Thank a stranger thread

moogster

Here's where you share the random acts of kindness you witnessed, or just people being awesome.

Mine's a but unusual: I'd like to thank the blonde lady next to me at First Aid Kit for singing along. Lady, on top of knowing all the words, your voice was brilliant and perfectly harmonized with FAK. I never thought in my life I'd enjoy someone singing along that much.

The two blokes who stopped and checked i was ok when I took a pretty spectacular tumble on the walkway between Silver Heys and the Other Stage.  

I really went flying! If you read this, thanks.  Got some cracking bruising as a reminder 

The group of youngsters who persuaded us to stick around for Elvano, it was a cracking show and we had fun with you guys (even if you did keep mocking us for being 'old' you little whippersnappers 😛) Sorry you never did get Green Day 😕 

I had a hypo ( low blood sugar )  at Arcadia one evening and had run out of glucose tabs ... the low blood sugar causes confusion but someone stepped in and asked his group if they had any sweets ... they didnt but he found someone who did ..... could possibly have saved my life ... so the guy from manchester I think .... thanks so much 

I was pretty gone going into Foals and lost my mates, the people around me were absolutely amazing despite me being an annoyingly talkative stranger. Had a right laugh with them all and everyone was having a proper party. 

After the set this group of ladies (I think they were off-duty stewards) allowed me to tag along with them to Arcadia then to see Girls Don't Sync in Silver Hayes. Had the best evening of the festival, and they were genuinely all so so lovely. 

Cheers team, especially to Nat and Rachel (sorry if I have those names wrong!).  

To the chap who camped near us - you asked if we could boil you some water for a coffee and stayed for a natter with us. You noticed we were running low on water and by the time we had returned to our tent there was a water carrier filled for us just inside. Cheers Bo.

To the drunk teacher that shared his rum with me and kept wanted to put me on your shoulders at Sugababes - thanks for the laughs!

Just now, Larraht said:

To the chap who camped near us - you asked if we could boil you some water for a coffee and stayed for a natter with us. You noticed we were running low on water and by the time we had returned to our tent there was a water carrier filled for us just inside. Cheers Bo.

This is lovely!

6 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

The man sat at the top of the Pyramid who finished his vodka jelly and then put the pot into his bag to take away. It meant I didnt have to attempt to pick up the crushed shards the next morning at 6am!

Was he a tall fat man wearing a free guardian bag with a short blonde girlfriend? 

This could genuinely have been me, although I wasn't sat so maybe not 🙂 

And it was more like 9 vodka jellies each night between us 🙈😂

As a side note, was good to see the jellies were being served in vegware 🙂 

Just now, Alvoram said:

Was he a tall fat man wearing a free guardian bag with a short blonde girlfriend? 

This could genuinely have been me, although I wasn't sat so maybe not 🙂 

And it was more like 9 vodka jellies each night between us 🙈😂

As a side note, was good to see the jellies were being served in vegware 🙂 

I thanked him, he was well confused! The ones I picked up all weekend seemed to be in the usual non recycle plastic - are you saying that was compostable cos if so I have put hundreds in the wrong colour bag... 😁

Glade Dome, 1 am ish Monday morning, having one last rave…

Go to check something on my phone - oh hell, it’s not in my pocket. Not surprising tbh, I had been going for it a bit. 😂

Frantically start checking the ground around me - next thing I’m getting a tap on the shoulder, big smile & the phone handed back.

Thank you whoever you were! 👏

Just now, giantkatestacks said:

I thanked him, he was well confused! The ones I picked up all weekend seemed to be in the usual non recycle plastic - are you saying that was compostable cos if so I have put hundreds in the wrong colour bag... 😁

Yeh they were all vegware, which is compostable plastic made from vegetables... They say it on them if you know what to look for but they do look very similar to normal plastic, so an easy mistake to make. At least if they end up in landfill they degrade and won't harm the oceans.

They make pint pots and other food containers like this too, so look out for that if helping out elsewhere in the future. The bigger items tend to have a green pattern on them. 

I posted a thread about this at the time but I KO'd somewhere near Gate A Thursday night and 2 girls fetched the stewards rather quickly.  The stewards took me to medical and then off to Bath Hospital.  Was not booze or narcotic related and I was just thankful those 2 girls got me help.  The stewards were amazing and the 2 NHS dudes that whizzed me off to Bath were top drawer too.  Really took time to make sure I was alright even at the hospital when I was saying get yourselves off now after alot of thank you's they stayed to make sure I was ok and looked after. 

On my way in on Wednesday morning about 10am our cart fell on its side. Me and my mate righted it and I rolled a fag and we got going again. I overheard someone behind say a a wallet had been found behind us. Checked my pockets and realised it wasn't there and probably came out when I got my baccy out. Ran back and asked if anyone had found a wallet and a lovely couple asked my name and gave it back to me. Even had my ticket in it. Absolute legends and wouldn't take any cash as a thank you 

Just everyone who put up with me randomly talking to them in crowds.  I was mostly on my own and am a bit of a talker so will take the ear off anyone who will listen!

And the group of 5 young, tall men who let me go in front of them to be on the second barrier for Macca (and Noel G).  Not only for letting me lean and see but also chatting so that the time passed in a flash without it seeming an age!  Even though I was probably the age of your mums!