Will you be trying for tickets for Glastonbury 2023?

st dan

Will you be trying for tickets for Glastonbury 2023?  

319 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be trying for tickets for Glastonbury 2023?

• Attended in 2022 - will be trying again for 2023
    • Attended in 2022 - will be giving 2023 a miss
    • Attended in 2022 - still undecided
    • Did not attend in 2022 - will be trying for 2023
    • Did not attend in 2022 - will be giving 2023 a miss
    • Did not attend in 2022 - still undecided

Having read a mixed bag of comments this year .. trying to gauge people’s early thoughts on 2023 tickets and whether they will be attending.
I missed out this year and thought I couldn’t wait to get back there, but I’m not so sure I’m as desperate as I was a week ago.  

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hell yeah.

There are downbeat comments on here every year in the immediate days afterwards but they usually peter out as people shake off the post-festival blues.  2022 was an instant classic.

This. We are all tired and grumpy. We will all (ok most of us) be in front of our screens giddy with anticipation in october

Yep will definitely be trying. I understand some of the points people have made about crowds etc but I do think that people expect too much and can be uncompromising. We can usually gauge the busy acts ourselves and then you have a choice do you care enough to go early or should you go do something less busy. 

I will definitely be trying to improve my fitness for next year and I will also be making sure I schedule in more nice relaxing acts to help me through. 

Edited by gigpusher
Typo

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Yep will definitely be trying. I understand some of the points people have made about crowds etc but I do think that people expect too much and can be uncompromising. We can usually gauge the busy acts ourselves and then you have a choice do you care enough to go early or should you go do something less busy. 

My take is that three years has made people selectively edit their memories of what it's always like to focus on the good bits.

Huge crowds, queues, people in chairs, people talking, people pushing through crowds, people too drunk or coked up, fights, etc happen every year.  Maybe folk just forgot.

2022 was genuinely the best festival I have ever been to, and by far the best Glastonbury I’ve attended yet. I am afraid I’m locked in for life.

I will try every year. I may not be successful every year, but I will try.

Some people go skiing every year, some go to the south of France. This is it for me. This is my tribe where I belong. This is a part of me now.

Edited by Matt42
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 6

Didn't go this year after being unsuccessful with tickets. Very keen to go again and even more so after watching all the BBC coverage this year. I do feel that festival is in my bloodstream now.

I'm unsure what to make of the negativity. I definitely think there's something in editing out the bad bits with time (I know I do) and there is always a fair bit of grumpiness on here in the immediate aftermath. That said, I wasn't there and wouldn't like to tell people they're wrong about being scared in crushes and so on.

But I'll still be trying!

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Honestly had such a good time watching it on the tv and chatting to people on here. Really felt like we were part of it. Not joking. 

But yeah will be trying. 

100% agree. It was very reassuring to see that I could enjoy it from home for the first time! Not the same at all, of course, but I take a lot of comfort from the fact it can be done without too much heartache.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My take is that three years has made people selectively edit their memories of what it's always like to focus on the good bits.

Huge crowds, queues, people in chairs, people talking, people pushing through crowds, people too drunk or coked up, fights, etc happen every year.  Maybe folk just forgot.

No I definitely think some things were busier especially queues for food and in some locations queues for toilets. My husband queued for nearly 10 minutes at one point to use a urinal and that was after deciding not to go to the first set of toilets after leaving a stage because they looked too crazy busy. We probably ate about half the amount of food we normally do (probably a good head start for the fitness I want to achieve for next year) because the queues were crazy. Usually we have a coffee every day on site this year we had none. We ended up having more snacks with us than normal.  We also just ate things where the queues weren’t ridiculous. Pizza for breakfast on Friday! Again none of it a major problem for me I would rather have pizza for breakfast than complain that the queues for breakfast food were too long! 

@Zoo Music Girl I think a lot of the negativity is people blaming others for them getting old. Sorry to be that blunt about it.

And before everyone jumps on me, I am in the same boat. I went this year with the full intention of doing three full days of music and staying out at the SE corner till 6am every night. Noticed very quickly that a festival like that is off the cards for me now. I may have been able to do that 3 years ago, but it’s getting more and more difficult now! I went to bed after Kendrick on the Sunday because I just couldn’t hack any more. Didn’t dampen my weekend though!

The gap between festivals has changed us all / knocked us a bit out of sync with what they are like. Glastonbury has always been super busy, tiring and had challenging moments. Yes there were more people on site but I was complaining about busyness in 2017 way more than I was about this year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

But there have been 10 minute queues for urinals in previous years and I've skipped oodles of meals due to long queues for food....?

People are acting as if 2017 didn’t have some of the worst crowd crushes ever. Selective memory.

Popular bands get busy sets.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

But there have been 10 minute queues for urinals in previous years and I've skipped oodles of meals due to long queues for food....?

i didnt ever have to queue, which was surprising as i needed to drive into the urinals on my scooter and park up.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

2022 was genuinely the best festival I have ever been to, and by far the best Glastonbury I’ve attended yet. I am afraid I’m locked in for life.

I will try every year. I may not be successful every year, but I will try.

Some people go skiing every year, some go to the south of France. This is it for me. This is my tribe where I belong. This is a part of me now.

It wasn’t my best I don’t know that 2017 will ever be beaten but yep it’s definitely just a part of me now and even during the worst parts of the festival this year my husband and I were discussing what we need to do differently next year to make it better. 

Just now, Neil said:

2017??????? didnt happen.

In 2017 on the Sunday I literally got stuck in the park because there was an absolute sea of people heading down to either Barry Gibb // The Killers. The area by healing/greenfields or whatever was at a complete standstill and there were people with a microphone trying to get people to take a few steps back to clear the congestion.

Didn't see anything like that this year. Perhaps Mel C on the Thursday but that’s it.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@Zoo Music Girl I think a lot of the negativity is people blaming others for them getting old. Sorry to be that blunt about it.

And before everyone jumps on me, I am in the same boat. I went this year with the full intention of doing three full days of music and staying out at the SE corner till 6am every night. Noticed very quickly that a festival like that is off the cards for me now. I may have been able to do that 3 years ago, but it’s getting more and more difficult now! I went to bed after Kendrick on the Sunday because I just couldn’t hack any more. Didn’t dampen my weekend though!

The gap between festivals has changed us all / knocked us a bit out of sync with what they are like. Glastonbury has always been super busy, tiring and had challenging moments. Yes there were more people on site but I was complaining about busyness in 2017 way more than I was about this year.

I'm not sure about that. As I say, I wouldn't tell people they imagined being scared in a crush. I've had that experience a couple of times in my life and wouldn't minimise it. Sounds like crowd management wasn't brilliant this year. Definitely some mistakes made with stage placements.

As I say I wasn't there though so can only weigh up what I'm reading on both sides.