2023 Stage Predictions

17 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Saturday

Pyramid: Dua Lipa - IDLES - Confidence Man

Other: 1975 - Emeli Sande - Aitch 

Threw this point out elsewhere but aside from The 1975 outselling Dua Lipa on tour, think that would prove to be a bigger clash than some assume. Imagine there is a lot of crossover in fans between the pair of 'em.

Plenty I'd enjoy on it though!

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Threw this point out elsewhere but aside from The 1975 outselling Dua Lipa on tour, think that would prove to be a bigger clash than some assume. Imagine there is a lot of crossover in fans between the pair of 'em.

Altho that's the thing with the Pyramid headliners these days, they're not always chosen now for their popularity/merit, but for other factors (for better or for worse - not that I want to get drawn into that discussion again) like genre/gender/race, or how they would be lapped up by a BBC focused audience.

Although I didn't think Dua and the 1975 would have such a big crossover, it could help spread people out a bit. Wouldn't be the first time (PSB vs Kenny), that an Other Stage headliner drew a bigger crowd than the Pyramid either!

4 hours ago, gfa said:

I'd be at AM anyway, but i saw bicep last year at brixton then this year and wish i saw PSB - was pretty similar to last time. good still but really not much changed. there's so many acts around and they don't even have a new album definitely coming out in time for glastonbury it seems.

I guess I kinda threw them in as I wasn't sure who else would take that slot. I suppose Prodigy could easily take that time and someone else could take the headline spot on JP.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Friday 

Pyramid: Taylor Swift // Royal Blood // Lil Nas X

Other Stage: The 1975 // Jorja Smith // The Wombats

Saturday

Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys // Lizzo // TBA (Rage Against The Machine)

Other Stage: The Prodigy // Anderson. Paak & The Free Nationals // Robyn

Sunday

Pyramid: Elton John // Lana Del Rey // The Specials // Spice Girls

Other Stage: Doja Cat // Courteeners // Rosalia

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The 1975 also had a much lower ticket price.  Would be interested to see what they charge next year 

I’m wondering whether Lil Nas X might be put on the other stage - they seem to try and fit one big American act on there 2nd/3rd down. Wonder if he might get that gig?

I’d say he could comfortably do pyramid, but there is a trend brewing.

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday 

Saturday

Sunday

I didn't think RATM were the type of band to do a 3rd down main stage TBA? bit rando

1 minute ago, gfa said:

I didn't think RATM were the type of band to do a 3rd down main stage TBA? bit rando

Doing European festivals in 2023 and no sign of them at download. Coming over during the Hell Fest / RW weeks which is very close to Glastonbury. Looks to be a very short tour as well, so where are they playing in the UK?

History with the festival and Michael is a fan.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Doing European festivals in 2023 and no sign of them at download. Coming over during the Hell Fest / RW weeks which is very close to Glastonbury. Looks to be a very short tour as well, so where are they playing in the UK?

History with the festival and Michael is a fan.

BST maybe? or perhaps Finsbury if they stick around that long

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday 

Saturday

Sunday

Anderson Paak has got West Holts written all over him. Can't see him on Other.

Can't really see Royal Blood being up so high, although could see them and Lil Nas X switching places.

Other than that, looks tidy.

12 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Anderson Paak has got West Holts written all over him. Can't see him on Other.

Can't really see Royal Blood being up so high, although could see them and Lil Nas X switching places.

Other than that, looks tidy.

Just trying to think of a straight up band that could sub. The market for rock is so poor that literally none of the names are strong subs.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just trying to think of a straight up band that could sub. The market for rock is so poor that literally none of the names are strong subs.

Unless you count Nirvana, there hasn't been a strong rock band since sometime in the 1970's.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty stumped too.

QOTSA, The Black Keys, Biffy Clyro? None of them feel like a fit either.

But then Lil Nas X goes well into Swift as well I think.

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yeah, I'm pretty stumped too.

QOTSA, The Black Keys, Biffy Clyro? None of them feel like a fit either.

But then Lil Nas X goes well into Swift as well I think.

Black Keys i think would be good

Just now, Matt42 said:

Black Keys absolutely not a sub anymore. Did you know they’ve released like three albums since they last played? Me neither.

Their album from like 2020 has some good picks. Maybe not the size for it anymore, i wasn't too sure next to QOTSA and Biffy but they would put on a good showing imo. can't be much smaller than vampire weekend surely !

23 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

What about putting someone there who did well in 2019, but aren't necessarily rock or a future headlienr? Tame Impala. I think they could headline in a slower year, or even if they had another decent couple of albums. Would work well going into Elton I think too.

Tame Impala need the dark really, would fall flat other wise. Probably will do Other a load more times though i reckon

33 minutes ago, gfa said:

Their album from like 2020 has some good picks. Maybe not the size for it anymore, i wasn't too sure next to QOTSA and Biffy but they would put on a good showing imo. can't be much smaller than vampire weekend surely !

Yeah but who the fuck listened to it? They don’t have anywhere near the following they used to have and have way less of a following than VW.

Edited by Matt42

27 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

What about putting someone there who did well in 2019, but aren't necessarily rock or a future headlienr? Tame Impala. I think they could headline in a slower year, or even if they had another decent couple of albums. Would work well going into Elton I think too.

To sub the Pyramid? They were on before Adele 6 years back.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Friday 

Saturday

Sunday

It would be an act of evil to have AM clashing with the Prodigy.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah but who the fuck listened to it? They don’t have anywhere near the following they used to have and have way less of a following than VW.

I thought some of the tracks were doing better than they are to be honest, Lo/Hi has 70 mil streams so not tiny but far from fantastic.

I reckon they might never come back to be honest, kind of act thats big in the US and wouldn't want to slide to smaller slots over here