Thank a stranger thread

moogster

Arrived on the Thursday evening with my six month pregnant wife, really nervous about how she’d cope. She’s a teacher so hadn’t been able to get the the weds/thurs off and had to travel down after work.

Expecting to spend hours tracking round trying to find a spot for our medium sized tent, but as soon as we walked through the gate, friendly stewards took one look at the bump and led her off for a cup of tea whilst helping me find a spot and put the tent up.

It made such a difference- and the grin on her face as we struggled with tent poles that have seen better days was one of my festival highlights 

• Upvote 3

The group of lads watching Heaton & Abbott that I was having a chat with.  Was watching them solo so always nice to have a bit of chat and a drink with strangers.

Didn't directly affect me as I stayed on my feet, but as always thanks to everyone involved in the moshpits for Pigsx7 and Nova Twins. Every time people went down on the deck the crowd held everyone back while others pulled them back on their feet and saw them right. Just the best.

Thank you to the people that found my friend's phone in the SE Corner - they were about to leave and hand it in then saw up waving a torch around on the floor frantically. Also to the coach driver on the way back who let us leave early at the services 5 minutes from my house - saved me almost 3 hours of travel on the monday!

My simple good deed that received grateful thanks from a young lady was giving her some toilet paper whilst in a long drop queue. She asked me very timidly if I could lend her some for her friend.  I replied yes of course but it’s not a loan, I don’t want it back!  
And our thanks to the guy with the wheelbarrow who carted our gear to the tent at Worthy View. 

The very nice stallholder who spotted I was having a bit of a bit of a funny turn on the Wednesday. Guessing mild sunstroke. Brought me over a cup of water, he only had sparkling so that was a nice surprise. Also didn't mind us crashing in front of his stall in one of the few patches of shade even though we were clearly in the way. 

On 6/28/2022 at 12:00 PM, Billy Corgans hair said:

The group of 4-5 early 20s girls all bawling they're eyes out to let it be.

The random lady who invited me into the Ukrainian dance circle during Go_A

I would like to thank the stranger who handed my phone back to me after the Ukrainian dance circle! Nearly a very bad start to my Saturday. 

These are genuinely my favourite type of threads ❤ 

Random lady in the queue for the showers at Bath and West. We had got chatting about festivals etc and she mentioned she was taking her mum to a festival in a few weeks. Cue a massive meltdown having just lost my mum. Your hugs were the best and I hope you and your mum have the very best time ❤

Thank you to the customers of the Park bar for being an absolute joy for my first time as a worker. Patient and tolerant of the card machines going down, my hangover and all the booze running out on Saturday night. Always good humoured and ready for a laugh. Loved it. 

On 6/28/2022 at 12:46 PM, jimmillen said:

Glade Dome, 1 am ish Monday morning, having one last rave…

Go to check something on my phone - oh hell, it’s not in my pocket. Not surprising tbh, I had been going for it a bit. 😂

Frantically start checking the ground around me - next thing I’m getting a tap on the shoulder, big smile & the phone handed back.

Thank you whoever you were! 👏

Right at the front? I forgot about that! You're welcome! Though tbh I can't remember if it was me or my mate who physically handed it back to you - memory is definitely hazy there!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, themunn said:

Right at the front? I forgot about that! You're welcome! Though tbh I can't remember if it was me or my mate who physically handed it back to you - memory is definitely hazy there!

Oh awesome! Yes, front & centre 😃 Thank you and/or your mate again!

Thanks to the lads camping next to me who were playing music until 5am on the Thursday. I found it a bit annoying at first until a very catchy tune came on at which point I peeled myself out of my sleeping bag to grab my phone and Shazam it.

Steppin' Out by Joe Jackson has been more or less on repeat since I got back

On wednesday I was disembarking from the car, trolley packed - check, rucksack on - check, windows shut - check, and set off.

One of young group of lads sitting in the boot of a car shouted over - mate you've left something behind!

I went and picked up said left item, put it over my shoulder and called back to the lad - don't worry it's only my camera bag!

He laughed but I wish I'd thanked him more and wished him an especially good festival

Edited by kerplunk