Overheard Funnies 2022

nikkic

5 hours ago, Larraht said:

Not so much a word for word conversation but I overheard a steward talking to someone about a live tortoise being handed into one of the gates that she was on duty at and what they might do about this situation! 

A steward called Kim told me she was handed a small tortoise while working. They called him/her Pennard, the rspca took it to be looked after  

19 hours ago, essjay2009 said:

Ordering a cocktail at one of the bars in the SEC and the guy behind the bar says "I can't give you a straw, we're not allowed to any more because people keep using them to take drugs" and then deadpan ends with "so you're getting a spoon instead, no one's ever done drugs off a spoon".

There is no spoon. Probably gave him a wooden one too which would have been interesting...

17 hours ago, Babylon sister said:

A steward called Kim told me she was handed a small tortoise while working. They called him/her Pennard, the rspca took it to be looked after  

Yup, that one came through over the radio 😂

Edited by March Hare

Girl: "I made the mistake of double-dropping last night because I didn't feel much from the first. Within five minutes, every blade of grass had turned into razor clams."

Lad: "AGAIN?! What is it with you and razor clams?"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I also chuckled at WaterAid colleagues on loo crew and a conversation they were having. If you open a long drop door and it is like someone has done somersaults of shit in there, the drill is to lock off the door, tape it across and call in the SAS of loo cleaning to deep clean via WaterAid HQ.

The call sign over the radio / phone was a code brown 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nelson100 said:

Not an overheard, but an overseen.

Came out the longdrops to see the door opposite me had someone gripping onto the bottom of it, with both hands, from the inside. Whatever was happening in there must have been dramatic.

Haha I saw something similar but it was someone in the one next to me gripping the bottom on my side. 
The temptation to tickle their hand was strong but I thought whatever they were in the middle of needed optimal concentration so decided against. 

6 minutes ago, I feel like Pablo said:

I too have done this at Glastonbury. Nothing quite like it 

In 2017 I was brushing my teeth and took a a big sip of what I thought was water, but turned out to be vodka. 

Absolute aids. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, nikkic said:

In 2017 I was brushing my teeth and took a a big sip of what I thought was water, but turned out to be vodka. 

Absolute aids. 

A mate popped out of his tent one morning and went for the full Timotei effect with his 2 litre water bottle. Straight over the head, with an accompanying shake. Was his vodka. Stung his sunburnt noggin and open eyes like hell (but hilarious for us). Worst, he did exactly the same thing the next bloody day! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Absolute aids. 

Mate did this. One of our guys offered him a bottle he assumed was water. Skittles vodka.

He was struggling a bit after that.