So first timers what did you think of that?

waynewdk

Bloody loved it, went with a group of us with different music tastes but the festival caters to everyone. just some thoughts:

Vast majority of people were lovely and friendly

cant believe how much there is to do and see, loved the green peace area to reset.

loos better than I expected, but I only used the long drops.

was stupidly crowded up near the park a lot of the time, queued for an 1:30 to get food up there when wet leg played.

I ate better than expected and enjoyed the variety, although not a ton of GF options/stands. But that’s understandable.

Some of the stage choices felt weird, no need to overload the JP for George, just put him on a bigger stage. It felt like there was no one to stop it getting stupidly busy.

didn’t enjoy the noise at pennard hill, but will camp somewhere near the pyramid next time. My mistake!

definitely have the bug now and will try my hardest to go next year!

can see why people hold the festival with such high regard! 

• Upvote 5

The first timers in my group took a few days to get sunk in. I must admit the walking between stages and just the general stamina you need for the festival was really getting to some of the first timers in my group.

Luckily they pulled through though!

Fantastic. Our group stayed in two campers up at the wall of steel on E17.

Was expecting a nightmare mountain climb each evening but the hill is no big deal. Getting around was handy enough once I got my head around the lay out of the site. Overall we loved it! Only minor cirticism I would have had was too much vegan / veggie food places when I would have loved a burger and I'm not a fan of the drops, but fortunately there were the urinals for me. Much respect to the ladys, you are all tougher than I am!!

Best festival i've done. SE Corner is nuts, absolutely nothing like it. Pretty much every set I saw was fantastic, will say the organisation was far from the best (lots of sound issues, food queues were a pain and lots of repeated stalls unfortunately). Suffered on monday - thats for sure.

14 hours ago, Traco said:

Fantastic. Our group stayed in two campers up at the wall of steel on E17.

Was expecting a nightmare mountain climb each evening but the hill is no big deal. Getting around was handy enough once I got my head around the lay out of the site. Overall we loved it! Only minor cirticism I would have had was too much vegan / veggie food places when I would have loved a burger and I'm not a fan of the drops, but fortunately there were the urinals for me. Much respect to the ladys, you are all tougher than I am!!

Love the festival? Trust me, not only will you get used to the drops, you’ll grow to love them. And perhaps.... if you really, really, begin to love it like I do, and if there’s another pandemic,  you’ll actually begin to miss those drops.

1 minute ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Love the festival? Trust me, not only will you get used to the drops, you’ll grow to love them. And perhaps.... if you really, really, begin to love it like I do, and if there’s another pandemic,  you’ll actually begin to miss those drops.

The SE Corner ones on Saturday night were the worst i've ever smelt by a long long way!

I loved it, it wasn't until Saturday at the JP that I really felt that 'glastonbury love' and totally fell in love with the place, but that moment came. I think more than anything I love (most of) the people!

I can't wait to get back and see the things I missed... 

I have definitely come to the conclusion that I couldn't get on with camping inside though... Nothing but those toilets 24 hours a day, no showers, constant noise and traffic through your camp... I'll leave that to you hardened veterans and young whipper snappers... (If I was still of the age where I enjoy being off my trolley it would be a different matter, but those days are long gone.) 

We're already planning next year!!! Thinking of hiring a CV if we can't get Sticklinch... 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alvoram said:

I loved it, it wasn't until Saturday at the JP that I really felt that 'glastonbury love' and totally fell in love with the place, but that moment came. I think more than anything I love (most of) the people!

I have definitely come to the conclusion that I couldn't get on with camping inside though... Nothing but those toilets 24 hours a day, no showers, constant noise and traffic through your camp... I'll leave that to you hardened veterans and young whipper snappers... (If I was still of the age where I enjoy being off my trolley it would be a different matter, but those days are long gone.) 

We're already planning next year!!! Thinking of hiring a CV if we can't get Sticklinch... 

Camp in Darble.

Amazing festival !  Highlights include

• Sol Cinema with Dalek Relaxation 
  • Power Ballad Yoga 
  • The Glade (bring back the festival) 
  • Coming back with tequila, money and essentials 🤣
  • 'Glamping' with the CV crew and making cocktails for brekkie Thursday and Friday morning

I've never been a fan of hoards of people, and a bit miffed I missed a few things just avoiding it. I prefer smaller festivals that I can choose to visit sets, rather than planning a day to get there early- kinda festival. 

Edited by prog seller

4 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

there are quiet camping areas. Baileys is positively tranquil 

Erm ... no. Possibly misled you there. It’s nice and quiet though.

Just now, Levitz said:

there are quiet camping areas. Baileys is positively tranquil 

I think the most important thing for me is showers and nice toilets...

I know everyone stinks, but not everyone stinks 'like me.' The thought of people being close to me after 4 days of no showers genuinely fills me with dread! Plus it's almost an essential ritual the morning after drinking for me to have a shower, my hangovers seem to last for hours if I don't have one... We were mostly in bed by 2am / 3am and I was always up for a shower between 7 and 8am... 5 hours sleep, shower, coffee and breakfast then I'm ready to go again straight away... 

5 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I think the most important thing for me is showers and nice toilets...

I know everyone stinks, but not everyone stinks 'like me.' The thought of people being close to me after 4 days of no showers genuinely fills me with dread! Plus it's almost an essential ritual the morning after drinking for me to have a shower, my hangovers seem to last for hours if I don't have one... We were mostly in bed by 2am / 3am and I was always up for a shower between 7 and 8am... 5 hours sleep, shower, coffee and breakfast then I'm ready to go again straight away... 

Consider volunteering. I did that for the first time this year.... toilets and hot showers available, and very little queues for them. You’ll miss quie a bit when you’re doing your shifts though.

Consider volunteering. I did that for the first time this year.... toilets and hot showers available, and very little queues for them. You’ll miss quie a bit when you’re doing your shifts though.

We've already discussed this option, but I think we may want a couple more fests under our belt first. 

P.s I'm out of likes for the day too 😕 But thanks for the tips. 

Edited by Alvoram

Absolutely amazing with such wonderful people and energy about the place. It did feel busy at times but that’s expected, I also felt a lot of new people were there with the intention of cracking nos balloons and getting as trashed as possible, which is fine if that’s your thing but it made Arcadia feel uneasy at times.

All shows I saw were magical and it felt the artists put in that extra effort which I love. Despite my ‘friend’ ditching me and then going home I had an amazing time and will be attempting to return in 2023.

8 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I think you should always be able to get something at WV or Sticklinch as tent constantly came up for sale but there’s always Rig’s Field just outside, had loads of room and quiet (no shower/handy parking would be the dealbreaker for me)

49 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

I’ve read a few things from people that didn’t really get it. Someone reckoned it was not really any different to Reading/Leeds. Sounds like they didn’t explore beyond the main stages. 

They really can’t have done. My very first year I didn’t get to the Park, the Green Fields or the SE corner!

9 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

They really can’t have done. My very first year I didn’t get to the Park, the Green Fields or the SE corner!

As much as I do enjoy the larger places, you could really take them alone and it would be any other festival. It’s when you explore places like the green fields, the woods, circus, kidz field, etc. that you realise what Glastonbury is so different and special. 

Amazing place and experience. Despite arriving Tuesday, there are areas that I simply didn't get to. I can see why people go back and back just to experience the things they missed last time. Not enough time to do everything that is on offer! If you suffer from FOMO, this festival is a nightmare!

So friendly, even when the crowds became dangerous a few times, everybody seemed to keep their cool when in other places, heads would have been falling off. 

Only managed about 3 full sets but that is partly my fault as if it was busy at a stage, I wont push forwards and I just cant enjoy a set if I cant see it properly or hear it properly. That leads me to a negative, many acts were in very small venues for their popularity. I think I know why that was but still it was gutting not to be able to see someone you had hoped as you just couldnt get near. I think if you have your heart set on somebody, you need to eat, drink, use the toilet and aim to get there at least an hour before they start. That could therefore mean that with travelling time, you need to be thinking about that set up to 2 hours before! Crazy.

I have to say, I was a little disappointed in the sound quality/volume from the stages compared to say at Rock Werchter. I may have been standing in the wrong places. I brought ear defenders for our 5yr old but didn't need them once despite being close sometimes.

Need to change from O2 to EE as had no signal or data pretty much the whole time.

Cash is better than card. Most traders preferred cash as their wifi devices went down most of the time!

I wasnt prepared for the big rocks and sharp stones eve'rywhere I walked either! Defo walking boots next time.

Final thought? Biggest, busiest but most importantly, best festival I have ever been to.