Clashfinder post mortem

moogster

The Libertines, Sofy, Wet Leg, Confidence Man, Wolf Alice, Sigrid, Phoebe Bridgers, Sam Fender, Little Simz

Black Midi, Sampa the Great, Squid, Big Thief, Noel Gallagher, Paul McCartney, Megan Thee Stallion

Just Mustard, Dakhabrakha, Lianne La Havas, Declan McKenna, Fontaines D.C., Snarky Puppy, Lorde, Kendrick Lamar

with a few bits and bobs from other sets, but tried to abide by the at least 4 songs rule

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The Libertines, Sofy, Wet Leg, Confidence Man, Wolf Alice, Sigrid, Phoebe Bridgers, Sam Fender, Little Simz

Black Midi, Sampa the Great, Squid, Big Thief, Noel Gallagher, Paul McCartney, Megan Thee Stallion

Just Mustard, Dakhabrakha, Lianne La Havas, Declan McKenna, Fontaines D.C., Snarky Puppy, Lorde, Kendrick Lamar

with a few bits and bobs from other sets, but tried to abide by the at least 4 songs rule

That's exactly what I was looking for. I thank you 🙂 (welcome to the "I ditched McCartney for Megan thee Stallion" club)

New York Brass Band, Tom Walker, Michael Eavis & band, Bastille

The Libertines, Wet Leg, Girl in Red, Sigrid, Phoebe Bridgers, Billie Eilish (+ kinda watched half the Sam Fender set from our tent)

IDLES (at BBC introducing), Holly Humberstone, AJ Tracey, Haim, Olivia Rodrigo, Noel Gallagher, Paul McCartney

George Ezra, Declan McKenna, Turnstile, Lorde, Kendrick Lamar

4 minutes ago, moogster said:

That's exactly what I was looking for. I thank you 🙂 (welcome to the "I ditched McCartney for Megan thee Stallion" club)

Hahah yeah I was actually really close for Macca but I was so knackered after being stood at the Park all afternoon so about 5 songs in I decided to get out, go for a drink and smoke and go for a wander to re energise. Ended up at Megan for about 15-20 mins and so glad I made that choice, great atmosphere. I then went back and watched the last hour or so of Macca from the back of the field.

Libertines, Ziggy Marley, Rufus Wainwright, Crowded House, Sam Fender, Billie Eilish

Katherine Priddy, Self Esteem, Olivia Rodrigo, Leon Bridges, Paul McCartney

Diana Ross, New Dad, Kacey Musgraves, Kendrick Lamar, Pet Shop Boys

That's sticking to the four song rule, passed by lots of great acts on my wanderings.

Elvana

Ziggy Marley, Inhaler, Supergrass, Bonobo, Foals, Groove Armada

Metronomy, Caribou, Roisin Murphy, Showhawk Duo

Just Mustard, Nightmares on Wax, Diana Ross, Elbow, Jarv Is, Bicep

Felt like shit on Saturday so got out late then ended up back at the tent for a chill and a sleep before Caribou. Can't believe how many acts some of you squeeze in!  

Thurs: The Little Unsaid > Kae Tempest > HAAi B2B Eats Everything > Roger Sanchez. 

Fri: Orlando Weeks > Wet Leg > First Aid Kit > TSHA > Sigrid > Nova Twins > Bonobo > Billie Eilish* > Four Tet > Overmono (Was in a mess by that point though)

Sat: Kikagaku Moyo > Holly Humberstone > Self Esteem > Glass Animals > Olivia Rodrigo > Paul McCartney > Jon Hopkins > Avalon Emerson > Cable Street Collective. 

Sun: Clairo > Diana Ross* > Kacey Musgraves > Lorde > Bicep > Tristan.

* Bit questionable if these pass the 4 song test but I did deliberately make the effort to watch them, FWIW! 😉 

Edited by jimmillen

Thursday

Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs

Mik Artistic

Friday

Libs

Wet Leg

Confidence Man

Idles

(Phoebe Bridgers) 

(Sam Fender)

Billie Eilish

Saturday

Idles

Self Esteem

(Metronomy)

Asylums

Ghetts

Paul McCartney

Zipheads (I think, in Rocket Lounge anyway)

Sunday

Peat and Diesel

Fontaines 

Amyl and the Sniffers

(Jack White)

Years and Years

PSB

Those in brackets are sets we sat outside of or near a bar and heard but weren’t actually in front of the stage.

Deptford Norther Soul - Melanie C - Michael Eavis and band - Bastille - Elvana

The Libertines - Kae Tempest - Blossoms - Crowded House - Supergrass - Sam Fender - Billie Eilish - Bonobo - Groove Armada

Holly Humberstone - Easy Life - English Teacher - Glass Animals - Olivia Rodrigo - Paul McCartney - Calvin Harris (and left after a few songs as the sound was shockingly bad as close as we could get!) 

George Ezra - Declan McKenna - Fontaines DC - Elbow - Years and Years - Kendrick Lamar - Sub Focus

Lots of other acts in between that I didn't plan to see and I didn't make a note of the names of... 😕 

Of all of those acts, the only disappointment for me was Easy Life... I like the songs, but the performance wasn't great, and what an obnoxious prick he is to boot. 

Edited by Alvoram

Thursday: Lekkido (I'm a fan now) . Ferris and Sylvester.

Friday: Power Ballad Yoga, Ziggy Marley, Greentea Peng, First Aid Kit, Supergrass, Dream Nails, Mannequin Pussy, Sugababes, Foals

Saturday: Yasmin Williams, Brass against, Laura Veirs, Yves Tumor, Big Joanie, Leon Bridges, McCartney, Megan Thee Stallion

Sunday: Just Mustard, Sports Team, Lianne La Havas, Diana Ross, Kacey Musgraves, almost Koffee (not sure how many songs), Orla Gartland, Yola

And some circus big tent but I don't remember on which day.

Friday

1.    Nubiyan Twist

2.    Griff

3.    Crowded House

4.    Girl in Red

5.    Sigrid

6.    The Undertones

7.    Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott

Saturday

1.    The Longest Johns

2.    Skunk Anansie

3.    Grainne Duffy

4.    Chris Difford

5.    Haim

6.    Leon Bridges

7.    Paul McCartney

Sunday

1.    Chloe Foy

2.    Erol Linton

3.    Diana Ross

Edited by TheNewUnion

THU Mixmaster Morris, Beatles Dub Club, Pigs x7, Nova Twins, Roger Sanchez, Sama' Abdulhadi

FRI English Teacher, Ziggy Marley, Greentea Peng, Crowded House, Supergrass, Dub Pistols, Sam Fender, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, K.O.G.

SAT Skunk Anansie, Carl Cox & Eric Powell, Celeste, Billy Nomates, Paul McCartney, Cut Capers

SUN Sea Girls, Lianne La Havas, Nightmares on Wax, Diana Ross, Newdad, Gabriels, Pet Shop Boys, Rudimental

Outside the 4 song rule: Mik Artistik, Primal Scream, John Digweed, Noel Gallagher

I was knackered by Friday night!

Edited by Quark

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Mixmaster Morris, Beatles Dub Club, Pigs x7, Nova Twins, Roger Sanchez, Sama' Abdulhadi

English Teacher, Ziggy Marley, Greentea Peng, Crowded House, Supergrass, Dub Pistols, Sam Fender, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, K.O.G.

Skunk Anansie, Carl Cox & Eric Powell, Celeste, Billy Nomates, Paul McCartney, Cut Capers

Sea Girls, Lianne La Havas, Nightmares on Wax, Diana Ross, Newdad, Gabriels, Pet Shop Boys, Rudimental

Outside the 4 song rule: Mik Artistik, Primal Scream, John Digweed, Noel Gallagher

I was knackered by Friday night!

Was this the Cornish Arms performance?

Fri - Wet Leg, Confidence Man, Wolf Alice, Sigrid, Phoebe Bridgers, St Vincent, Sugababes, FOALS.

Sat - Skunk Anansie, Self Esteem, Porridge Radio, Jane Weaver, Mitski, Roisin Murphy, Hobo Jones and the Junkyard Dogs, Beans on Toast.

Sun - Fontaines DC, Amyl and the Sniffers, McFly, Orla Gartland, Pet Shop Boys.

Planned to see Beabadoobee after Self Esteem on the Saturday but couldn't be doing with the crowd any longer in there. Missed Just Mustard on Sunday morning which was a shame but Saturday night ended that one 😄 Only one Pyramid set all weekend which I think is the lowest ever for me.

Edited by cdm22

Beans on Toast > Kae Tempest

Libertines > Wet Leg > Crowded House > Wolf Alice > IDLES > Sam Fender > Foals

IDLES > Holly Humberstone > Skunk Anansie > AJ Tracey > HAIM > Olivia Rodrigo > NGHFB (the whole oasis bit) > Macca

Sports Team > George Ezra > Caroline Polachek > Jack White > Lorde 

Nubiyan Twist; Arooj Aftab; Crowded House; Wolf Alice; Plant & Krauss; Sam Fender; Jesus & Mary Chain; Reef

Skunk Anansie; Grainne Duffy; Beabadoobee; Haim; Noel; Macca

Ferris & Sylvester; Herbie Hancock; Diana Ross; Kacey Musgraves; The Regrettes; Pet Shop Boys

19 acts over the weekend. Only a couple of those rated as merely good rather than great (eg. Noel) but overall the quality was stunning. I made no special effort other than choosing to see stuff I wanted to see, but this ended up yielding a pretty even gender split, which is exactly what the last few years of effort have been about.

• Upvote 1

Wednesday- Mik Artistik, Efestivals meet

Thursday- Thrill Collins, Showhawk Duo, Cut Capers. 

Friday- Cold War Steve, Orlando Weeks (just to be in position for the next 2 acts rather than because I like him although he was fine. Wet Leg, Confidence Man, Supergrass, Sigrid, Phoebe Bridgers and Little Simz

Saturday- Self Esteem in conversation, Yasmin Williams, Brass Against, Tim Burgess, Self Esteem, Haim, unfortunately probably did catch more than 4 songs of Noel Gallagher and Paul McCartney. 

probably caught close to 4 songs of Skunk Anansie as I walked around The Other Stage deliberately on the way to John Peel. Sounded great. Wish I could have seen it but I am a Self Esteem super fan!

Sunday- Citizens of the world choir, Ferris and Sylvester, Lianne La Havas, Diana Ross, Fontaines DC, Orla Gartland and Pet Shop Boys. 

Also saw some Jazz Dancing and failed the 4 song tests but I did deliberately choose to see a tiny bit of Kate Rusby and Yolo. 

Wednesday
Beans on Toast 

Thursday
New York brass band
High society (circus/acrobatics)
Circus Fantasia (circus/acrobatics)

Friday
Hobo Jones & The Junk Yard Dogs
Kirsty Newton (comedy)
Seann Walsh (comedy)
First Aid Kit
4 Poofs and a Piano (comedy)
Sarah Keyworth (comedy)
Oh my god its the church! (cult)
Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott
Leo (circus/acrobatics)
Ben Loader (circus/acrobatics) 
Cirque de Vulgar (circus/acrobatics) 

Saturday
Grace Petrie 
Nish Kumar (comedy)
John Bishop (comedy) 
Laura Lexx (comedy)
Tom Robinson band
Reginald D Hunter (comedy)
Matt Kirshen (comedy)
Paul McCartney

Sunday
Marcus De Sauty - (maths)
Abandoman - (outdoor comedy)
Beans on Toast
Les Bubb (comedy - mime)
Stewart Goldsmith (comedy)
JARV IS

THURS System 7, Kae Tempest, Pigs x7

FRI Ziggy Marley, Kae Tempest, Greetea Peng, 1st Aid Kit, Wolf Alice, Phoebe Bridgers, St Vincent, Primal Scream

SAT Improv All Stars, Sampa The Great, Haim, Leon Bridges, Caribou, Macca

SUN Herbie Hancock, Di-Ro, Koffee, Lorde, Kendrick Lamar

Libertines, Nova Twins, Goa Express, Mik Artistic, Sleaford Mods, Yard Act, Jesus and Mary Chain, Little Simz, Circus tent

Joy Crookes, Skunk Anansie, Molotov Jukebox, Celeste, John Cooper Clarke, Billy Nomates, Self Esteem (Greenpeace) , Paul McCartney

Peat and Diesel, Outside Circus, Diana Ross, Jack White, Jarv Is, Pet Shop Boys, Dr Strangelove

Thurs
System 7 
Brian V 
KH 
Giant Swan

Fri
The Libertines 
Kae Tempest 
Wet Leg 
Girl in Red 
Sigrid 
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss