Some love for Kae Tempest

BL1ND T1G3R

Yeah Truth Stage set was mega. Saw them do something similar there in the same slot in (I think) 2016 - mind-boggling stuff. Sadly skipped the Other set to get to Wet Leg nice and early but glad it was a good one.

Also bumped into them by Avalon on Friday night. I was somewhat worse for wear (had just fallen into a ditch full of stinging nettles!) and I was probably a bit unbearable gushing about how wonderful they are, ‘Book of Traps and Lessons is one of my favourite albums of all time’ etc etc, but they were (of course) absolutely lovely and then we went our separate ways.

The Other Stage set was a great follow on from The Libertines. What a double bill to start my festival. Excellent booking. Kae's set was one of my top three of the weekend. Incredibly powerful.

I love Kae Tempest. First saw them at a poetry night in Southend probably 13-14 years ago and been following them ever since. They have an absolutely phenomenal back catalogue of records and writing, and their ability to deliver the words live is incredible. Saw the Truth stage set this year, and on the Park and various other stages in previous years at Glasto. Peoples Faces does me in every time. 

• 1 month later...

Kae Tempest's set on West Holts was among the very best performances I ever seen, and I'm an old git who has seen a lot.

First saw Kae in a small backstage bar at Shambala.

Gutted to have missed the Truth Stage set (didn't know it was happening), no way I was going to make the Other Stage set, far too early in the day. No live music should be allowed before 2pm at the very earliest, completely uncivilised behaviour.

• 8 months later...

My signed copy of Divisible by Itself and One just arrived in the post. Read one poem and I'm in bits. Bloody brilliant

I was mesmerised by Kae Tempest last year. I was also right on the barrier at the other stage after Libertines. Chuffed they'll be back and will defo be at the West Holts collaboration. I'm sure they'll do another solo set somewhere as well across the weekend. They're usually a Glasto regular aren't they?

31 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

They're usually a Glasto regular aren't they?

Yup, they usually do a few appearances over the weekend. I'm pretty sure I've seen them in some form every year since 2011 so expect this year to be no different.

Mrs Shanks got me tickets for Kae's book launch in Manchester this tuesday, so looking forward to picking up a copy and getting it signed by them!

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

My signed copy of Divisible by Itself and One just arrived in the post. Read one poem and I'm in bits. Bloody brilliant

I was mesmerised by Kae Tempest last year. I was also right on the barrier at the other stage after Libertines. Chuffed they'll be back and will defo be at the West Holts collaboration. I'm sure they'll do another solo set somewhere as well across the weekend. They're usually a Glasto regular aren't they?

Their set last year on Other Stage was just magical, a real Glastonbury moment.

Can see them maybe doing a reading from the new book somewhere over the weekend.

Fingers crossed.

On 4/30/2023 at 5:15 PM, Neil said:

It'll be based on something but I forget what.

Just saw them do a reading from their new book and asked them about glastonbury after. They will be there on West holts with the speakers corner quartet. Unfortunately kae said that will the only the performance they will do

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Just saw them do a reading from their new book and asked them about glastonbury after. They will be there on West holts with the speakers corner quartet. Unfortunately kae said that will the only the performance they will do

Boo. Was hoping to see them for the first time

• Upvote 1