The 'damn I wish I was there for that' thread

TheGChild

Sure most of us have had a peek at some of the things we've missed out on whilst we were off somewhere having fun, a cry, a poo, queuing for noodles. So what is your 'damn wish I was there for that' moment.

Still got a lot of highlights to work through but 'F**k you!' looked like an absolute scene.

Bicep. I went to Kendrick, had a great time, but should gone to Bicep. 

Jack White.. ish. I was there, but got there too late, so was on the hill. Heard it all fine though.

Olivia Rodrigo. Was a toss up between Noel & Olivia. I enjoyed Noel, but seen him loads. My mates were all there & I thought it'd be a ballache finding them for McCartney, so I went the Pyramid. She sounds like she nailed it.

I try to not have too many, but there’s always one I make a terrible call on.

This year it was Olivia Rodrigo. Went to the Avalanches where standing on the left mean you couldn’t see the visuals because of the sun and on the right meant you couldn’t hear anything because of the bleed from Stonebridge. God I hate the Park Stage.

20 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Primal scream looked like loads of fun in the JP, good place to see a headliner too - I was at Dub War which was good, but if I had a time machine I might review my choice 

Don't worry it was absolute pish and half the crowd left partway through the set. Biggest regret for me.

1 minute ago, deletebeep said:

Don't worry it was absolute pish and half the crowd left partway through the set. Biggest regret for me.

I saw it on the iPlayer last night, thought it looked decent! I’ve seen them be great, average and trainwreck before, and this seemed to lean far more towards the first bit of that spectrum 

24 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Primal scream looked like loads of fun in the JP, good place to see a headliner too - I was at Dub War which was good, but if I had a time machine I might review my choice 

It wasn't great tbh. Sound mix was poor. The versions of Swasktika Eyes & Pills lacked any punch too.

Wasnt great. Left me wishing I went to Paul Heaton

Bicep... watching it back on iPlayer now and it looks immense.  Although just seen they are playing Ally Pally later in the year so will hopefully catch them then.

Carol Cox & friends at the Glade on Saturday afternoon was apparently epic.  My husband and friends went there for the whole 4 hours.  They said one of the best days at Glasto ever.  I, however, went to the naked sauna!  Which was fun... but not much dancing going on 😊

10 minutes ago, Miss_Boo said:

Bicep... watching it back on iPlayer now and it looks immense.  Although just seen they are playing Ally Pally later in the year so will hopefully catch them then.

Carol Cox & friends at the Glade on Saturday afternoon was apparently epic.  My husband and friends went there for the whole 4 hours.  They said one of the best days at Glasto ever.  I, however, went to the naked sauna!  Which was fun... but not much dancing going on 😊

Can confirm, Carl Cox and Friends at Glade was probably the most fun DJ set of the whole festival, and I was in the SE Corner and Arcadia pretty much every night.

He knows how to work a crowd into a complete frenzy like nobody else.

Yeah wish I'd seen Olivia - only stood through Noel to get a decent spot for Macca, would've loved to have been at Other

Also missed DiRo because I couldn't face another busy Pyramid after 8hrs there on Saturday, but wished I'd seen her, looked epic

It was great fun, pissed off the part time fans by playing nothing from screamadelica until the last few songs, by which time I'd edged through the leavers to be on the barrier

(In reply to balti pie post, missed adding quote)

Edited by mph
Missed quotr

2 hours ago, Mark H said:

Bicep looked incredible. I don’t regret seeing the Pet Shop Boys but really wish I was able to catch both!

I'm the exact opposite of this. Went to Bicep and don't regret it because it was amazing but I really wished I could have seen Pet Shop Boys with the rest of my gang

4 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Turnstile!!!

Was sure I would be there but couldn't miss Jack White once that was announced. 

Yeah this is mine. I’m pretty happy with all of the choices I made this year, and Jack White was incredible so hard to feel too bad about it, but damn did this clash suck, especially after hearing how good Turnstile were.