Most Disappointing Set(s)

northernringo

2 minutes ago, Mark0 said:

Calvin Harris , gave up in the end 

I thought Calvin Harris was one of my sets of the entire festival, but I was dancing almost literally under the legs of the spider where the sound was perfect.

And I'm not even a big Calvin fan - I thought he made a smart decision to play harder remixes of his famous songs, guessing (correctly) that most in the crowd were far too fucked to appreciate the poppier mixes.

Edited by Isaact

Easy Life... He gives me a bad vibe live for some reason. 

And Calvin Harris, though no fault of his own, I couldn't get into the speaker circle, so ended up hearing every beat 3 times, and it sounded horrendous. 

Edited by Alvoram

Diana Ross was awful, she was awful, the sound was awful, crowd was great, but that’s about it.

Pet Shop Boys weren’t bad but not the spectacle I was expecting, maybe it was my mood and I’ll reassess my opinion down the line, who knows.

left half way through plant and Krause, just a bit dull.

paul McCartney was epic, but would have preferred a 2 hour greatest hits set rather than what we got.

The only disappointments for me were the sacrifices that you have to make to get a good spot for the busy sets. I caught way more of Noel Gallagher than I would have wanted to and I decided to sacrifice Kae Tempest to get a good spot for Wet Leg and Confidence Man. It meant we watched Orlando Weeks who was fine but not where I was wishing I was on site. It did mean we were in a great spot for Wet Leg and Confidence Man though! 

Leon Bridges - but not because of his performance. I was disappointed in the crowd - it was the most tepid I've ever been in at Glasto. Barely any applause as each song ended, and disappointingly low on vibes. It's possible I was just too far back in the field, but from where I was stood I felt bad for him - like he was playing to a field of statues.

1 minute ago, Rex2 said:

Calvin didn't even bother mixing. Swear he wasn't even there. They just put a mixtape on with all of his tunes

This , it didn't flow it just felt like a dozen records being put on and compared to other DJ sets the sound was certainly down 

5 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Anything in Arcadia, i knew i shouldnt of gone there on Saturday but it was total carnage. The spider does not work for crowds that big, needs a total rethink that area in my opinion.

I avoided it (Calvin Harris is utter dog shit in my opinion) until Sunday where we watched Sub Focus and Hospitality - both excellent (not normally my bag) and it wasn't rammed fortunately. Excellent sound quality too.

8 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Diana Ross was awful, she was awful, the sound was awful, crowd was great, but that’s about it.

Pet Shop Boys weren’t bad but not the spectacle I was expecting, maybe it was my mood and I’ll reassess my opinion down the line, who knows.

left half way through plant and Krause, just a bit dull.

paul McCartney was epic, but would have preferred a 2 hour greatest hits set rather than what we got.

That blows my mind. It was one of the greatest sets I've ever witnessed, musically and visually astounding. Everyone around me was gobsmacked.

• Upvote 3