Best Act of the Weekend

Acid_Haze

Phoebe for me.  Honestly though so many really top drawer choices to have to decide from this year.  I made good choices Friday, there was less for me the rest of the weekend but still 3-5 good gigs a day.  Wolf Alice were great, Lorde was WAY better than I expected and I managed to get quite close to the front for a change.

PSB won the battle of the headliners for me this year.  Billie's set was perfectly judged as far as the setlist went, looked and sounded great, Macca was great when playing the big numbers but the new album stuff and personal difficulties during the set meant it wasn't the best experience for me.

Best Atmosphere - Sugababes (Avalon was rammed!)

Slickest performance - Olivia Rodrigo (19yrs old but man she has got stage presence)

Best new find - Oh My God Its The Church!! (Unexpected great fun with a mission statement 'Don't be a dick!')

For me it’s so hard to choose this year. I was surprised by how much I loved seeing

Foals were amazing, and I bloody loved Jamie T. Also enjoyed pet shop boys and was surprised by how much I loved crowded house and the years and years set. 

Porij on bbc introducing was also bloody brilliant! You could see how much they loved it. 

Kacey Musgraves / Pet Shop Boys. Both lived up to my expectations, both got me right in the feels.

Single greatest moment though was probably the gleeful, joyous, pure exuberance of Olivia Rodrigo and Lilly Allen having the time of their lives belting out 'Fuck You'. And the absolute scenes amongst the crowd. Life-affirming stuff.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Glad they both hit the spot. Certainly there were exultant and exuberant scenes for them in our motley crew.

Your crew set me up perfectly for KM. The huddle lifted me right up. Massive props. Loved bumping into you around the site over the weekend. Thank you.