Overheard Funnies 2022

nikkic

Sitting by our tents in Bushy on Saturday morning, we hear a guy yelling out ‘Deliveroo’ and offering Egg and Bacon McMuffins. Stand up to see a bloke carrying a heated food bag, and around 15 McMuffins (still warm) that he’s willing to sell to any hungry campers. 

He didn’t look like a regular punter either so god knows how he got in and what he was doing there. 

11 minutes ago, LetsGoToMars said:

While I was knocking around my tent, someone rang my doorbell back home and the Ring Doorbell notification went off on my phone really loud.

cue someone over the other side of the path "Who the FUCK has brought their Ring Doorbell to Glastonbury?!"

Maybe it would work well as a tent thief deterrent!

You should have shouted "sorry ubereats delivery!"

On 7/5/2022 at 3:04 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I saw someone waving taking photos on an instant camera and waving the photos about untill they developed … there is something about having hard copies of photos … but not quite sure about this method … 

I took my Instax camera with me (notably, you should NOT shake them like a Polaroid..) but waaay more film than I ended up using. A few days in I started just snapping nice moments that I noticed and giving the pics to those involved - it felt really nice to be able to do that, and folks seemed really grateful 🙂

At Pet Shop Boys a group of girls were having dramas with their disposable camera and seemed unsure they'd got the shot they wanted, so I offered an Instax and they seemed to appreciate it! Luckily one of them was in the know and instructed her friend "Do NOT shake it!"

Just now, WestCountryGirl said:

I took my Instax camera with me (notably, you should NOT shake them like a Polaroid..) but waaay more film than I ended up using. A few days in I started just snapping nice moments that I noticed and giving the pics to those involved - it felt really nice to be able to do that, and folks seemed really grateful 🙂

At Pet Shop Boys a group of girls were having dramas with their disposable camera and seemed unsure they'd got the shot they wanted, so I offered an Instax and they seemed to appreciate it! Luckily one of them was in the know and instructed her friend "Do NOT shake it!"

Maybe it was instax ? Are they a lot smaller than Polaroid ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 7:38 PM, Larraht said:

Not so much a word for word conversation but I overheard a steward talking to someone about a live tortoise being handed into one of the gates that she was on duty at and what they might do about this situation! 

I heard all about this story up at Oxfield 🤣

This is not Glastonbury related but is a cracker. For several consecutive years at Beatherder festival (possibly still happening) a group of attendee's in the campervan field laid a high quality, level and functional patio by their van.  Taking creature comforts up a notch..

20 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

This is not Glastonbury related but is a cracker. For several consecutive years at Beatherder festival (possibly still happening) a group of attendee's in the campervan field laid a high quality, level and functional patio by their van.  Taking creature comforts up a notch..

What, actual paving slabs?! Absolutely mad if so. 🤯 10/10 for commitment. 

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

What, actual paving slabs?! Absolutely mad if so. 🤯 10/10 for commitment. 

Yes! Lads turning up with slabs and aggregate and laying it when they arrive. Nuts 

They use a dry mix so the organisers can easily take down and recycle. All parties involved very amused.

Edited by Jay Pee