Not least when the sun broke through during Is This Love.

What a shame, it was a great opener, really happy vibe

Pretty sure that most of the cuts being mentioned would have been at the request of the artists (or more accurately, their management). There's always a few..

One that I noticed last year when they showed the PSB set from 2010 - there was a moment towards the end when Neil was thanking the crowd and said something along the lines of "you've made two old men very happy" - but the 2021 broadcast cut the word "old".

2 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

They rarely play the first acts on the main stages. Usually only start coverage from about the third band on (which seems pointless, given that all the performances are clearly filmed)

Remember this being an issue previously. Annoying. 

9 minutes ago, sedra said:

I have watched this yesterday on iPlayer so it is there somewhere! 

I know it was shown originally so maybe you found the old version somehow, missus watched the set yesterday and mentioned it to me, I watched it this morning and confirmed it was missing.

It's available on Youtube though, BBC stamps and all, so was definitely left in at some point.