Jump to content

2023 Stage Predictions


SomeoneListeningIn
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, jj200 said:

the chemical brothers doing a secret set on the Jon peel stage

 

That would be way too dangerous IMO. Would cause a potentially massive security issue. 

I can only imagine how bad Arcadia would've been had they turned up for their DJ set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Space Shanty said:

That would be way too dangerous IMO. Would cause a potentially massive security issue. 

I can only imagine how bad Arcadia would've been had they turned up for their DJ set.

If Killers can do it Chems certainly can. its not serious anyway, he had two door for other headline...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Knocked this up very quickly, based partially on a list of upcoming album releases (or rumoured ones)

Friday

PY: Dua Lipa/Lizzo/Paolo Nutini/Ozzy Osbourne/Simple Minds/Oh Wonder

O: Kasabian/Chvrches/Jungle/Maggie Rogers

WH: Young Fathers

JP: Suede

Pa: Rosalia

Saturday

PY: Elton John/Lewis Capaldi/Bryan Adams/Dermot Kennedy/Becky Hill

O: Courteeners/Gerry Cinnamon/Rina Sawayama/Mura Masa

WH: Jamie XX

JP: D-Block Europe

Pa: Death Cab For Cutie

Sunday

PY: Bruno Mars/Nick Cave/Anderson .Paak/Aerosmith/Michael Kiwanuka

O: The Chemical Brothers/Wet Leg/Editors/Carly Rae Jepsen

WH: Aitch

JP: Bring Me The Horizon/Mabel

Pa: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Well aware the Pyramid headliners are unlikely to be as poppy as that, but trying to square the circle of having at least one guitar band and at least one female act and at least one non-white act is harder than it sounds!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I think that is reasonable...

How many 'open air' stages is she performing on for her tour this year? Anybody have any idea? 

We've booked for Rock City, should be amazing since she classes that as her 'home city.' 

Which reminds me, I've heard her say that she grew up in a small village near Nottingham multiple times now, (including on the JP last week and at R1BW) yet the internet claims she's from Grantham... Grantham isn't a small village, it's a fairly large town, very confusing. Guessing somewhere near Bingham or Bottesford??? 

She did ok on the mainstage at live at leeds. Same mainstage as slam dunk. 

 

My ex moved to Sproxton but a lot of people would still call it Grantham. Would imagine where you listed would be the same deal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Knocked this up very quickly, based partially on a list of upcoming album releases (or rumoured ones)

Friday

PY: Dua Lipa/Lizzo/Paolo Nutini/Ozzy Osbourne/Simple Minds/Oh Wonder

O: Kasabian/Chvrches/Jungle/Maggie Rogers

WH: Young Fathers

JP: Suede

Pa: Rosalia

Saturday

PY: Elton John/Lewis Capaldi/Bryan Adams/Dermot Kennedy/Becky Hill

O: Courteeners/Gerry Cinnamon/Rina Sawayama/Mura Masa

WH: Jamie XX

JP: D-Block Europe

Pa: Death Cab For Cutie

Sunday

PY: Bruno Mars/Nick Cave/Anderson .Paak/Aerosmith/Michael Kiwanuka

O: The Chemical Brothers/Wet Leg/Editors/Carly Rae Jepsen

WH: Aitch

JP: Bring Me The Horizon/Mabel

Pa: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Well aware the Pyramid headliners are unlikely to be as poppy as that, but trying to square the circle of having at least one guitar band and at least one female act and at least one non-white act is harder than it sounds!! 

Oh Wonder on the Pyramid would be really weird. Rosalia ain’t playing The Park either, she’d get a bigger slot. Aitch is not the right kinda act for the WH.

Few other things I don’t really agree with but they’re the three glaringly obvious ones to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Oh Wonder on the Pyramid would be really weird. Rosalia ain’t playing The Park either, she’d get a bigger slot. Aitch is not the right kinda act for the WH.

Few other things I don’t really agree with but they’re the three glaringly obvious ones to me.

Fair enough 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Knocked this up very quickly, based partially on a list of upcoming album releases (or rumoured ones)

Friday

PY: Dua Lipa/Lizzo/Paolo Nutini/Ozzy Osbourne/Simple Minds/Oh Wonder

O: Kasabian/Chvrches/Jungle/Maggie Rogers

WH: Young Fathers

JP: Suede

Pa: Rosalia

Saturday

PY: Elton John/Lewis Capaldi/Bryan Adams/Dermot Kennedy/Becky Hill

O: Courteeners/Gerry Cinnamon/Rina Sawayama/Mura Masa

WH: Jamie XX

JP: D-Block Europe

Pa: Death Cab For Cutie

Sunday

PY: Bruno Mars/Nick Cave/Anderson .Paak/Aerosmith/Michael Kiwanuka

O: The Chemical Brothers/Wet Leg/Editors/Carly Rae Jepsen

WH: Aitch

JP: Bring Me The Horizon/Mabel

Pa: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Well aware the Pyramid headliners are unlikely to be as poppy as that, but trying to square the circle of having at least one guitar band and at least one female act and at least one non-white act is harder than it sounds!! 

I'd question Bruno (also anderson paak a bit high arguably along with Wet Leg) but otherwise ok.

Also funny how WH, JP and Park don't have a sub except for on Sunday where there will be a 100% crowd swap for Mabel and BMTH 😂 curious to the logic in including that haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gfa said:

I'd question Bruno (also anderson paak a bit high arguably along with Wet Leg) but otherwise ok.

Also funny how WH, JP and Park don't have a sub except for on Sunday where there will be a 100% crowd swap for Mabel and BMTH 😂 curious to the logic in including that haha

😂😂😂 yeah didn’t think that through did I. Although then again Mabel wouldn’t be a particularly suitable sub for either of the other JP headliners I put down either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

😂😂😂 yeah didn’t think that through did I. Although then again Mabel wouldn’t be a particularly suitable sub for either of the other JP headliners I put down either.

she's more mid other i think honestly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

 

Feel like you're both lowballing her a bit. Her debut was a huge success, think she's be high other or mid pyramid tbh.

More meant she'd be on a big stage rather than headlining a smaller one than anything. Can she even fill a headline set really for instance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, haven't heard cracking things about Mabel as a performer.

Would argue that is a factor sometimes with Glastonbury. Other places might book the name, but the farm might think twice if they know it's a little bit rockier underfoot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

 

Feel like you're both lowballing her a bit. Her debut was a huge success, think she's be high other or mid pyramid tbh.

She ain’t the type of act to get a big slot at a festival. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a slot for Simple Minds. Can't remember if I've said that or not elsewhere.

Other opener? Or lead in for the Legends slot?

Has one of the random early slots on the Pyramid written all over it if they play. No idea if they’ve appeared before but Don’t You Forget About Me on the Pyramid would be brilliant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Has one of the random early slots on the Pyramid written all over it if they play. No idea if they’ve appeared before but Don’t You Forget About Me on the Pyramid would be brilliant. 

Exactly. So many good songs there too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a slot for Simple Minds. Can't remember if I've said that or not elsewhere.

Other opener? Or lead in for the Legends slot?

I had forgotten about them

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2iidd86r27891.jpg

Friday - Pyramid: Elton/Paramore/Lil Nas X 

Other: Biffy/Robyn/Manics 

WH: Dionne Warwick 

JP: Yeah Yeah Yeahs 

Park: Wizkid

Saturday - Pyramid: Taylor/Kasabian/Missy Elliott 

Other: Prodigy/Slowthai/Wombats 

WH: Duran Duran

JP: DMA's

Park: Stromae

Sunday - Pyramid: AM/George Ezra/Mika/Spice Girls 

Other: Lizzo/RTJ/Two Door 

WH: Hans Zimmer 

JP: Frank Carter 

Park: Sigur Ros

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sorcha17 said:

2iidd86r27891.jpg

Friday - Pyramid: Elton/Paramore/Lil Nas X 

Other: Biffy/Robyn/Manics 

WH: Dionne Warwick 

JP: Yeah Yeah Yeahs 

Park: Wizkid

Saturday - Pyramid: Taylor/Kasabian/Missy Elliott 

Other: Prodigy/Slowthai/Wombats 

WH: Duran Duran

JP: DMA's

Park: Stromae

Sunday - Pyramid: AM/George Ezra/Mika/Spice Girls 

Other: Lizzo/RTJ/Two Door 

WH: Hans Zimmer 

JP: Frank Carter 

Park: Sigur Ros

Duran Duran would not play West Holts, but I've got to say I like your thinking, because I think they would go down an absolute treat atop West Holts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Saturday

PY: Elton John/Lewis Capaldi/Bryan Adams/Dermot Kennedy/Becky Hill

O: Courteeners/Gerry Cinnamon/Rina Sawayama/Mura Masa

WH: Jamie XX

JP: D-Block Europe

Pa: Death Cab For Cutie

 

I’m sorry this is the worst day at Glastonbury I’ve ever seen. That pyramid stage and other combo makes me want to throw up. Literally.

Who hurt you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...