Artist signings at West Holts

JackoLantern14

Hi all, 

2nd time attending with my lad, been lucky enough to be in the fields myself since 2013. He wanted to see Black Midi so we did just that, he really liked them, so we bought their vinyl and went over the the artist signing tent, got a few photos, happy lad, happy days! 
We both just watched it back, highlights on bbc and the guys in the photos are not the ones up on stage lol 

anyone else see this? Or am I going mad? We are both cracking up. Could there really be Black Midi imposters, guessing it’s their mates, anyone have an idea of these guys are? 
the real black midi whilst not my cup of tea were pretty decent to be fair 

58171810-D82A-4FA5-B2DE-D676E45921F9.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Yes I was there for this too!! I don’t know Black Midi and was watching on a recommendation. Decided to get something signed as a gift for a friend and while waiting for them to arrive, the West Holts guys from the signing stand came down the queue with a card machine selling CDs / vinyl ready for signing. They were telling people to remove the cellophane ready for them to be signed and they would collect it for disposal at the desk. As the ‘band’ arrived and I got nearer and nearer the desk I was getting increasingly sure that they weren’t in fact the band - they were wearing the same clothes for sure but definitely not them. But then people ahead of me didn’t seem to notice or care as they were getting signatures and posing for photos!! Thought I was going mad and checked with the person ahead of me in the queue who had the same worries…. should we get the fake signatures or bail out?? 
I took a step to the side just as 6 or 7 people from the queue started asking one of the West Holts team for their money back. Initially the guy refused on the basis that what the band did was nothing to do with them and anyway the cellophane had been removed so no refund was possible!! Clearly not the best arguments and he was eventually persuaded to check with a manager. 
The twist at this point was that the sax player - introduced on stage as Casanova - appeared at the side of the signing desk and got one of the ‘band’ to sign the bottom of his shoe!! Things are getting beyond surreal because I seem to be the only one to spot this and as he went to leave I managed to have a quick chat with him and get his autograph. So there I am with one autograph from ‘Casanova’ (who I’m not even sure is a full member of the band!) while at the same time the small group of guys were successfully getting their refunds AND quite a large queue we’re still filing past the signing table getting signatures and photos from the fake lot!! I’m still not sure if they had no idea or were instead all in on the joke. The whole situation was as chaotic as some of Black Midi’s set - which I really enjoyed by the way!!