Cheap Tickets / Seatfiller links Thread

gfa

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

The days either sell out like the strokes or end up with £5 tickets, not much inbetween.

I wonder if them moving it to the end of August has impacted their ticket sales too? From memory The Strokes, Chemical Brothers and LCD were back when they did it in May.

More people on holiday in August and various other weekend festivals going on too with an overlapping audience

1 minute ago, Green Croc said:

I wonder if them moving it to the end of August has impacted their ticket sales too? From memory The Strokes, Chemical Brothers and LCD were back when they did it in May.

More people on holiday in August and various other weekend festivals going on too with an overlapping audience

The august last year sold well 

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

The august last year sold well 

That was definitely a one-off though: they put everything on sale at peak vaccine optimism so people were fucking gagging for a summer festival vibes. It was a great business move as the headliners would never sell a festival out normally (Foals, Jorja Smith, Jamie XX), but they timed it perfectly in terms of people actually having a surplus of cash to spend on something in the summer.

They definitely should have kept it to May/June and shared acts with all the EU festivals around then rather than keeping it in August which is just too busy now, and too expensive for outsiders.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

That was definitely a one-off though: they put everything on sale at peak vaccine optimism so people were fucking gagging for a summer festival vibes. It was a great business move as the headliners would never sell a festival out normally (Foals, Jorja Smith, Jamie XX), but they timed it perfectly in terms of people actually having a surplus of cash to spend on something in the summer.

They definitely should have kept it to May/June and shared acts with all the EU festivals around then rather than keeping it in August which is just too busy now, and too expensive for outsiders.

I'm sure it originally was in August though? Or am I making that up?

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm sure it originally was in August though? Or am I making that up?

Yeah it's always been May/June – they shared acts that hop over for Best Kept Secret, We Love Green, Primavera.

They shifted later to August last year because it seemed like a "safe bet" in terms of covid allowing it to happen (which it did, in fairness), but they should have kept that as a one off given there's not really any competition late spring/early summer in the UK.

10 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Went VIP one year and all it gave me was access to some dead area with a bar and a couple of food stalls. It was behind the stage so you couldn't even watch the acts from there. Still if it's free who can complain

9 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Went VIP one year and all it gave me was access to some dead area with a bar and a couple of food stalls. It was behind the stage so you couldn't even watch the acts from there. Still if it's free who can complain

Yeah I probably wouldn't even use the VIP area, it's really just for the free tickets and merchandise tbh.

1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

its got like 3000 entries anyway - no chance!

4 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

Anyone seen any cheap tickets for Richard Ashcroft at Crystal Palace?

there was 2-4-1s for it a week or two ago, not seen anything since sorry 🙂