Worthy (re)view

moogster

Just now, Splatt said:

Did the female showers have individual cubicles? The mens did for first time this year and only reason I can think why queue was so long with people taking longer. Bring back open showers so people only stay for minimal time. 

Yes, can confirm they did this year.

3 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Remove mirrors in the toilets. They become changing rooms. 

The showers want some sort of rethink. If you were a man the queue was obscene. Ladies just walking up and in. No fucking way girls are quicker in the shower then fellas. 

This is really interesting. They were the same in Sticklinch.

When I stayed at WV the previous 3 years both queues were long but the men's moved far quicker than the women's. 

At Sticklinch the men's queue was usually much longer than the women's but they both seemed to have one shower truck. 

15 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Did the female showers have individual cubicles? The mens did for first time this year and only reason I can think why queue was so long with people taking longer. Bring back open showers so people only stay for minimal time. 

Men's were individual when I've stayed there. I'd rest my shower gel on the door lock! So not new for this year. 

9 minutes ago, briddj said:

Men's were individual when I've stayed there. I'd rest my shower gel on the door lock! So not new for this year. 

Interesting stayed at WV since it started and swear this was first time ever had a door on shower. 

Edited by Splatt

27 minutes ago, Splatt said:

So that’s my rationale out the window! No idea why the mens was so much longer then. How many female showers are there? Mens had two ‘trucks’ of cubicles. 

Two trucks also. One girl I chatted to had a theory - the women just went harder at it and were staying in bed later 😁 After years years of standing patiently in the women’s line while the men just strolled past, I can’t offer any other explanation!

I stayed at WV this year and in 2019 and definitely had individual showers both years.

I only queued more than 30 minutes once and was similar length queue for both

bottleneck in mens seemed to be the changing room capacity, not the showers themselves as many cubicles were free when changing room was full. So either women had more space or got changed faster after showering 

2 minutes ago, Longdrop Bum Grapes said:

I stayed at WV this year and in 2019 and definitely had individual showers both years.

I only queued more than 30 minutes once and was similar length queue for both

bottleneck in mens seemed to be the changing room capacity, not the showers themselves as many cubicles were free when changing room was full. So either women had more space or got changed faster after showering 

Wv had both in 2019. Personally I Chuck something on and get changed in the tent  

WV was again a good place to stay, sadly the viewing point disappeared. The new hill of death is not really better,

but ok. The bad thing about WV is, that it is soooo fucking cold at night above the field, cant stop freezing.

2 minutes ago, tullux said:

WV was again a good place to stay, sadly the viewing point disappeared. The new hill of death is not really better,

but ok. The bad thing about WV is, that it is soooo fucking cold at night above the field, cant stop freezing.

I’m not sure how I feel about the look of that new path. What is there now where the viewing point was previously? I don’t remember it being any colder than general camping. 

1 hour ago, briddj said:

This is really interesting. They were the same in Sticklinch.

When I stayed at WV the previous 3 years both queues were long but the men's moved far quicker than the women's. 

At Sticklinch the men's queue was usually much longer than the women's but they both seemed to have one shower truck. 

Out of interest what did you prefer and how did the walk from both compare? Wondering about trying next year for a posher way of camping

7 minutes ago, sisco said:

Out of interest what did you prefer and how did the walk from both compare? Wondering about trying next year for a posher way of camping

Sticklinch was more chilled and less of a battle to get in and out of with the hill.

Car park slightly closer, and a similar number of toilets, showers and food stalls for a camp that is smaller (mainly the tents other than scouts there but there were some of them).

We'll be booking there next year (hopefully).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, briddj said:

Sticklinch was more chilled and less of a battle to get in and out of with the hill.

Car park slightly closer, and a similar number of toilets, showers and food stalls for a camp that is smaller (mainly the tents other than scouts there but there were some of them).

We'll be booking there next year (hopefully).

How long was the walk back out of interest?

24 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I’m not sure how I feel about the look of that new path. What is there now where the viewing point was previously? I don’t remember it being any colder than general camping. 

The path down starts in a different place. So where you used to get to the bottom of the camping bit where there was a semi-circle area of stalls, the bar, and then a bit of grass with some benches on it for you to take in the view, all that is now higher up the camping field. All the stalls are now just in a row. There's still a seating area, but it's where the bottom few tents were last time, so in a different spot.

The path down starts in a different spot and is in a switchback style and through the trees (i.e. it sort of zig zags its way down the hill rather than being a relatively straight path as it used to be). 

You can get a glimpse of a view when walking down / up the path, but there's no area to sit and take it in like there used to be. It's a big miss in my opinion, I used to love ending the night at that little overlook bit taking in the view and trying to get my breath back!

1 minute ago, sisco said:

How long was the walk back out of interest?

We timed the walk to Glade at 17 minutes from gate to stage on Thursday, at a gentle pace. Didn't time the way back any night. 🤣

Slightly quicker to Other once you realise to cut past the Co-op and not keep waking towards Arcadia. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, essjay2009 said:

The path down starts in a different place. So where you used to get to the bottom of the camping bit where there was a semi-circle area of stalls, the bar, and then a bit of grass with some benches on it for you to take in the view, all that is now higher up the camping field. All the stalls are now just in a row. There's still a seating area, but it's where the bottom few tents were last time, so in a different spot.

The path down starts in a different spot and is in a switchback style and through the trees (i.e. it sort of zig zags its way down the hill rather than being a relatively straight path as it used to be). 

You can get a glimpse of a view when walking down / up the path, but there's no area to sit and take it in like there used to be. It's a big miss in my opinion, I used to love ending the night at that little overlook bit taking in the view and trying to get my breath back!

Yes the view was great. I also enjoyed the wander through the green fields. The Sticklinch walk home is less interesting!

Really enjoyed Sticklinch. If you are up early like me, no queue of note for the showers before 7.30 and the toilets were immaculate and fully stocked with paper and sanitiser the whole weekend as they were being well stewarded pretty much all the time. As for the compost toilets, yes superb as always but I stacked it coming down the steep steps on Friday morning as I slipped on the wet steel. Luckily I avoided any serious injury, but I do have some battle scars to show the folks back home!

The smoothies at the Hedonist were excellent and the perfect start to my day.

Definitely going back if we can get tickets next year.

I give it a 4/5

A few more food options as the lines were very long in the morning, 

The Belgian Waffle place was missed as was the view.

But the toilets/ showers and the quiet over in block A was terrific.

And also, the obvious inclusion of a camp store finally happened.

We were set up with mattresses and sleeping bags within a few minutes