A big thank you

Alex DeLarge

Hi,

Some of you saw my post the other day where I took a bit of a mental health dip and I just wanted to say, thank you everyone who supported me, with your kind words and advice. A more specific thanks to @Rumblestripefor his caring post and advice and the absoloute hero @Tranquility of Solitudefor trying to find me on my shift. Your kindness meant the world to me. I felt a bit better later that day even though I couldn't find my friends for Macca, but Sunday we patched things up and just as Rumblestripe said - they weren't ignoring me, in fact they were also finding things tough and didn't know how to talk about it. 

Please use my bad time as a lesson - check with your friends if you think they're being funny with you, if you're not well/ exhausted it's easy to convince yourself someone hates you, but festivals can be a lot and you never know if they're feeling the same. Also use the efestivals threads to meet others flying solo- which I'll do if I find myself like this again!

I think the volunteering was a bit much for me, I'll try next year without volunteering. I hope you all had a wonderful festival and thanks again for all your help. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Hope you are feeling a bit better!  I think people forget that mental health problems don't go away for the festival, I know a few of our group struggled.  But pleased that you managed to patch things up with your mates and you come back next year! 

Wee bit gutted we didn’t meet up..... I was once (2017) in a very low place at the festival, and some of the people on here really helped me (special call out to @Lizzim and @dizzymoo). So you’re never alone. Be safe, be happy.... get a ticket 2023. If you don’t.... and you may not.... please consider volunteering again. I missed out this year, so volunteered for the first time. I know I was happier there than I would have been at home watching it on telly. 

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Wee bit gutted we didn’t meet up..... I was once (2017) in a very low place at the festival, and some of the people on here really helped me (special call out to @Lizzim and @dizzymoo). So you’re never alone. Be safe, be happy.... get a ticket 2023. If you don’t.... and you may not.... please consider volunteering again. I missed out this year, so volunteered for the first time. I know I was happier there than I would have been at home watching it on telly. 

Thanks so much mate, I'm sorry I missed you - it might have been when I was round doing vehicle work. If I get a ticket next year I will see you there next year remind me to buy you a pint.

9 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Thanks so much mate, I'm sorry I missed you - it might have been when I was round doing vehicle work. If I get a ticket next year I will see you there next year remind me to buy you a pint.

Will always accept a pint... it’s a date! (Ticket Gods permitting!)