Cheap Tickets / Seatfiller links Thread

gfa

Gaslight Anthem 241 for Wembley next week. I got one off Twickets for about the same price, tho feeling like it might go cheaper still...

Never understood it when they announced it, I love them to death but no new tunes out it felt like a final date on a succesful album tour rather than your first back. 

https://shop.axs.co.uk/ISXkCwAAAABL%2f%2bKRAAAAAAAh%2fv%2f%2f%2fwD%2f%2f%2f%2f%2fB3dlbWJsZXkA%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f8%3d

On 8/7/2022 at 11:47 PM, bloodborne said:

Reckon these Coldplay shows could be the next to pop up with something like what Gaga/Sheeran had. Especially with the rescheduled show in the mix.

I just sold 3 pitch tickets for Coldplay for 24th Glasgow, listed through TM. They sold immediately even though Ticketmaster were still selling pitch tickets. They’ve also emailed me offering to buy any I can’t use (3 of us are still going). I’m wondering if they buy them back as their clever algorithms know that there will be demand nearer and they will be able to sell on Viagogo (or whatever their in house secondary market is) at a premium. As my tickets are now “second hand” they are presumably not bound by the same rules as when they first sell them. Just a theory, but I was really surprised that they were listed and gone in 30 mins. I’d also put on twickets and had to quickly cancel those!

1 minute ago, Neville Street said:

I just sold 3 pitch tickets for Coldplay for 24th Glasgow, listed through TM. They sold immediately even though Ticketmaster were still selling pitch tickets. They’ve also emailed me offering to buy any I can’t use (3 of us are still going). I’m wondering if they buy them back as their clever algorithms know that there will be demand nearer and they will be able to sell on Viagogo (or whatever their in house secondary market is) at a premium. As my tickets are now “second hand” they are presumably not bound by the same rules as when they first sell them. Just a theory, but I was really surprised that they were listed and gone in 30 mins. I’d also put on twickets and had to quickly cancel those!

Yes there is something very weird and shady going on with Ticketmaster and these big gigs at the moment. I suspect with Gaga they were holding back tickets to sell at 'platinum' pricing, then had to shift them all at the last minute when they didn't sell enough of those to fill the stadium. 

9 hours ago, Riggins said:

Gaslight Anthem 241 for Wembley next week. I got one off Twickets for about the same price, tho feeling like it might go cheaper still...

Never understood it when they announced it, I love them to death but no new tunes out it felt like a final date on a succesful album tour rather than your first back. 

https://shop.axs.co.uk/ISXkCwAAAABL%2f%2bKRAAAAAAAh%2fv%2f%2f%2fwD%2f%2f%2f%2f%2fB3dlbWJsZXkA%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f8%3d

This would have had a chance of selling well as a one off date. Hanging fire on booking too. 

If it was Brixton it would have probably sold out but the next commonly used venues which increase in size are Ally Pally or Wembley in London which are double the size so it was always gonna struggle. As it’s a reunion it’s probably for the best it’s not sold out so fans don’t miss out on seeing them.

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Hard Rock Cafe mailing list have done two giveaways of 20 tickets the past week for the Tame Impala and National days I think, guessing more nearer the time!

Any idea how to join the mailing list? Not seeing anything on their website

On 8/13/2022 at 2:00 PM, efcfanwirral said:

I think I signed up for some random rewards thing for a free dessert when I ate there ages ago so might be down to that 

ah no worries, thought it might be something like that

Sorry if it's not directly related to this topic and maybe already covered somewhere else here, but which secondary market tickets websites considered the safest for UK tickets? Friends of mine want to fly and see Elton John in London and I only heard of Ticketswap but there are no tickets there.

Edited by e2p2

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

Sorry if it's not directly related to this topic and maybe already covered somewhere else here, but which secondary market tickets websites considered the safest for UK tickets? Friends of mine want to fly and see Elton John in London and I only heard of Ticketswap but there are no tickets there.

There’s another one called Twickets. Ticketmaster do resale tickets now also 

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

Twickets is as safe as it can be and is quite often the “official” resale place artist allow. People that sell can only sell for face value and fees.  

ticketmaster has a resale but will be marked up. 

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

For Elton John your either going to want to set up alerts on twickets etc as tickets will go in minutes after being listed to look into getting them off viagogo (resellers)

If you really want to go, you'll need to spend a good few hours (depending on your luck) on the twickets page for the particular event a few days out and refresh as the email alerts are usually 5 minutes or more delayed which means by the time you get the email alert the ticket will already be gone (one time I bought the tickets and had the e tickets in my possessiom before the email alert came through) 

2 hours ago, e2p2 said:

8 minutes ago, castlecaryquery said:

If you really want to go, you'll need to spend a good few hours (depending on your luck) on the twickets page for the particular event a few days out and refresh as the email alerts are usually 5 minutes or more delayed which means by the time you get the email alert the ticket will already be gone (one time I bought the tickets and had the e tickets in my possessiom before the email alert came through) 

I've heard the twitter alerts are a lot quicker so might be worth focusing efforts on those - you could probably setup something with the IFTTT app

12 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

Still waiting on these discount APE tickets, any news? Tickets on Twickets are going close to face value for the Charli XCX day so i'm thinking that maybe they're not struggling to sell this year?!?!

Been looking for Gorrilaz ones and that’s tomorrow…. Nothing going cheap