Worthy (re)view

moogster

So. Worthy view 2022:

- Complaints about the path up. Not a biggie for me but don't want to know what happens if it's wet

- No more view but then you can crash at Strummerville or use the excuse for a break on the path up

- Amazing loos, but the fact that they are used as a pamper room in the morning = not great (maybe add taps?)

- What happened with the guys showers? Women could often just pass by a long line of bemused gents. Great idea when they decided to let them open 24h a day

- Quite liked the food options. Haven't tried the bar.

- Quite clean and quiet (except for you if your initials are J.R. in block C. You need to see someone about that snoring )

- The shuttle to gate A took forever...

- My scout tent leaked. Combination of wind and rain I guess. Whole bag of clothing got wet, and I really thought I left it far enough from the side. Luckily I had split my clothing and had the rest in the car. This makes me consider a pricier option in the future.

- I got confused on directions on the way out and drove somehow through Frome, the A36 etc to the A303. Would have liked a big sign saying "London this way" 😉

What about you?

We were G7 all the way at the back and there was a terrible lack of toilets in the refion. This encouraged everyone to pee on the grass during the night. No chance of a hot drink there either.

the hill needs some kind of rope pulley its a killer. Or some sort of shuttle bus service that  you could jump on. My friend suggested a zipliner😃

All great - apart from the new path which was just too steep and to your point, they’re lucky it wasn’t raining.  Every time we went up or down someone nearly stacked it.  I’m not sure that’s repeatable.  And a bit of a shame to lose the usual “view” at the top of the old stairs! 

But car park, check in, tent, food stalls, showers, perfect. 

10 minutes ago, angelin said:

We were G7 all the way at the back and there was a terrible lack of toilets in the refion. This encouraged everyone to pee on the grass during the night. No chance of a hot drink there either.

the hill needs some kind of rope pulley its a killer. Or some sort of shuttle bus service that  you could jump on. My friend suggested a zipliner😃

I was looking at where the zipline should go. Was thinking towards John Peel would be good. Another one towards acoustic.

• Upvote 1

I thought it was great and will definately stay again in 2023, ticket permitting. Toilet queues were busy in the mornings but I just strolled down to the longdrops at Strummerville instead of queuing for 20 minutes!  Nice and quiet, apart from the couple next to me shagging every night and morning and letting everyone else know how good it was.

The hill was fine and tbh it would probably have more grip in the wet, gravel when dry tends to be worse than when it's wet.

1 minute ago, Dave_c said:

Nice and quiet, apart from the couple next to me shagging every night and morning and letting everyone else know how good it was.

Were you in the middle of block C too or was that a different couple?

ANd yes the Strummerville long drops in the morning were perfect.

1 minute ago, moogster said:

Were you in the middle of block C too or was that a different couple?

Nah block H, clearly there were other couples being quite vocal about it too.

Edited by Dave_c

3 minutes ago, moogster said:

Thirded. Long queues for a handful of flushers gradually turning into fetid saunas or a 5 minute walk to three pristine blocks of airy long drops was a no brainer.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Thirded. Long queues for a handful of flashers gradually turning into fetid saunas or a 5 minute walk to three pristine blocks of airy long drops was a no brainer.

Ssshhh, don't tell everyone or they will all be at it!

Excellent toilets including the composters. Good food but the bar could have been bigger. The one problem is the new access path. The previous path was steep but had steps and handrails on both sides. This new one was comprised of loose stone and grit. Fine as long as it was a dry festival. I dread to think what would have happened if their had been heavy rain and mud. Spoke to one of the WV staff and they had serious concerns about that. Folk were even slipping on the dry path because of the loose surface.  
In tribute to Macca I named it the long and winding road, was told the old steps have become access for locals, don’t know if that’s true or not.

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Another route into the festival above the Park would be cool; our tent was about 30 yards behind the Glastonbury sign as the crow flies. Could do with some more water points at that end of WV too.... I showered in the afternoon so everything else was perfect! Will do again

9 minutes ago, Cuboid said:

First time staying. Thought the path was different from the pictures I’d seen. Anyone know how much further across it was? Where we’re the old steps? 

They exited just next to where the new path ends and started behind where the food village is now situated . Pity as there was a great view and seats at the top of the old steps. 

20 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

They exited just next to where the new path ends and started behind where the food village is now situated . Pity as there was a great view and seats at the top of the old steps. 

I didn't make it this year, but that is gutting to hear they've got rid of the view.  We loved that feeling of walking round the corner on Wednesday to see the site for the first time and always tried to finish the festival with the sun rising over it on the Monday morning.

(Monday morning sunrise back in 2019)

IMG_20190701_051537-01.jpeg

Edited by StevieMcK

14 minutes ago, StevieMcK said:

I didn't make it this year, but that is gutting to hear they've got rid of the view.  We loved that feeling of walking round the corner on Wednesday to see the site for the first time and always tried to finish the festival with the sun rising over it on the Monday morning.

(Monday morning sunrise back in 2019)

IMG_20190701_051537-01.jpeg

There’s still nice views from the path up but not from the top as we’ve had in the past 

• Upvote 1

I heard that if it rained heavily they were going to use the old path.

Better signage to exit the festival on monday indicating directions would have been good. As would signs in the car park showing the entrance, we ended up following others through a farm and nearly down the hill to Strummerville as there was nothing near where we parked indicating where the entrance was.

Ladies had more showers, hence shorter queues.

Edited by Johnnyseven

We had a scout tent five rows back from the front and about ten in from the toilets, which was great to save anymore walking than necessary. 

The previous steps are now used for a villagers entrance.

I made a video of the new zig-zag path to supersede my one from 2017 (YouTube still processing the HD video)

• Like 1

We were in G32, so very convenient for car park. Compost loos were other side of the hedge so we got occasional wafts of bad smells and banging doors through the night (though ear plugs worked for me). Big improvements to ladies showers, private cubicles and didn’t queue once. Didn’t use the bar or food stalls but they looked much better than before. Disappointed they removed the viewing area. And as for the hill…they managed to make it even steeper and more dangerous 🙄 We saw a couple of nasty falls on the scree walking down. I found the hill ok in general, but definitely got harder on the legs as the weekend went on. They could think about offering a shuttle bus for sure, even if you had to pay a few quid. Stewards were all great.